First Frost for Houston

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Ed in Houston

Ed in Houston

• FORUM MEMBER
  • 95 posts

Posted 30 November 2011 - 09:03 AM

On Monday Nov. 28th It was 36 degrees at my place in SE Houston. There may have been some near freezing temps in the colder areas around town, West and North. The air was dry with the DP in the 20s. It was calm and there was some light frost on the roofs, cars and houses.

Ed in Houston

PalmTalk Advertising

#2 Ed in Houston

Ed in Houston

• FORUM MEMBER
  • 95 posts

Posted 07 December 2011 - 05:47 AM

Wide spread freezing temperatures across S. Texas this morning. It was 33 at my place in SE Houston. Temps across the city were in the low 30s with upper 20's in the the suburbs. Temps were generally below freezing in S. Texas except for the mid 30s in the RGV and within a few miles of all coastal areas. Low 40s on S. Padre Island.

Ed in Houston

#3 _Keith

_Keith

• IPS MEMBER
  • 8,892 posts

Posted 07 December 2011 - 03:04 PM

Ed, I am due East of you in Louisiana. Tonight's low forecast for us was just dropped to 30.

In my post I sometimes express "MY" opinion.   Please do not feel insulted if your opinion differs from my opinion.  That is fine.  You get to have one, I get to have one.  Its kind of like they teach you in Kindergarten, but we don't even have to share.  Any data in this post is provided 'as is' and in no event shall I be liable for any damages, including, without limitation, damages resulting from accuracy or lack thereof, insult, or lost profits or revenue, claims by third parties or for other similar costs, or any special, incidental, or consequential damages arising out of my opinion or the use of this data. The accuracy or reliability of the data is not guaranteed or warranted in any way and I disclaim liability of any kind whatsoever, including, without limitation, liability for quality, performance, merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose arising out of the use, or inability to use my data.  Other terms may apply.

#4 Ed in Houston

Ed in Houston

• FORUM MEMBER
  • 95 posts

Posted 08 December 2011 - 06:37 AM

It was 33 again this morning in SE Houston. The temp bottomed out about 2 am and was up to 35 at dawn as high pressure got enough east to give a bit of warmth from the still mild Galveston bay. There was a moderate frost on exposed areas. I think most of the city was above freezing this morning but the burbs got a light freeze again. Over in Louisiana you may get a heavy frost with the additional moister in S. Louisiana. No problems with the tropical garden, even the elephant ears were not damaged. I am just waiting to see how many more days or weeks before it is time for to hold a funeral procession on the King palm planted last spring.

Ed in Houston

#5 _Keith

_Keith

• IPS MEMBER
  • 8,892 posts

Posted 08 December 2011 - 08:29 AM

Ed, I woke up to 28 degrees this morning, and heavy frost.

In my post I sometimes express "MY" opinion.   Please do not feel insulted if your opinion differs from my opinion.  That is fine.  You get to have one, I get to have one.  Its kind of like they teach you in Kindergarten, but we don't even have to share.  Any data in this post is provided 'as is' and in no event shall I be liable for any damages, including, without limitation, damages resulting from accuracy or lack thereof, insult, or lost profits or revenue, claims by third parties or for other similar costs, or any special, incidental, or consequential damages arising out of my opinion or the use of this data. The accuracy or reliability of the data is not guaranteed or warranted in any way and I disclaim liability of any kind whatsoever, including, without limitation, liability for quality, performance, merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose arising out of the use, or inability to use my data.  Other terms may apply.

#6 Xenon

Xenon

• FORUM MEMBER
  • 1,165 posts

Posted 09 December 2011 - 04:15 PM

Hit 28*F (with heavy frost) out west in Katy, exposed bananas are very bronze...
:( Jonathan

Jonathan

Katy, TX (Zone 9a)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users