• WELCOME GUEST

It looks as if you are viewing PalmTalk as an unregistered Guest.

Please consider registering so as to take better advantage of our vast knowledge base and friendly community.  By registering you will gain access to many features - among them are our powerful Search feature, the ability to Private Message other Users, and be able to post and/or answer questions from all over the world. It is completely free, no “catches,” and you will have complete control over how you wish to use this site.

PalmTalk is sponsored by the International Palm Society. - an organization dedicated to learning everything about and enjoying palm trees (and their companion plants) while conserving endangered palm species and habitat worldwide. Please take the time to know us all better and register.

guest Renda04.jpg

Fresh Licuala dasyantha seeds

garrytsen

Licuala dasyantha, incorrectly known as Licuala radula before is a vulnerable species now listed on the endangered and protected list.

Different from other tropical Licuala, Licuala dasyantha is probably the most cold hardy in its genus taking minus degrees in mild winter and more interesting is that it has striking yellow dots and rings on the leaves making them quite cute and beautiful.Based on the growing experiments reported. Say in 2002, the 1 year old seedling and adult palms did notice any damage after 2 continuous raining days as low as -2C(28.4F) in Guilin City, Guangxi Province China where the lowest temperature goes down to -5C(23F).

Fresh Licuala dasyantha seeds price INCLUDING shipment to anywhere the world.

USD30/30 seeds

USD90/100 seeds.

20% more bonus seeds are given for the new year.

Contact me at cnnursery@yahoo.com

licuala_dasyantha_seeds.jpg

IMG_4713.JPG

licuala_dasyanth_seedling.jpg

For more photos ,click the following link

Licuala dasyantha

As Licuala dasyantha is relatively new some members have even never heard of and not much is known to the good cold hardiness, but here are some other members' actual experience and nice cultivation photos of this species on the forum for reference

http://www.palmtalk.org/forum/index.php?showtopic=30956 nice photo and its cold hardiness

http://www.palmtalk.org/forum/index.php?showtopic=27664 nice photo of L.dasyantha with stunning yellow dots and rings.

http://www.palmtalk.org/forum/index.php?showtopic=21301 more experience

Some more from ours.

licuala_dasyantha_2.jpg

licuala_dasyantha_like_mapu.jpg

IMG_4734.JPG

Dear Members,

As we are going to celebrate weeks-long new year holiday, so we will finish all the shipments before January 17th. Those who are interested in early seeds please plan the purchase before that and we will send out all the ordered seeds within 3 days by a registered parcel and you will get a tracking number then.Plus, we take Paypal to facilitate the purchase.You can directly order at our website

Hi Garry,

I am interessed by this licuala, would you be able to sell 10 seeds only for $10?

Thanks.

Gilles06. :winkie:

07690.gif

elevation 328 feet

distance from mediteranean sea 1,1 mile

lowest t° 2009/2010 : 27F

lowest t° 2008/2009 : 33F

lowest t° 2007/2008 : 32F

lowest t° 2006/2007 : 35F

lowest t° 2005/2006 : 27F

lowest t° 2004/2005 : 25F

Historical lowest t° 1985 : 18F

Gilles06

:D That is ok if you need that few, although we normally suggest growers to buy as few as 30 seeds to make sure that they have enough seedlings later. Because it is easy to germinate Licuala dasyantha seeds, but even an experienced grower sometimes could end up with obtaining several seedlings due to damping off or the lack of care which are moderately growing in the first three years.It is much cheaper than the famous Mapu which it resembles in term of the yellow dots ,but it has uniquely yellow rings around the leaf segments,plus better cold hardiness and so worth growing more to decorate the garden.

30 is what I would recommend too. This palm is not the easiest to grow. I ordered 100 seed from Garry last year and I now have 48 three leaf seedlings (the fresh seed germinates well). This is the stage I got my first 5 about 4 years ago when I was sent some from Australia. Only one remains and is on life support.

Len

Vista, CA (Zone 10a)

Shadowridge Area

"Show me your garden and I shall tell you what you are."

-- Alfred Austin

• 2 weeks later...

Garry was super prompt with my order, looking forward to it in the mail. :)

Christian Faulkner

Venice, Florida - South Sarasota County.

www.faulknerspalms.com

Μολὼν λάβε

Garry, sent you a PM, look forward in hearing back from you, thanks.

Jeff

Searle Brothers Nursery Inc.

and The Rainforest Collection.

Southwest Ranches,Fl.

• 1 month later...

Hi Garry

The seeds that I got from you have germinated in less than two weeks.

I am excited as I have two older plants in the ground that have been

flowering.i have sent you another order for more seeds.

Dale

Dale F. Holton

Gary looked in the greenhouse this weekend these seeds have almost all germinated.

Great seeds

Thank you

Mike

• 2 months later...

We have some hundreds of germinated Licuala dasyantha seeds in stock now. Those who are interested in them will be free of the trouble sprouting them by themselves .To thank you all growers' support, we are selling them at the same price.

Be quick to get and transplant them into the pot . :D:D

USD30/30 germinated seeds

USD90/100 germinated seeds.

10% more bonus seeds are given for the limited stock.

Thank you guys.

Right now all the L.dasyantha seeds are out of stock and you could come to us this November for the fresh seeds.

• 6 months later...

Licuala dasyantha seeds are to be collected within 1-2 weeks for this year 2012.

Fresh Licuala dasyantha seeds price INCLUDING shipment to anywhere the world.

USD30/30 seeds

USD90/100 seeds.

20% more bonus seeds are given for pre-order if you mention palmtalk.

Contact me at cnnursery@yahoo.com

For some other species like Cycas debaoensis, C.multipinnata, C.micholitzii,C.diannanensis, C.szechuanensis, Chuniophoenix ,and Trachycarpus princeps, and wild clumping Phoenix roebelenii, please visit

our website www.coldplant.com

Garry Tsen

Hi Garry,

I went to your site to look for the clumping Phoenix roeb palm. I couldn't find any prices, availability time or pictures. Help!

Thanks, Jeff

Searle Brothers Nursery Inc.

and The Rainforest Collection.

Southwest Ranches,Fl.