• Announcements

• IPS BIENNIAL - SARAWAK / SINGAPORE JUNE 12-19   01/23/2016

STILL TIME TO REGISTER!!
      Don't miss this opportunity to hike through natural forest areas of Borneo to see palms in habitat led by expert guides. Experience the culture and cuisine of this exotic Southeast Asian country with fellow IPS travelers.
      In Singapore you'll experience the world's largest covered garden, Gardens by the Bay, and tour the venerable Singapore Botanic Garden. 
      You must be an IPS member to register, so sign up today. For more information click HERE (For more info of past biennials and member experiences see the BIENNIAL FORUM on Palmtalk.)   One of the exotic palms of Borneo
    • NEW FORUM - PALMS IN POTS   01/23/2016

CHECK IT OUT BELOW I think it is self explanatory - it's right below the COLD HARDY PALMS FORUM.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Dirt Merchant

14 posts in this topic

Gonna get some soil. I've bought soil from this outfit several times. also have picked up his peanuthull mulch. How do these prices compare to similar operations in your area? Definitely cheaper than buying from a big box store. Two yards is spilling over the sides of the bed of my Toyota tundra.

http://customcompost.com/www.customcompost.com/Products_&_Pricing_files/SEP%20Customer%20Price%20List%207-3-11.pdf

I don't know if there are any similarities between your vendor and the near me but here is there price list. They have many different products and do custom blends.

O.F. Wolfinbarger

Are there any other places in the SoCal area people use?

I go to TreeCo in La Habra,

On Lambert road

They charge about $27.00 per cubic yard for the woodchips you see all over my place

Plus about $37.00 a yard for planting mix that I use as the potting soil for my babies

Gonna get some soil. I've bought soil from this outfit several times. also have picked up his peanuthull mulch. How do these prices compare to similar operations in your area? Definitely cheaper than buying from a big box store. Two yards is spilling over the sides of the bed of my Toyota tundra.

http://customcompost.com/www.customcompost.com/Products_&_Pricing_files/SEP%20Customer%20Price%20List%207-3-11.pdf

May be jsut list some prices, can't get the linkee to workee

For us Oceanside peeps we get it all for free! Free self load and $2 if you want it loaded! Hey...i'm just sayin...

Here is the price list. Still good! The only thing I will say is it doesn't have some of the fancy stuff.

http://www.agriserviceinc.com/product-summarypricing.html

For us Oceanside peeps we get it all for free! Free self load and $2 if you want it loaded! Hey...i'm just sayin...

Here is the price list. Still good! The only thing I will say is it doesn't have some of the fancy stuff.

http://www.agriserviceinc.com/product-summarypricing.html

Fancy, schmancy! It all ROTS

http://customcompost...st%207-3-11.pdf

May be jsut list some prices, can't get the linkee to workee

Keep trying:)

I pay $16.00 a yard for mulch. I use a two yard trailer and they load it too!

I have been dissatisfied with wolfinbarger product and price Da Lion and my place is closer to you also.

Randy

I have been dissatisfied with wolfinbarger product and price Da Lion and my place is closer to you also.

Randy

Randy

I unfortunately need about 40-50 yards of a good cycad friendly mix and they custom mix and deliver. So, if you know of a place that has a premixed 60-70% inorganic mix or can custom make a mix that is better and cheaper than Wolfinbarger I'd like to know.

Leo

I buy Australian pine mulch by the dump truck load. A load costs me $700. That includes delivery. I could go get it but would need to make several trips plus it costs more per yard plus I would have to unload it! We use about 1 load a year now. It is the only mulch I use. I hate that red crap and I refuse to use cypress or rubber.

Wish I could get baled pine straw but it is very cost prohibitive here. The price in the list for pine bark fines is cheap compared to what I have to pay.

I buy Australian pine mulch by the dump truck load. A load costs me $700. That includes delivery. I could go get it but would need to make several trips plus it costs more per yard plus I would have to unload it! We use about 1 load a year now. It is the only mulch I use. I hate that red crap and I refuse to use cypress or rubber.

Wish I could get baled pine straw but it is very cost prohibitive here. The price in the list for pine bark fines is cheap compared to what I have to pay.

This place is near the soil dealer. They are a cypress lumber yard. This is where I get most of my mulch, pretty much exclusively pine bark.

http://www.griffislumber.com/Products/bulk_mulch.html

What is also convenient is that there is a Conrad Yelvington rock yard next door, not that my trailer can handle enough weight to multitask with rocks and mulch.

Randy

Randy

I unfortunately need about 40-50 yards of a good cycad friendly mix and they custom mix and deliver. So, if you know of a place that has a premixed 60-70% inorganic mix or can custom make a mix that is better and cheaper than Wolfinbarger I'd like to know.

Leo

Down here in San Diego, Hansen/A-1 Soils has a lot of different planting mixes or they will mix custom for you. It's not cheap though. You're gonna pay $30/yd at least from what I remember. If you just need organics you can get it very cheap at the local landfill's greenery area.

Leo,

Thier Kevin Weaver cycad mix is very good. I am sure you know to ask for Kevin Weavers cycad mix. Thier palm tree mix sucks bad! It sheads water and wont even grow weeds!!!

I threw the palm tree mix away:rage: $$$.

Wolfanburgers mulch has much more trash in it than the mulch I get locally and they tend to put about 2 1/2 yards in the trailer even though I paid for 2 yards.

Randy

Down here in San Diego, Hansen/A-1 Soils has a lot of different planting mixes or they will mix custom for you. It's not cheap though. You're gonna pay $30/yd at least from what I remember. If you just need organics you can get it very cheap at the local landfill's greenery area.

I'm also a fan of Hansen's Matthew. Corazon here in O'side is starting to charge for mulches Jastin. When they have extra then it's free for self-loading. Peraino Topsoil in Escondido is great if you're like me and prefer separate components for mixing yourself. They've got some pretty wild mulches too.