IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT ABOUT LOGGING IN ×
  • WELCOME GUEST

It looks as if you are viewing PalmTalk as an unregistered Guest.

Please consider registering so as to take better advantage of our vast knowledge base and friendly community.  By registering you will gain access to many features - among them are our powerful Search feature, the ability to Private Message other Users, and be able to post and/or answer questions from all over the world. It is completely free, no “catches,” and you will have complete control over how you wish to use this site.

PalmTalk is sponsored by the International Palm Society. - an organization dedicated to learning everything about and enjoying palm trees (and their companion plants) while conserving endangered palm species and habitat worldwide. Please take the time to know us all better and register.

guest Renda04.jpg

The ultimate "Good morning thread"

Z4Devil

Dear all,

not sure if such a toppic exists already but I will try it. It is absolutely clear to me that the most of us are living in different timezones. But exactly therefore we are able to ensure to keep this thread at the top in the oftoppic-section.

It does not matter where you are, what you are doing or what you plan: some short thoughts or updates are appriciated to welcome a new day for all. I am quite sure that my postings in a very early morning will be between breakfast and preparing for the working day. With a cup of coffee in the left and the car key in the right hand, my first thoughts belong to you here at palmtalk. And yes, I know many people are on their way to bed at this time. But who cares? The idea is what counts.

Tomorrow at around 8 a.m. I will start the new day with some short comments (in the office).

I guess (and hope) this thread is alive around a whole day. Morning in Germany, Evening or midnight in the US, afternoon in another area.

Yours Verena :)

Member of the ultimate Lytocaryum fan society :)

I crawl out bed at the crack of lunch, snarling and hissing at everything that dares to cross my path. After my first few gulps of much needed coffee, I try (often unsuccessfully) to lure one dog out of my bed without being bitten, and the other little darling out the door. Eventually after much growling from all the concerned parties, I get them outside and hope they dont beat me back through the door. Meanwhile, the bird is shrieking ceaselessly, wanting his morning birdy cuddles and playfight. I get my 2nd cup of coffee during the avian activities, put the bird back in his house, scratch a few itchy bits and turn on the kitchen tv and the computer. 10 minutes later when I finally have found my glasses, I check the weather forecast and flick through palmtalk to see if there is anything inspirational enough to make me want to get out of my nightie. At this stage things can go either way...I will feel inspired, take out my curlers, put something on and go outside to fiddle in the garden or I will make a 3rd coffee and sit in a daze for 30 minutes while I decide whether to do something or go back to bed. Often the latter option wins.

Peachy

I came. I saw. I purchased

27.35 south.

Warm subtropical, with occasional frosts.

I crawl out bed at the crack of lunch, snarling and hissing at everything that dares to cross my path. After my first few gulps of much needed coffee, I try (often unsuccessfully) to lure one dog out of my bed without being bitten, and the other little darling out the door. Eventually after much growling from all the concerned parties, I get them outside and hope they dont beat me back through the door. Meanwhile, the bird is shrieking ceaselessly, wanting his morning birdy cuddles and playfight. I get my 2nd cup of coffee during the avian activities, put the bird back in his house, scratch a few itchy bits and turn on the kitchen tv and the computer. 10 minutes later when I finally have found my glasses, I check the weather forecast and flick through palmtalk to see if there is anything inspirational enough to make me want to get out of my nightie. At this stage things can go either way...I will feel inspired, take out my curlers, put something on and go outside to fiddle in the garden or I will make a 3rd coffee and sit in a daze for 30 minutes while I decide whether to do something or go back to bed. Often the latter option wins.

Peachy

Now that's the life. As I have no varmints (except dear husband) in my life I am forced, after my coffee and breakfast, to dress in henley shirt/shorts gardening clothes then go out to visit my palms.

Meg

Palms of Victory I shall wear

Cape Coral (It's Just Paradise)
Florida
Zone 10A on the Isabelle Canal
Elevation: 15 feet

I'd like to be under the sea in an octopus' garden in the shade.

Good morning Verena! :) Great idea for a thread!

My day begins at 4:35 am when the alarm goes off. If I'm in San Diego, I take my time getting ready for work, enjoying my coffee and glancing over the Wall Street Journal, and maybe take a quick peek at what's new on PalmTalk. Then I'll make the short drive from my home near the ocean, around the San Diego Bay, and into the downtown area to my office on the 23rd floor of what passes for a high-rise building in San Diego. Because I work on a computer all day, and it's not a blocked site (not yet, anyway :rolleyes: ) I can pop into PalmTalk now and then as I multi-task.

But, if I am at my home in Hawaii, because the time zone is 2-3 hours later than San Diego, I just roll out of bed, put on slippers and a sweatshirt, turn on the computer, and voilà, I'm at work. While I enjoy my coffee, it will still be dark for another hour and a half, but when the sun rises and the sounds change from coqui frogs to twittering birds, I have a great view of my Dypsis area just out the window.

The funny thing is, even though I live and work in California and Hawaii, my work schedule is all geared around New York time, based on when the New York Stock Exchange opens and closes.

I'll add photos later when I can access them.

Kim Cyr

Between the beach and the bays, Point Loma, San Diego, California USA
and on a 300 year-old lava flow, Pahoa, Hawaii, 1/4 mile from the 2018 flow
All characters  in this work are fictitious. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead, is purely coincidental.

Good morning, everybody :)

This morning was a very special one. In the most areas of Germany, public services are going on token strike. That means especially for mobility, not trams or busses go and the highways are completely blocked. North-Rhine Westphalia is the most populous German Federal Land with highest traffic volume.

Thus, I was on the highway at 6:00 a.m. to avoid the chaos that will follow. That was a good idea - as far as I heard in the radio, since 7:30 a.m. nearly all relevant highways are blocked.

Have a nice day and much success in anything you are going to do. :)

Member of the ultimate Lytocaryum fan society :)