• Announcements

• COMING PALMTALK CHANGES - PLEASE READ   02/14/2017

In the coming week (probably beginning this weekend), several major changes will be occurring with PalmTalk. The result will be short periods of complete closure, or of limited viewing (that is, no posting - but viewing still possible). These changes are major and unexpected complications are always a possibility. So, please be patient and bear with us. For those interested, the first phase will be a migration of the entire site to a new more powerful server. After this is completed, a major upgrade to the newest version of the forum software will then be attempted. It is hoped that these improvements, along with some new configurations of various parameters made possible with the new server capabilities, will result in an elimination of some error messages and glitches which have been plaguing various tasks and viewing recently. As with any upgrade there will probably be some new and/or changed features, or ways of viewing and/or using the forum. I anticipate these will be minor, and as always if there is anything confusing or needing explanation, we will set up a topic to discuss them.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Finger Bananas

6 posts in this topic

Got these as a 3 gal. in 09, not a green leaf on the one with the bananas on it, Ed

post-3109-034914600 1331488297_thumb.jpg

post-3109-063111100 1331488316_thumb.jpg

post-3109-046365000 1331488338_thumb.jpg

That is a nice bonus after freezing, i would say.

Ed, i used to grow bananas, but i dont recognize that particular plant....there is a Musa acuminata 'lady fingers', but it doesn't look like that one...at first i thought 'Orinoco', but the terminal inflorescence looks wrong.........

Regardless, that is pretty cool after such low temps...thanks for the pics!

Rusty

must be nice to have heat in the winter... :D

Thanks Rusty, no Idea what species, Bill, warm, you do remember me rushing 300 palm trees in the garage a few weeks ago? Ed

Sad, that they wont ripen with out leaves.

I have a variety here in central CA that fruits every winter even when the leaves freeze off, they regrow new ones and fruit in July.

Jeff

.post-116-056379400 1332418550_thumb.jpg

Got these as a 3 gal. in 09, not a green leaf on the one with the bananas on it, Ed

Thanks Rusty, no Idea what species, Bill, warm, you do remember me rushing 300 palm trees in the garage a few weeks ago? Ed

Yeah... but that was short lived ... :D