• Announcements

• IPS BIENNIAL - SARAWAK / SINGAPORE JUNE 12-19   01/23/2016

STILL TIME TO REGISTER!!
      Don't miss this opportunity to hike through natural forest areas of Borneo to see palms in habitat led by expert guides. Experience the culture and cuisine of this exotic Southeast Asian country with fellow IPS travelers.
      In Singapore you'll experience the world's largest covered garden, Gardens by the Bay, and tour the venerable Singapore Botanic Garden. 
      You must be an IPS member to register, so sign up today. For more information click HERE (For more info of past biennials and member experiences see the BIENNIAL FORUM on Palmtalk.)   One of the exotic palms of Borneo
    • NEW FORUM - PALMS IN POTS   01/23/2016

CHECK IT OUT BELOW I think it is self explanatory - it's right below the COLD HARDY PALMS FORUM.

Copernicia fallaence (silver) $7K

7 posts in this topic

It's a nice one! :D

post-50-069258600 1332523426_thumb.jpg

Show is!

Add that one to my tab thanks Ken :lol:

Ken-

could you give us a little history about this fantastic palm you are offering for sale ????

Ken-

could you give us a little history about this fantastic palm you are offering for sale ????

I dug it up.....

Oh. more that that? Well that would be tipping my hand as to how I go about finding and transplanting these types of things but I think most people already know that part.

To be serious the previous owner bought this palm as a small plant from one of the vendors that "went" to Cuba and "collected this himself". The quotes are to emphasize that going to Cuba from the U.S.A. to collect seeds is illegal so anyone that says they did it is admitting to a crime. The person then claimed that this was the true Falleansis (since he collected it himself in the town of Fallen) but that is the "same" story the other person told my supplier about the other one I have which looks completely different! So...now what?

I'll tell ya what. They are fantastic looking palms of the genus Copernicia and they rarely for sale at any size much less the size of these monsters. There are bigger ones available too. Interested? FOB :D

There are bigger ones available too.

Like this one, Ken?

post-1566-032645600 1332972668_thumb.jpg

Oops... never mind. It is already sold.

Jody

Exactly! :winkie: