IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT ABOUT LOGGING IN ×
  • WELCOME GUEST

It looks as if you are viewing PalmTalk as an unregistered Guest.

Please consider registering so as to take better advantage of our vast knowledge base and friendly community.  By registering you will gain access to many features - among them are our powerful Search feature, the ability to Private Message other Users, and be able to post and/or answer questions from all over the world. It is completely free, no “catches,” and you will have complete control over how you wish to use this site.

PalmTalk is sponsored by the International Palm Society. - an organization dedicated to learning everything about and enjoying palm trees (and their companion plants) while conserving endangered palm species and habitat worldwide. Please take the time to know us all better and register.

guest Renda04.jpg

Palm Beach Palm Cycad Society Spring Sale

MAPU 1

The Palm beach Palm & Cycad Society Will be having its Spring Sale at the Mounts Botanical Garden.

Saturday March 31, 9:00AM to 4:00PM

Sunday April 1,9:00AM to 3:00PM

Admission to the Garden is free to sale attendees.

The Garden is located At 559 North Military Trail on the West side of the road,

between Southern Blvd. and Belvedere Road.

The weather has been very good this year so there should be lots of choice goddies to be had!

Dale F. Holton

What better way to spend Palm Sunday then going to a palm sale?

This is the address:

Mounts Botanical Garden

531 North Military Trail

West Palm Beach FL 33415

Here are the directions:

Mounts Botanical Garden

From Florida's Turnpike Take the Okeechobee Blvd. exit East to Military Trail, then go south on Military Trail 1 1/4 miles to Mounts Botanical Garden (1/4 mile south of Belvedere Rd.) on your right, across from Palm Beach International Airport).

From I-95 Take the Southern Blvd. exit west to Military Trail, then go north on Military Trail 1/2 mile to Mounts Botanical Garden (on your left, across from Palm Beach International Airport).

post-4967-013279700 1329741095_thumb.gif

Palm Beach Palm and Cycad Society Member (IPS Affiliate)

North Palm Beach

We are looking forward to seeing all of you palm and cycad nuts at our Palm Beach Palm and Cycad Sale at the Mounts Botanical Garden on Saturday March 31 and Sunday April 1. Lots of palms and cycads at exceptionally good prices. Free admission and free parking. Hope to see you there.

Betty

There is always enough room for another palm!

• 4 weeks later...

This is the list as it stands now.

Ron Crocie - Sherwood Forest Nursery

Betty Ahlborn Paddlefoot Farms

Dale Holton Holton Nursery

MB Palms MB Palms

Mike Harris Caribbean Palms Nursery

Steve Stern Steve Sterns Rare Palms

Ron Schaff --

Jack Dewey Folsom Palms Nursery

Elizabeth Sperry DAsign Source Botanicals

I can't remember Ron Schaff's nurseries name, but will find out.

There will be plants at this sale that you wont be able to find anywhere else in Florida. I have been to three of these nursery’s in the last few weeks and there inventory looks GREAT!!!

Edited by Tomw

North Palm Beach

Wow, I would love to know exactly WHAT palms will be offered that their not offered anywhere else in Florida. :hmm: Look forward to coming!

Searle Brothers Nursery Inc.

and The Rainforest Collection.

Southwest Ranches,Fl.

Come to the sale and you can see for yourself, after all you said that you “would LOVE to meet me” you can do both at the same time. It would be great to meet you; I’ve heard so many wonderful things about you, it would be an honor. You will have a great time; there are several vendors that offer Palms and Cycads (wild collected seed) that you can’t find other places. It’s always nice to see what great plants that others are quietly selling for great prices. There isn’t a lot of fanfare at our sale just great plants at great prices in a wonderful setting, have you been to Mounts Botanical Garden lately? Don’t forget your camera!!

North Palm Beach

Maybe some cold hardy palms that can be grown in the great white tundra of Vero Beach perhaps?

With a tin cup for a chalice

Fill it up with good red wine,

And I'm-a chewin' on a honeysuckle vine.

Yes there will be some cold hardy palms. Don’t forget that many of the rare Cycads are very cold hardy, and some very nice Cycads will be there!

North Palm Beach

We are loading up and looking forward to seeing all our old friends and meeting new friends this weekend. The weather should be much better than last fall. I'm sure that you can find something to add to your collection.

Betty

There is always enough room for another palm!

Maybe some cold hardy palms that can be grown in the great white tundra of Vero Beach perhaps?

Ron Schaff grows his stuff in the western area of Ft. Pierce. :winkie:

Coral Gables, FL 8 miles North of Fairchild USDA Zone 10B

Thanks to everyone that came out this weekend. We had great sale, it was the best sale we’ve had in years! Not only did we sell a lot, but the traffic that came thru was amazing!!! The only complaint that I heard about the sale from vendors was, that they didn’t bring enough plants.

North Palm Beach