New palms

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 DALION

DALION

• IPS MEMBER
  • 652 posts

Posted 06 April 2012 - 05:16 PM

I'm back from my trip to Tampa. Who knew visiting two 90+ old people could wear you out. Well, while there I had the priviledge of attending the CFPACS meeting and garden tours. At the home and garden of Mike Evans (I hope everyone saw the pics of that amazing garden) there was a palm auction and plant sale. Here are the new additions to the So Cal West Coast from the Florida West Coast.

Here are the three Pseudophoenix sargentii and a partial view of the Coccothrinax cupularis. all have been potted up from 3 gallon pots.

pseudophoenix sargentii.JPG

The other two palms I purchased are from the auction that went on after the garden tour. Two Foxy Lady palms.

Foxy Lady palms.JPG

I wish I could have purchased more and larger palms but transporting palms from Florida to California isn't an easy task. I did try to get some zamias but did not get an answer back from the seller.

PalmTalk Advertising

#2 Got Palms

Got Palms

• IPS MEMBER
  • 526 posts

Posted 08 April 2012 - 08:48 AM

Very nice Leo did u bring those back by plane or auto?

#3 Lucinda

Lucinda

• IPS MEMBER
  • 168 posts

Posted 08 April 2012 - 12:12 PM

Am curious how you transported your Florida palms into California? Did you fly? Drive? I have a son living in Sonoma County north of San Francisco and would like to carry/send palms to him when I visit .... but am afraid of having them confiscated en route. I live in SW Florida and saw you score some very nice plants at the CFP&CS meeting/Mike Evans' fantastic garden.
So how did you carry those palms?
Lucinda

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users