• Announcements

• IPS BIENNIAL - SARAWAK / SINGAPORE JUNE 12-19   01/23/2016

STILL TIME TO REGISTER!!
      Don't miss this opportunity to hike through natural forest areas of Borneo to see palms in habitat led by expert guides. Experience the culture and cuisine of this exotic Southeast Asian country with fellow IPS travelers.
      In Singapore you'll experience the world's largest covered garden, Gardens by the Bay, and tour the venerable Singapore Botanic Garden. 
      You must be an IPS member to register, so sign up today. For more information click HERE (For more info of past biennials and member experiences see the BIENNIAL FORUM on Palmtalk.)   One of the exotic palms of Borneo
    • NEW FORUM - PALMS IN POTS   01/23/2016

CHECK IT OUT BELOW I think it is self explanatory - it's right below the COLD HARDY PALMS FORUM.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

World of Palms Exhibit, Berlin

12 posts in this topic

Any Germany based folks on the forum? World of Palms Exhibit in Berlin (ends Feb 26, 2012). Hoping to make it there and post my "coverage" here :)

World of Palms, Berlin

i like the sound of the "palm shopping game." thats right up my alley :lol:

Well, "ages 5 and up" would seem to cover just everybody here! :lol: Maybe something to think of for future PRAs? The sky's the limit when it comes to new concepts! :rolleyes:

Annika, thanks for posting the link - I hope you manage to make to Berlin and post some photos here! That'd be great! :)

Hi Annika,

ich bin aus Deutschland! Von der Ausstellung hab ich leider noch nichts mitbekommen. Danke für die Info. Aber um ehrlich zu sein glaube ich, dass es so eine Enttäuschung sein wird wie jede "Palmenausstellung" hier in D... habe nur schlechte Erfahrungen gemacht.

And now for all: As I am always disappointed by palm exhibitions in germany, I will not make that long ride to Berlin. If it would be an exhibition for whole salers it could be more interesting... Anyway, thank you very much for the information and I'd like to see some pictures. Maybe this time I'm wrong and I miss a really good one!

Despite of that: I live on the opposite side of germany, so it is too far away for me.

I live at lake constance, so I have a kind of continuous exhibition araound here :D

Need to see some good pictures. Without speaking german and no pictures, the website was of no value. I look forward to your coverage.

you dont speak german??? pfffffft. :rolleyes:

Tanzen, tanzen an den Autobahn!

If you scroll down a little you will find an english text. It looks like the handicap isn't the lack of "a german speaking page". Hugs Jason

Edited by Jason Baker Portugal

Janni (and others) - do stay tuned for photos. I will be in Berlin the next few days and have an appt to meet one of the curators of the exhibit (and pass on some info about IPS to them). It is Germany so I don't expect a completely mind blowing Palm display, but I think it should be interesting. Here is one article from the museum:

http://growingfromseeds.com/2012/01/berlin-goes-nuts-over-rare-palm-fruit/

It is Germany so I don't expect a completely mind blowing Palm display, but I think it should be interesting. Here is one article from the museum:

As long as you're in Berlin, it's well worth a visit to Jörg Schumann - Palms.de - a good part of my garden started in his Jörg's Gewächshaus. A real gentleman with a nice collection!

Cheers

Maurice

Thanks for the reference/tip mlovecan! I will shoot Schumann an email.

Cheers,

Annika