IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT ABOUT LOGGING IN ×
  • WELCOME GUEST

It looks as if you are viewing PalmTalk as an unregistered Guest.

Please consider registering so as to take better advantage of our vast knowledge base and friendly community.  By registering you will gain access to many features - among them are our powerful Search feature, the ability to Private Message other Users, and be able to post and/or answer questions from all over the world. It is completely free, no “catches,” and you will have complete control over how you wish to use this site.

PalmTalk is sponsored by the International Palm Society. - an organization dedicated to learning everything about and enjoying palm trees (and their companion plants) while conserving endangered palm species and habitat worldwide. Please take the time to know us all better and register.

guest Renda04.jpg

Encephalartos latifrons Trapps Valley S. African cycad

yachtingone

Seedlings are $400.00 each. I will post pics later this week after I pic them up.

post-1270-081017900 1324948124_thumb.jpg

Randy

I made an honest mistake when discribing these E. latifrons seedling! They are actually 2 year old plants that have been growing in the ground.

I believed that they were 1 year old seedlings in a liner pot which is what I have been e-mailing to people. I had 6 available. 4 are sold.

They have one or two leaves. I have no idea how big they are(caudex size). The seed came from Loran Whitelocks plants.

I will post pics at about 2:00 pm PST

(951)733-5082

This is one of Lorans E. latifrons I took at the palm society meeting...

post-1270-044305300 1325089350_thumb.jpg

• Upvote 1

test

I have 5 plants available and I have 7 request. 5 people have a plant on hold pending these pics. The other 2 people will get plants if any of the plants on hold are not purchased.

I will cherry pick from first payment recieved to the last payment recieved. I have recieved two payments already. They will get the two plants in the front row.

The middle of second row will be next then the two leafer on the left. Thier caudexs are about 1"!!!

post-1270-011781600 1325187459_thumb.jpg post-1270-058016100 1325187462_thumb.jpg

Thank you,

Randy

• Upvote 1

test

Should be all gone by tomarro! Great sale. :D

Searle Brothers Nursery Inc.

and The Rainforest Collection.

Southwest Ranches,Fl.

I learned from Randy that if you rub the leaf it feels like sandpaper and after buying many plants from Randy I would not worry about it. I am sure they are the real deal.

Encinitas, CA

Zone 10b

I learned from Randy that if you rub the leaf it feels like sandpaper and after buying many plants from Randy I would not worry about it. I am sure they are the real deal.

Anyhow, I also didn't know that Loran sold his latifrons seeds?

Please remember we have a section for comments regarding a grower/seller - and this is not the place.

Thanks to those of you who help make this a fun and friendly forum.

Please remember we have a section for comments regarding a grower/seller - and this is not the place.

Thank you moderator for doing a fine job!

You can't make everyone happy!!!

Randy

test

Thank you moderator for doing a fine job!

You can't make everyone happy!!!

Randy

Anyhow, I also didn't know that Loran sold his latifrons seeds?

Who said he sold seeds? Not I!!!

test