IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT ABOUT LOGGING IN ×
  • WELCOME GUEST

It looks as if you are viewing PalmTalk as an unregistered Guest.

Please consider registering so as to take better advantage of our vast knowledge base and friendly community.  By registering you will gain access to many features - among them are our powerful Search feature, the ability to Private Message other Users, and be able to post and/or answer questions from all over the world. It is completely free, no “catches,” and you will have complete control over how you wish to use this site.

PalmTalk is sponsored by the International Palm Society. - an organization dedicated to learning everything about and enjoying palm trees (and their companion plants) while conserving endangered palm species and habitat worldwide. Please take the time to know us all better and register.

guest Renda04.jpg

Uploading to Youtube

Walter John

Hi, I'm currently attempting to upload a hi def Vid to youtube, and it says it will take 275 minutes. Has anyone else used youtube to upload their digital camera mini movies ?

• Upvote 1

Happy Gardening

Cheers,

Wal

Queensland, Australia.

All my mini palm mini movies were from Digi cameras.. but not in HD I think....

I thought you had done the same? Or onto a different site?

And generally it was a 10-12 min upload for a 2-4 min movie.

Zone 10a at best after 2007 AND 2013, on SW facing hill, 1 1/2 miles from coast in Oceanside, CA. 30-98 degrees, and 45-80deg. about 95% of the time.

"The great workman of nature is time."   ,  "Genius is nothing but a great aptitude for patience."

-George-Louis Leclerc de Buffon-

I do some experiments and learning in my garden with palms so you don't have to experience the pain! Look at my old threads to find various observations and tips!

Wal - I have heard good things and seen better quality than YouTube on Vimeo. Check it out.

http://vimeo.com/

But the issue you are going to have is how big is the file you are attempting to upload. And what are your upload speeds. I have always had to use software to compress the file before uploading.

Thanks to those of you who help make this a fun and friendly forum.

All my mini palm mini movies were from Digi cameras.. but not in HD I think....

I thought you had done the same? Or onto a different site?

And generally it was a 10-12 min upload for a 2-4 min movie.

Hi Bill, with my recently acquired camera (same as Paulgila's) I can take Hi Def flicks but as Dean points out the size is rather huge and Youtube is/was taking too long. The quality of one I made yesterday is outstanding after I also purchased a new Panasonic HD 4g card.

Happy Gardening

Cheers,

Wal

Queensland, Australia.

Wal - I have heard good things and seen better quality than YouTube on Vimeo. Check it out.

http://vimeo.com/

But the issue you are going to have is how big is the file you are attempting to upload. And what are your upload speeds. I have always had to use software to compress the file before uploading.

Correct, file too big this time but I'll try Vimeo anyway, thanks for that and I will also take a slightly shorter film as the one I did yesterday just nudged over the 500mb size.

The quality is superb for a small point and click camera, I'm amazed.

Happy Gardening

Cheers,

Wal

Queensland, Australia.

Here's one I uploaded to Vimeo, let's see how she goes.

• Upvote 1

Happy Gardening

Cheers,

Wal

Queensland, Australia.

And one from youtube. My basic issue was the size of the films, due to HiDef quality the file size gets huge.

• Upvote 1

Happy Gardening

Cheers,

Wal

Queensland, Australia.

Very nice Wal! :) The color..

Zone 10a at best after 2007 AND 2013, on SW facing hill, 1 1/2 miles from coast in Oceanside, CA. 30-98 degrees, and 45-80deg. about 95% of the time.

"The great workman of nature is time."   ,  "Genius is nothing but a great aptitude for patience."

-George-Louis Leclerc de Buffon-

I do some experiments and learning in my garden with palms so you don't have to experience the pain! Look at my old threads to find various observations and tips!

Dear Wal,

Nice camera and great picture quality.And i think that only still cameras with HD video has You tube ready feature,that is brands like canon,nikon,fuji,kodak & cybershot from sony has this youtube video feature.All one has to do is just change the settings within the camera.And once you are done with the shot,all you have to do is to upload it to you tube.

But hi end video camera's from sony and panasonic with res of 1080(Full HD) models store the data in a SD-HC or SD-XC high speed memory cards and the data is stored mostly in MTS,M2TS kind of file extension.And its popularly called as AVCHD.this format is based on H.264 platform and these videos can be played directly on your modern HD TV's.

But the file size is 90% of the time are very big due to its HD properties.

So you must use video compression softwares or HD video conversion softwares like AVS video converter,Xilisoft video converter,Imtoo video converter,etc...These programs convert Hi def video content to a size which can be uploaded to a website.though the size of the file is reduced.the clarity is still very good.even you get a option to change the file resolution from 1080 to 720.

But i think sony hd camers comes along with its own editing software.But i have no knowledge as to what comes with panasonic hd video cameras.Hence all modern 1080HD cameras are all plug & play with modern HDTV's its always wise to buy some editing software,down size the file and convert it to MP4,AVI,DivxHD or better still to MKV.which can be played using a dedicated media player like popcorn hour,WD player or Asus O!Play HD2,etc.And these edited videos can be stored in External usb drive HDD of one or two terabyte size.

Just in case you want to burn your M2TS,MTS files on to a blu-ray disc as BDMV.But to do this also you need a software,High performance PC with a Bluray writer and the Bluray disc BD25 or BD50 are still very expensive.Or else you can give the memory card to photoexpress store where they will burn your high def movie on to a bluray disc for a price.Which can be only played in a dedicated bluray disc player.

And even if you are doing this in your PC the system should have the juice to chur out this action(conversion).intel i3 and above,one GB Ram,minimum 500GD Sata HDD,Bluray writer,And a hi def graphic card which should support Cuda or ATI techonology with one GB DDR2 Ram.most of such hi end graphic cards do also have a hdmi port,so you can very well connect you hdtv to it and also stream video from your Hard disk or from the net.i.e using your tv as a computer monitor to view youtube videos !

And to upload videos to youtube you should definitely have a dsl broadband connection,Dial-up modem is not suitable of this purpose.Now a days youtuble encourages its users to upload videos in hd format.Since many around the world are now using smart tv's having big sized displays to view youtube content.

Wal i think now your doubts are all cleared.If you do not have the needed software them you must visit the store where you have bought your camera.They will guide you through.Since if you buy software online,you should be sure that your Pc supports these softwares...

Love,

kris.

love conquers all..

43278.gif