Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Hippeastrum

8 posts in this topic

Just a photo of some of the, can't figure out what I should call them, I dug a dozen or so bulbs up at my Grandmas house in 1985, the year she died, and I've got them all across the front of my house, and just gave two pots to the neighbor like the one in the photo, Ed

post-3109-076849200 1332882225_thumb.jpg

What a nice keepsake!! I love Amaryllis and have a collection that is going to be increased. They are tough little plants with gorgeous flowers, that multiply without any effort.

That is indeed a fantastic memory of your grandmother - one of my favorite groups.

Yeah, I love Hippes too.w

Sadly, so do the snails.

That said, I've seen some SPECTACULAR EXPLETIVE EXPLETIVE EXPLETIVE hedgerows of them here in Guada La Habra . . .

Thanks guys, just too bad they only bloom for such a short time, Dave, you changed your user name, didn't know you could do that, Ed

Also blooming this time of year in SoCal (don't know if this will grow with Florida's summer rains) is Sprekelia formosissima:

Sprekelia_Jeff.jpg

Also blooming this time of year in SoCal (don't know if this will grow with Florida's summer rains) is Sprekelia formosissima:

Sprekelia_Jeff.jpg

Very different, thanks for the info, never seen one before, Ed

Sprekelia_Jeff.jpg

I love Aztec Lilies, they are cool!