as I have prepared some egg salad about 10 minutes ago, I thought it could be a good idea to share this special recipe with you. We talk about a very special kind of this salad - this of my grandma and my mother from Dresden (Saxony).Dresden (Saxonian) Egg Salad
What you need:
2 big onions
1 bunch of chive
3 tablespoons of medium hot mustard
about 400 g of mayonnaise
a pinch of black pepper
salt (as you like it)
1 tablespoon of sugar
1. Eggs into a pot with cold (!) water. Bring them to the boil and let them simmer for at least 10 minutes. It is important to have hard-boiled eggs.
2. Meanwhile you cut up the onions and the chive into small pieces and put them into a bowl.
3. When the eggs are ready, you have to refill the pot with cold water. 2 times to ensure that the water is cool. Wait about 15 minutes, take the eggs and remove the shell.
4. Take the egg slicer and cut the eggs vertically and horizontally. We need small cubes no slices.
5. Put the mustard and the mayonnaise on the cutted eggs in the bowl, also the pepper, salt and sugar.
6. Mix all the ingredients.
That´s it. If you followed the instruction as listed your result should look like this:
Enjoy your meal.
PS: by the way ... if you plan a party you can prepare a highlight with the above described salad.
Take as much small-sized tomatoes as you need, remove a small part of the head and scoop out them. Refill it with the salad, put them on a dinner tray and look what happens. You will be suprised which part of your menue is missing first.