Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Ptychosperma lineare, dypsis cabada, rhapis humilus

7 posts in this topic

Hello all,

I'm looking for a ptychosperma lineare, dypsis cabada and rhapis humulus in the Lake Worth, FL area.

Need to be at least 5-8 ft tall when planted except r. humilus which can be much smaller.

Many thanks

Try the Palm Beach Palm & Cycad spring sale this weekend at Mounts Botanical Garden. You should be able to get all three of em! :rolleyes:

Hello all,

I'm looking for a ptychosperma lineare, dypsis cabada and rhapis humulus in the Lake Worth, FL area.

Need to be at least 5-8 ft tall when planted except r. humilus which can be much smaller.

Many thanks

Turbo,

I have nice Dypsis cabadae in 15 and 25 gal pots here at Caribbean Palms Nursery in Loxahatchee.

Mike

Try the Palm Beach Palm & Cycad spring sale this weekend at Mounts Botanical Garden. You should be able to get all three of em! :rolleyes:

Directions and information for the sale can be found here: The Palm beach Palm & Cycad Society sale

maybe try Jeff Searle. Do you drive a turbo tl???

I agree with Derek to try Jeff Searle. I bought a couple of very nice 4-5' Ptychosperma lineare from him at the 2010 Key West plant sale...I think he stocks this species regularly. Also D. cabadae shouldn't be too much of a problem to find. They are pretty popular down here in the Keys and I think most are Homestead grown, but at least some wholesale producers are growing nice 15s and 25s of this species. I'm sure Jeff also has these.

Thanks for all the leads. I don't particularly want to go all the way to the keys so will look around the West Palm area. I had gotten Caribbean Palm name from Dale Holton.

Derek - Yes, I drive a turbo and used to live in Ft Myers.