IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT ABOUT LOGGING IN ×
  • WELCOME GUEST

It looks as if you are viewing PalmTalk as an unregistered Guest.

Please consider registering so as to take better advantage of our vast knowledge base and friendly community.  By registering you will gain access to many features - among them are our powerful Search feature, the ability to Private Message other Users, and be able to post and/or answer questions from all over the world. It is completely free, no “catches,” and you will have complete control over how you wish to use this site.

PalmTalk is sponsored by the International Palm Society. - an organization dedicated to learning everything about and enjoying palm trees (and their companion plants) while conserving endangered palm species and habitat worldwide. Please take the time to know us all better and register.

guest Renda04.jpg

A delicious snack for every day

Z4Devil

Dear all,

as I have prepared some egg salad about 10 minutes ago, I thought it could be a good idea to share this special recipe with you. We talk about a very special kind of this salad - this of my grandma and my mother from Dresden (Saxony).

Dresden (Saxonian) Egg Salad

What you need:

14 eggs

2 big onions

1 bunch of chive

3 tablespoons of medium hot mustard

about 400 g of mayonnaise

a pinch of black pepper

salt (as you like it)

1 tablespoon of sugar

Steps:

1. Eggs into a pot with cold (!) water. Bring them to the boil and let them simmer for at least 10 minutes. It is important to have hard-boiled eggs.

2. Meanwhile you cut up the onions and the chive into small pieces and put them into a bowl.

3. When the eggs are ready, you have to refill the pot with cold water. 2 times to ensure that the water is cool. Wait about 15 minutes, take the eggs and remove the shell.

4. Take the egg slicer and cut the eggs vertically and horizontally. We need small cubes no slices.

5. Put the mustard and the mayonnaise on the cutted eggs in the bowl, also the pepper, salt and sugar.

6. Mix all the ingredients.

That´s it. If you followed the instruction as listed your result should look like this:

Enjoy your meal.

:D Verena

PS: by the way ... if you plan a party you can prepare a highlight with the above described salad.

Take as much small-sized tomatoes as you need, remove a small part of the head and scoop out them. Refill it with the salad, put them on a dinner tray and look what happens. You will be suprised which part of your menue is missing first. B)

post-3495-026759400 1329586873_thumb.jpg

Member of the ultimate Lytocaryum fan society :)

Sounds very good. I guess the yolks can be used with the rest of the ingredients, and fill the whites (devil eggs). Yummm, thanks!

Patricia

:D

Much success, Patricia. Any feedback is much appreciated.

Yours Verena :)

Anything with almost a pound of mayonaise has to be good!

Sounds like something I might try. Thanks

Alan

Tampa, Florida

Zone - 10a

It is not smart to read this BEFORE dinner!

:D

Zone 10a at best after 2007 AND 2013, on SW facing hill, 1 1/2 miles from coast in Oceanside, CA. 30-98 degrees, and 45-80deg. about 95% of the time.

"The great workman of nature is time."   ,  "Genius is nothing but a great aptitude for patience."

-George-Louis Leclerc de Buffon-

I do some experiments and learning in my garden with palms so you don't have to experience the pain! Look at my old threads to find various observations and tips!

Thanks for posting this recipe Verena! You must have been reading my mind-I was just thinking about making some the other day, and now I have a new recipe to try!! Looking forward to it.

@ Bill: :D Then take the salad INSTEAD OF the dinner.

@ kahili: thank you. :) I am sure you will like it.

Yours Verena

Now I want to watch "What's up Tigerlily"...

"Ph'nglui mglw'napalma Funkthulhu R'Lincolnea wgah'palm fhtagn"
"In his house at Lincoln, dread Funkthulhu plants palm trees."

Verena, your recipe came at a great time. :) I love Devil Eggs and it's one of my signature dishes to take to a "Pot Luck" invite. A few friends gathered here for a picnic yesterday, Presidents' Day 20th Feb. I decided to make the salad you posted here, instead of my signature Devil Eggs. It was a GREAT HIT, AND ALL WANTED THE RECIPE!!! I presented same with WASA crispbread and other goodies.

Thank you so very much. The salad was soooooooooooo good! :):):):):)

KPL

Enjoying MY home and garden in Leilani Estates, "K.P. Lundkvist Palm Garden"

• 2 weeks later...

Karolyn, that is so great - thank you. :) I am totally happy to know that I´ve done you a favor.

Well, next weekend I have another surprise: I intend to present Grandma´s cheesecake. I bet nobody here knows that kind of cake like we do. ;)

Feel huged -

Verena :)