• WELCOME GUEST

It looks as if you are viewing PalmTalk as an unregistered Guest.

Please consider registering so as to take better advantage of our vast knowledge base and friendly community.  By registering you will gain access to many features - among them are our powerful Search feature, the ability to Private Message other Users, and be able to post and/or answer questions from all over the world. It is completely free, no “catches,” and you will have complete control over how you wish to use this site.

PalmTalk is sponsored by the International Palm Society. - an organization dedicated to learning everything about and enjoying palm trees (and their companion plants) while conserving endangered palm species and habitat worldwide. Please take the time to know us all better and register.

guest Renda04.jpg

Randy Decker

Madchemis

Seller Rating  

21 members have voted

1. 1. Seller Rating?

• Positive
    • Negative

I would like to share my unfortunate and provide a rating for this Middle man seller Randy Decker for other people to know what they get might get into when buying plants from him. Randy had trick me in buying a cycad that didn't turn out to be what it is when I trusted him with I gave my money to go pick-up it. He's not an accredited nursery or business, so it's your risk!

-David

I have bought seedlings and seed from Randy and have had a positive experience every time. I trust Randy would do the right thing if a mistake were made.

P.S.

This middle man thing is actually something we call capitalism. It is one of the things that makes this country great and is the same thing just about every nursery out there does. What are people supposed to do tell you where you can get their plants cheaper?

Encinitas, CA

Zone 10b

I have not yet purchased anything from this vendor, because he never responds to PM's regarding his sale items. That's my experience with him so far. Communicating with potential buyers is quite important in earning business.

Edited by santoury

I have bought 4 cycads from him and he threw in 1 for free. Think he has a decently wide selection and reasonable prices, good seller!

I would like to share my unfortunate and provide a rating for this Middle man seller Randy Decker for other people to know what they get might get into when buying plants from him. Randy had trick me in buying a cycad that didn't turn out to be what it is when I trusted him with I gave my money to go pick-up it. He's not an accredited nursery or business, so it's your risk!

-David

Really? A plant salesman is a middleman? EVERY plant sales person buy and resell things. The reason they are are in business is to hopefully is to make money and you make make money buy selling things. I have never purchased anything for randy nor have I met the person but I can say that he can't please everyone. And, some people are never pleased.

Randy, keep selling palms and cycads that you are growing from seed or you purchased to resell. If people like you are not making plants available to us collectors, we would have fewer rare plants at our disposal. Thanks for offering plants to us. I hope to buy from you someday.

Leo

Thank you all for your kind comments!

I am going to address David Ho's harsh comments about me and my since of ethics.

He claims I am not an accredited nursery or business. I don't know how the word accredited applies here but he is right, at this time I am NOT a nursery or business.

I am a plant collector! I was a sheet metal worker and now I am retired. I have lots of very nice plants in my collection. With my income I could not afford them!

So I by a quantity of plants and sell off extra to pay for the ones going into the garden. You all seen that with my recent Encephalartos latifrons for sale thread, now I have a lati!

David somehow, and I haven't a clue how, he thought he was going to buy a super rare form of longifolius blue called blunt tip fish tail for the same price as a common longi blue!!!

He was happy with the plant that is in the pic I posted! It is beautiful. I also delivered it for free 30+ miles from my house. I made $150.00 for my effforts. Wow was he tricked...

post-1270-017049200 1325384227_thumb.jpg post-1270-074702300 1325384230_thumb.jpg Click on pics to enlarge it's worth doing!

post-1270-073720100 1325384233_thumb.jpg post-1270-093330500 1325384235_thumb.jpg

This is a 16" caudex I sold him for $1200.00!

Happy New Year everyone!

Randy

test

I would like to add my 2 cents. I've bought a few cycads from Randy in the past. I want to let everyone know a little story. I bought some goodies from randy, we then both agreed on a delivery time, and location. Randy then drove to my house to deliver my merchandise. Unfortunately the driving directions he received on his GPS MAPS, not his fault gave him incorrect directions. One thing led to another and we had to reschedule the delivery of plants and seeds. On his return trip the directions got straightened out, and when he showed up at my house, which by the way is a good drive distance away I received all my goods as advertised, but because he felt so bad about the delay on the first trip, which wasn't his fault, he threw in some very nice seeds as a complimentary token of kindness and apology. This my friends is what I call "character". So for all who doubt what he sells, don't by from him, and their will be none of your unnecessary complaints we all need to hear about, there will just be more product for me to buy. Thanks Randy for your efforts in keeping us all within reach of these wonderful plants. 

• Like 1

thats the plant all this fuss is about??!?! :blink: no comments, well, its SO nice. green with envy.

I SAY yes to Randy. Can attest what robert and palms and bananas said.

just came back to this forum to support Randys character. I no longer post on this forum.

After I was flooded out and my garden badly damaged last January, Randy kindly sent me some cycad seeds of some very rare species. They have had a high germination rare and are growing well. I am very grateful and happy too.

Peachy

I came. I saw. I purchased

27.35 south.

Warm subtropical, with occasional frosts.

I have purchased multiple plants from Randy and have had more than favorable results. He even offered to refund a $1200 dollar purchase that appeared to be lost in transit but was not, even thought it was would not have been his respocability. If I have a concern about anything we talk, and is always addressed. We will continue to do more business for the above listed reasons.

I have just now removed four posts by Madchemis and one of Randy's posts (a response to one of the deleted Madchemis posts).

We will not tolerate personal attacks or obscene language. One more post by ANYONE using foul language, or questioning someone's character, and that person WILL receive a warning and a one week suspension. We expect everyone who's posting here to stick to the facts, as they are seen. Good or bad.

Mis-identification of plants is not an unusual scenario. Whether this is intentional or not, is NOT something that can be determined on PalmTalk, and the old expression "Buyer beware" comes to mind.

Bo-Göran

Leilani Estates, 25 mls/40 km south of Hilo, Big Island of Hawai'i. Elevation 880 ft/270 m. Average rainfall 140 inches/3550 mm

Please note that this sub-forum (Grower Ratings) is a place for people who have had a transaction or meaningful interaction with a grower to express their positive or negative experience - and for the grower to then respond if desired - only.

It is meant to be an easily utilized tool to help decide whether to "do business" with a grower. Other discussions, opinions, or remarks should be posted elsewhere.

Thanks to those of you who help make this a fun and friendly forum.

I bought quite a few germinated Cycas panz. from Randy last spring as well as a few trispinuss. The quality was excellent and he even sent a few extra. They were supposed to be a more blue form and as they grew (now up to 3-4 leaves) I was amazed how blue they were compared to the others I have and wanted to report to Randy how happy I was but been very busy. Now it seems to be a good time to express my satisfaction and to report that the plants exceeded my expectations. THANK YOU RANDY!!

Eric Blaser

Portland, Oregon

• 1 month later...

I bought a couple times cycads from Randy and I m very happy with his plants, the way he takes cares of them for shipping and for sure I will do busines with him again!

thanks Randy!

Edited by Palmetro

• 1 year later...

Randy's always played it straight with me, no problem.

When the time and plants are right, I'll do it again. And again.

Let's keep our forum fun and friendly.

Any data in this post is provided 'as is' and in no event shall I be liable for any damages, including, without limitation, damages resulting from accuracy or lack thereof, insult, or lost profits or revenue, claims by third parties or for other similar costs, or any special, incidental, or consequential damages arising out of my opinion or the use of this data. The accuracy or reliability of the data is not guaranteed or warranted in any way and I disclaim liability of any kind whatsoever, including, without limitation, liability for quality, performance, merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose arising out of the use, or inability to use my data. Other terms may apply.

• 1 year later...

I have bought Encephalartos seed from Randy a few times and found him to be truthful, honest and dependable. The quality and germination rate of the seed was way higher then most of the big "accredited businesses" I have dealt with, and cheaper. Let me take this time to say thanks to Randy and the select few individuals who from time to time have excellent offerings on this board. Would love to do more business with Randy in the future.

Thanks Randy!

• Upvote 1

18n. Hot, humid and salty coastal conditions.