Teddy X Triangle

19 posts in this topic

I have this out door grown one gallon Leptocheilos X Decaryi hybrid that I am willing to trade for Kentiopsis Magnifica, Cyphokentia Cerifera, any other harder to come by New Cal palms or Dypsis that I do not have yet. May be larger or smaller than my palm depending on rarity. Thanks, Aaron

IMG_0101.jpg

Edit - ill ask in PM

After some pm's and some further research I now have some doubts this palm is a hybrid. I am going to keep it. Sorry for the confusion. Aaron

We got 2 from Phil also and they look like the real deal to us! I'll post pics of them..

It looks real to me Aaron.

nope

Here's a 2gal TriBear hybrid about the same size

DSCN5302.jpg

How can you tell? They are way different sized plants, yours being much larger, grown in different climates. Justin, I know you're familiar with both coasts. What about Aarons plant tells you it's not real? I can only see that Aaron's plant might have slightly wider leaflets. Is that it? The trunks look the same to me.

nope

I agree. There are two traits all true crosses have pretty early. A keeled leaf (especially towards rachis) and a keeled leafbase. This shows pretty much planner leaves and rounded bases. But who knows, maybe it is still too young and it will grow into it.

Edit: Looking at Justins you can clearly see the two traits.

I remember when these came in. Jesse wasn't sure they all were legit. There were plenty that were the real deal though. Bags picture is hard to tell either way. I think the seeds came from you Justin.

It does have a keeled leaf base, but the pic is a little dark so it is hard to tell. Either way it is not a big deal. Things happen all the time with trying to id palms and I am just going to grow it up and see what happens. I'll keep you guys posted.

Personally, I think there is natural variation in the teddy bear triangle crosses.

I have a true teddy planted right next to a couple of hybrids and they definitely are not even close to the same in appearance. Yet, my hybrids do not really look exactly the same as others Ive seen folks post pics of. They are less "droopy" and seem to show more triangle traits.

Edited by spockvr6

it doesn't look like it's 'twisting' at the end of the leaflet, atleast that's what my tri-teddy does...

or maybe i don't have a tri-teddy... :blink::hmm:

Edited by Palmə häl′ik

Is this a cross?

post-1729-033354400 1323028494_thumb.jpg

post-1729-049445600 1323028521_thumb.jpg

post-1729-078693900 1323028561_thumb.jpg

post-1729-071385600 1323028587_thumb.jpg

Nope. That is a transformer palm, don't blink or it will turn in a X-mas palm.

Is this a cross?

Yes, it's a double cross! :lol:

Hey! Moose stole those photos! mrlooney.gif

:floor: brilliant!

Good one Moose. Stolen property and only worth about $100.