IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT ABOUT LOGGING IN ×
  • WELCOME GUEST

It looks as if you are viewing PalmTalk as an unregistered Guest.

Please consider registering so as to take better advantage of our vast knowledge base and friendly community.  By registering you will gain access to many features - among them are our powerful Search feature, the ability to Private Message other Users, and be able to post and/or answer questions from all over the world. It is completely free, no “catches,” and you will have complete control over how you wish to use this site.

PalmTalk is sponsored by the International Palm Society. - an organization dedicated to learning everything about and enjoying palm trees (and their companion plants) while conserving endangered palm species and habitat worldwide. Please take the time to know us all better and register.

guest Renda04.jpg

Dirt Merchant

tank

Gonna get some soil. I've bought soil from this outfit several times. also have picked up his peanuthull mulch. How do these prices compare to similar operations in your area? Definitely cheaper than buying from a big box store. Two yards is spilling over the sides of the bed of my Toyota tundra.

http://customcompost.com/www.customcompost.com/Products_&_Pricing_files/SEP%20Customer%20Price%20List%207-3-11.pdf

Jason

Gainesville, Florida

I don't know if there are any similarities between your vendor and the near me but here is there price list. They have many different products and do custom blends.

O.F. Wolfinbarger

Are there any other places in the SoCal area people use?

I go to TreeCo in La Habra,

On Lambert road

They charge about $27.00 per cubic yard for the woodchips you see all over my place

Plus about $37.00 a yard for planting mix that I use as the potting soil for my babies

Let's keep our forum fun and friendly.

Any data in this post is provided 'as is' and in no event shall I be liable for any damages, including, without limitation, damages resulting from accuracy or lack thereof, insult, or lost profits or revenue, claims by third parties or for other similar costs, or any special, incidental, or consequential damages arising out of my opinion or the use of this data. The accuracy or reliability of the data is not guaranteed or warranted in any way and I disclaim liability of any kind whatsoever, including, without limitation, liability for quality, performance, merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose arising out of the use, or inability to use my data. Other terms may apply.

Gonna get some soil. I've bought soil from this outfit several times. also have picked up his peanuthull mulch. How do these prices compare to similar operations in your area? Definitely cheaper than buying from a big box store. Two yards is spilling over the sides of the bed of my Toyota tundra.

http://customcompost.com/www.customcompost.com/Products_&_Pricing_files/SEP%20Customer%20Price%20List%207-3-11.pdf

May be jsut list some prices, can't get the linkee to workee

Any data in this post is provided 'as is' and in no event shall I be liable for any damages, including, without limitation, damages resulting from accuracy or lack thereof, insult, or lost profits or revenue, claims by third parties or for other similar costs, or any special, incidental, or consequential damages arising out of my opinion or the use of this data. The accuracy or reliability of the data is not guaranteed or warranted in any way and I disclaim liability of any kind whatsoever, including, without limitation, liability for quality, performance, merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose arising out of the use, or inability to use my data. Other terms may apply.

For us Oceanside peeps we get it all for free! Free self load and $2 if you want it loaded! Hey...i'm just sayin...

Here is the price list. Still good! The only thing I will say is it doesn't have some of the fancy stuff.

http://www.agriserviceinc.com/product-summarypricing.html

Grateful to have what I have, Les amis de mes amis sont mes amis!

For us Oceanside peeps we get it all for free! Free self load and $2 if you want it loaded! Hey...i'm just sayin...

Here is the price list. Still good! The only thing I will say is it doesn't have some of the fancy stuff.

http://www.agriserviceinc.com/product-summarypricing.html

Fancy, schmancy! It all ROTS

http://customcompost...st%207-3-11.pdf

May be jsut list some prices, can't get the linkee to workee

Keep trying:)

Jason

Gainesville, Florida

I pay $16.00 a yard for mulch. I use a two yard trailer and they load it too!

I have been dissatisfied with wolfinbarger product and price Da Lion and my place is closer to you also.

Randy

test

I have been dissatisfied with wolfinbarger product and price Da Lion and my place is closer to you also.

Randy

Randy

I unfortunately need about 40-50 yards of a good cycad friendly mix and they custom mix and deliver. So, if you know of a place that has a premixed 60-70% inorganic mix or can custom make a mix that is better and cheaper than Wolfinbarger I'd like to know.

Leo

I buy Australian pine mulch by the dump truck load. A load costs me $700. That includes delivery. I could go get it but would need to make several trips plus it costs more per yard plus I would have to unload it! We use about 1 load a year now. It is the only mulch I use. I hate that red crap and I refuse to use cypress or rubber.

Wish I could get baled pine straw but it is very cost prohibitive here. The price in the list for pine bark fines is cheap compared to what I have to pay.

Palmmermaid

Kitty Philips

West Palm Beach, FL

I buy Australian pine mulch by the dump truck load. A load costs me $700. That includes delivery. I could go get it but would need to make several trips plus it costs more per yard plus I would have to unload it! We use about 1 load a year now. It is the only mulch I use. I hate that red crap and I refuse to use cypress or rubber.

Wish I could get baled pine straw but it is very cost prohibitive here. The price in the list for pine bark fines is cheap compared to what I have to pay.

This place is near the soil dealer. They are a cypress lumber yard. This is where I get most of my mulch, pretty much exclusively pine bark.

http://www.griffislumber.com/Products/bulk_mulch.html

What is also convenient is that there is a Conrad Yelvington rock yard next door, not that my trailer can handle enough weight to multitask with rocks and mulch.

Jason

Gainesville, Florida

Randy

Randy

I unfortunately need about 40-50 yards of a good cycad friendly mix and they custom mix and deliver. So, if you know of a place that has a premixed 60-70% inorganic mix or can custom make a mix that is better and cheaper than Wolfinbarger I'd like to know.

Leo

Down here in San Diego, Hansen/A-1 Soils has a lot of different planting mixes or they will mix custom for you. It's not cheap though. You're gonna pay $30/yd at least from what I remember. If you just need organics you can get it very cheap at the local landfill's greenery area.

Matt Bradford

"Manambe Lavaka"

Spring Valley, CA (8.5 miles inland from San Diego Bay)

10B on the hill (635 ft. elevation)

9B in the canyon (520 ft. elevation)

Leo,

Thier Kevin Weaver cycad mix is very good. I am sure you know to ask for Kevin Weavers cycad mix. Thier palm tree mix sucks bad! It sheads water and wont even grow weeds!!!

I threw the palm tree mix away:rage: $$$.

Wolfanburgers mulch has much more trash in it than the mulch I get locally and they tend to put about 2 1/2 yards in the trailer even though I paid for 2 yards.

Randy

test

Down here in San Diego, Hansen/A-1 Soils has a lot of different planting mixes or they will mix custom for you. It's not cheap though. You're gonna pay $30/yd at least from what I remember. If you just need organics you can get it very cheap at the local landfill's greenery area.

I'm also a fan of Hansen's Matthew. Corazon here in O'side is starting to charge for mulches Jastin. When they have extra then it's free for self-loading. Peraino Topsoil in Escondido is great if you're like me and prefer separate components for mixing yourself. They've got some pretty wild mulches too.