• Announcements

• IPS BIENNIAL - SARAWAK / SINGAPORE JUNE 12-19   01/23/2016

STILL TIME TO REGISTER!!
      Don't miss this opportunity to hike through natural forest areas of Borneo to see palms in habitat led by expert guides. Experience the culture and cuisine of this exotic Southeast Asian country with fellow IPS travelers.
      In Singapore you'll experience the world's largest covered garden, Gardens by the Bay, and tour the venerable Singapore Botanic Garden. 
      You must be an IPS member to register, so sign up today. For more information click HERE (For more info of past biennials and member experiences see the BIENNIAL FORUM on Palmtalk.)   One of the exotic palms of Borneo
    • NEW FORUM - PALMS IN POTS   01/23/2016

CHECK IT OUT BELOW I think it is self explanatory - it's right below the COLD HARDY PALMS FORUM.
    • PALMTALK PERVERT   02/01/2016

Just a heads up to everybody - there is a "pervert" trying to crash PalmTalk with vulgar language and discussions of having sex with palms. It may be coincidence, but someone also called a palm seller I know and started asking him questions about "having sex with palms."  I have a possible name and location. His IP was from San Diego Cox and it geolocated to around Mesa College. I won't divulge anything else because sometimes this type of information is not accurate. But I do have a name and address. But I just wanted everyone to know, and ask that you inform me if you come across any information, or see anything that should not be on PT.

PalmTalk members at the Thailand Biennial

60 posts in this topic

The Biennial in Thailand in September this year will be memorable in so many different ways. We may have record attendance (previous "record" was 220 at the Biennial in Thailand in 1998 and a close second was the one in Hawaii in 2004 with 200). I believe we will also have a record attendance of first-timers AND of PalmTalk members. Never before will so many PalmTalk members have met at the same time. This will definitely be your chance to meet fellow forum members! And experience Thailand AND Nong Nooch! :) So, let's see who is going to be there. Please do a Copy and paste of the list below, add your name and as much, or as little, information as you feel comfortable with, and add a new post. I'll start it off:

Bo-Göran Lundkvist (bgl) from Hawaii. My 9th Biennial. First one was in Caracas in 1994.

Bo-Göran Lundkvist (bgl) from Hawaii. My 9th Biennial. First one was in Caracas in 1994.

Cindy Adair (apaandssa) from Virginia and eventually Puerto Rico.This will be my first Biennial and my first trip to Asia.

Cindy Adair (apaandssa) from Virginia and eventually Puerto Rico.This will be my first Biennial and my first trip to Asia.

Kathryn and Craig Morgan (Kathryn & El Gato Grande) from Louisiana/Mississippi. My 4th Biennial - first was Dominican Republic in 2006.

Kathryn and Craig Morgan (Kathryn & El Gato Grande) from Louisiana/Mississippi. My 4th Biennial - first was Dominican Republic in 2006.

Tim Brian and Bob Gibbens (realarch) from Hawaii. This will be our first Biennial.

Tim Brian and Bob Gibbens (realarch) from Hawaii. This will be our first Biennial.

Bruce Lowe (Lowey)from Australia. This will be my second Biennial, my first was Rio 2010

Bruce Lowe (Lowey)from Australia. This will be my second Biennial, my first was Rio 2010

Paul and Patty Craft from Loxahatchee, Florida. My 9th Biennial. First was Miami in 1992. Missed the first Thailand Biennial.

Paul and Patty Craft from Loxahatchee, Florida. My 9th Biennial. First was Miami in 1992. Missed the first Thailand Biennial.

Wal Donovan (Wal) from Australia. This is my first Biennial and my first trip overseas.

Looking forward to the Biennial.

All paid for, besides , someone has to look after Wal, this being his first trip off the big island!

see you there

regards

Colin

Looking forward to the Biennial.

All paid for, besides , someone has to look after Wal, this being his first trip off the big island!

see you there

regards

Colin

Geez Col, you can't even do this right, who's looking after who ?

Wal Donovan (Wal) from Australia. This is my first Biennial and my first trip overseas.

Colin Wilson (palmtreesforpleasure) from Australia. His first biennial.

Hopefully expecting to survive a long and exciting pre tour, together with our group of Brazilian adventurous friends (Alberto and Nelly Barkema, Hoover and Liana Mendonça and another couple from Recife) through South Africa, Dubai and Hong Kong on our way, we're looking forward to meeting everyone there again, plus so many great longtime Palmtalk buddies, for the first time 'in flesh' like Col and Wal, Jeff, Paulgila, Ari, etc...

Barbara and I are also planning on a short post tour to Malaysia and Singapore on our way back...Since we'll be so far away from home, what is the problem with a couple more short flights comparing to the expected 14 long ones scheduled, including the connections? :mrlooney:

Oops...

Gileno and Barbara Machado from Recife, Brazil. Second biennial and first trip to SE Asia.

Alberto and Nelly Barkema from Paraná, Brazil. First biennial was Rio de Janeiro 2010.

Oops...

Gileno and Barbara Machado from Recife, Brazil. Second biennial and first trip to SE Asia.

Alberto and Nelly Barkema from Paraná, Brazil. First biennial was Rio de Janeiro 2010.

paul denton & jessie odaffer from san diego california. 1st biennial!

Paul Denton & Jessie Odaffer from San Diego California. 1st biennial!

David & Geri Prall (SW_FL_Palms) from Florida - 5th Biennial (1st one 1996 S. California)

David & Geri Prall (SW_FL_Palms) from Florida - 5th Biennial (1st one 1996 S. California)

Lucinda McCartney - 2nd biennial. First one was Rio 2010. Traveling with me will be son Bob Blenker (Rio was his 1st) and Grisel McCain

Lucinda McCartney - 2nd biennial. First one was Rio 2010. Traveling with me will be son Bob Blenker (Rio was his 1st) and Grisel McCain

Jeff and Andrea Searle,from South Florida. My 6th Biennial. My first Biennial was in Miami in 1992. Attended the first Biennial in Thailand.

Jeff and Andrea Searle,from South Florida. My 6th Biennial. My first Biennial was in Miami in 1992. Attended the first Biennial in Thailand.

Helena Brandfors (HBaum), from Hawaii. I'm a Biennial virgin. Can't wait!

Burt Repine, 3rd biennial, CR and Brazil, 1st trip to Asia

Kim Cyr from San Diego, California. This will be my third Biennial after Costa Rica and Brazil, and my first trip to Asia.

Kim Cyr from San Diego, California. This will be my third Biennial after Costa Rica & Brazil, and my first trip to Asia.

Randy (palmisland) & Debbie Wiesner. This is our 1st biennial!

Kim Cyr from San Diego, California. This will be my third Biennial after Costa Rica & Brazil, and my first trip to Asia.

Jim & Judy Glock will be on our 6th Biennial

Jeffry and Christine Brusseau from Vista, California- This will be our 6th Biennial and first time to Nong Nooch.

Jeffry and Christine Brusseau from Vista, California- This will be our 6th Biennial and first time to Nong Nooch

Roger and Sally Betts from Sarasota, Florida: Our 5th biennial, after Venezuela, Thailand, New Caledonia, France.....

Jeffry and Christine Brusseau from Vista, California- This will be our 6th Biennial and first time to Nong Nooch

Roger and Sally Betts from Sarasota, Florida: Our 5th biennial, after Venezuela, Thailand, New Caledonia, France.....

Sue and Turk Rowlands, 11th Biennial. 1990 in Hawaii was first. Missed Miami in 92 because of Hurricane. Have attended all since then.

Sue and Turk Rowlands, 11th Biennial. 1990 in Hawaii was first. Missed Miami in 92 because of Hurricane. Have attended all since then.

Brenda Funaro and Julie Cowan. Our second biennial.

Dan Ashley (KONADANTOM) from Kailua-Kona Hawai’i / my third Biennial after Costa Rica & Brazil / my first trip to Asia / also doing the Southern Thailand Pre-Tour

Dan Ashley (KONADANTOM) from Kailua-Kona Hawai’i / my third Biennial after Costa Rica & Brazil / my first trip to Asia / also doing the

Southern Thailand Pre-tour.

Peter Beatty (Peter Pacific) and Guillermo Ruiz from Guatemala, first biennial and first trip to Asia.

Dan Ashley (KONADANTOM) from Kailua-Kona Hawai’i / my third Biennial after Costa Rica & Brazil / my first trip to Asia / also doing the

Peter Beatty (Peter Pacific) and Guillermo Ruiz from Guatemala, first biennial and first trip to Asia.

Annika Lundkvist (currently reside in Bavaria). 2nd Biennial- 1st was in France. I look forward to the people, food, palms & elephants.

Processing..........

Processing..........

[/////////////////////////////////////////////////////...............]

progress bar

Bill? You just screwed up the topic man. I vote to put you on the "short" bus for the biennial. :lol:

Annika Lundkvist (currently reside in Bavaria). 2nd Biennial- 1st was in France. I look forward to the people, food, palms & elephants.

Bill Sanford from So California, (BS Man) 2nd Biennial, 1st was Costa Rica. Going because I promised Anders in Costa Rica..(Palmgrover will be me bunkmate)

Bill, Great to see you'll be in Thailand. I enjoyed meeting you at Jungle Music and appreciate your help. Should be fun!

Bill Sanford from So California, (BS Man) 2nd Biennial, 1st was Costa Rica. Going because I promised Anders in Costa Rica..(Palmgrover will be me bunkmate)

Al & Silvia Bredeson from Kona, Big Island, Hawaii. Second time to Nong Nooch (1998). Love these Biennials!

Al & Silvia Bredeson from Kona, Big Island, Hawaii. Second time to Nong Nooch (1998). Love these Biennials!

Mike Merritt from east Hawaii, Puna District. Also plan to join the south Thailand pre-tour if it goes.

Mike Merritt from east Hawaii, Puna District. Also plan to join the south Thailand pre-tour if it goes.

Francisco (Trópico) and Yenny Lozada from Orlando, FL. Our first biennial and first time ever to Asia. We could not let the awesomeness of the Southern Thailand pre-tour pass us by.

Francisco (Trópico) and Yenny Lozada from Orlando, FL. Our first biennial and first time ever to Asia. We could not let the awesomeness of the Southern Thailand pre-tour pass us by.

David and Wipada Salmanowitz, from Bangkok, Thailand. 4th biennial, 1st one was in Thailand back in 1998.

Donald Sanders, Holualoa, Hawaii, (The Big Island)

Dan Ashley (KONADANTOM) from Kailua-Kona Hawaii / my third Biennial after Costa Rica & Brazil / my first trip to Asia / also doing the

David and Wipada Salmanowitz, from Bangkok, Thailand. 4th biennial, 1st one was in Thailand back in 1998.

Jerry and Cindy Andersen from Calif & Big Island HI, This is my 6th biennial and Cindy's 4th.

Jerry and Cindy Andersen from Calif & Big Island HI, This is my 6th biennial and Cindy's 4th.

Alain and Douang Jamet from Sisaket (Thailand). We live in the northeast of Thailand. Glad to meet American's friends at the "Land of smile".

Alain and Douang Jamet from Sisaket (Thailand). We live in the northeast of Thailand. Glad to meet American's friends at the "Land of smile".

Rob van der Borg from Miami Beach, 1st Biennial, 1st time to Thailand, the country will never be the same!

Dan Ashley (KONADANTOM) from Kailua-Kona Hawai'i / my third Biennial after Costa Rica & Brazil / my first trip to Asia / also doing the

Rob van der Borg from Miami Beach, 1st Biennial, 1st time to Thailand, the country will never be the same!

Grant Stephenson and possibly Carletta DeLonjay Houston / Austin Texas, 3rd and first time in Thailand