Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

4089 likes 25 dislikes...........

11 posts in this topic

Thats awesome. I want one.

There's some special things to see in life.......and that video ranks right up among them. That was really great. It reminds me of the video of the two men that went back to Africa to find their lion friend that was released earlier.

Thanks for sharing this!!!

There's some special things to see in life.......and that video ranks right up among them. That was really great. It reminds me of the video of the two men that went back to Africa to find their lion friend that was released earlier.

Thanks for sharing this!!!

Ah!! You mean this video, Jeff. Pass the Kleenex! crying.gif

Truly awesome. I struggle to inderstand why we treat other primates - especially gorillas and chimpanzes - with such carelessness. We are so close to them genetically - less than 1.6% difference in out DNA.

Truly awesome. I struggle to inderstand why we treat other primates - especially gorillas and chimpanzes - with such carelessness. We are so close to them genetically - less than 1.6% difference in out DNA.

That's just chimps(actually we are the closest to Bonobos, genetically) Gorillas, the % is higher...

That's just chimps(actually we are the closest to Bonobos, genetically) Gorillas, the % is higher...

Chimps are actually closer genetically to humans than they are to gorillas!

Awesome, yes, I had a tear, I think it was the effect of the music.

Chimps are actually closer genetically to humans than they are to gorillas!

Keith,

You are right about that! But gorillas are close enough. When you remove all the junk DNA, we are very close to chimps, bonobos, and gorillas.

Jared Diamond's book The Third Chimpanze - brings this home loud and clear.

Edited by palmmermaid

Interesting snippet from Wikipedia:

"A 2008 study of two orangutans at the Leipzig Zoo showed that orangutans are the first non-human species documented to use 'calculated reciprocity' which involves weighing the costs and benefits of gift exchanges and keeping track of these over time."

John,

Very interesting. I will have to delve into that more. Why we do the things we do is a very interesting subject. And if we look to our closest relatives, we can see much of that reflected back at us.