• Announcements

• IPS BIENNIAL - SARAWAK / SINGAPORE JUNE 12-19   01/23/2016

STILL TIME TO REGISTER!!
      Don't miss this opportunity to hike through natural forest areas of Borneo to see palms in habitat led by expert guides. Experience the culture and cuisine of this exotic Southeast Asian country with fellow IPS travelers.
      In Singapore you'll experience the world's largest covered garden, Gardens by the Bay, and tour the venerable Singapore Botanic Garden. 
      You must be an IPS member to register, so sign up today. For more information click HERE (For more info of past biennials and member experiences see the BIENNIAL FORUM on Palmtalk.)   One of the exotic palms of Borneo
    • NEW FORUM - PALMS IN POTS   01/23/2016

CHECK IT OUT BELOW I think it is self explanatory - it's right below the COLD HARDY PALMS FORUM.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Stark Differences within Micro-Climates

11 posts in this topic

Today was an excellent example of how micro-climates produce radically different conditions. The immediate coastline of Los Angeles was shrouded in low fog all day yet inland a short distance it was sunny and somewhat hot. Maximum temps today: Getty Center [89F\ 31.6C] and Santa Monica Pier [59F\ 15C]; that's a difference of 30 degrees in less than 3 miles! :wacko: Cold water well offshore create these remarkable contrasts between the beaches and just a few miles inland.

92F\ 33.3C at my house 20 miles inland.

Oh, yeah, in California, it's like, well, gnarly . . .

More or less a fog bank at my house all day. When heard a report of Sun inland, I was actually a bit sceptical it was so thick at times...

I experienced this last year the day BS man and Matty B and i went to Gary levines place on a very warm sunny afternoon it was at least 90 f (32c) at Garys and at Torrey pines golf course right on the coast at La Jolla it was overcast and 68f 19 c ! :mrlooney:

not sure if I heard of a big storm in south san diego with hail?

That happens a lot here, too.

not sure if I heard of a big storm in south san diego with hail?

Bill, there is a low spinning off Baja that may move north into California tomorrow; maybe a little thundershower!

Dense fog again this morning including the LA Basin; too shallow to reach foothills\ valleys.

That is some serious coastal variation. Wild winds with it?

Tyrone

I experienced this last year the day BS man and Matty B and i went to Gary levines place on a very warm sunny afternoon it was at least 90 f (32c) at Garys and at Torrey pines golf course right on the coast at La Jolla it was overcast and 68f 19 c ! :mrlooney:

I found out the place I always called La Jolla is pronounced La Hoya, like the plant. San Jose is pronounced San hoesay so when I visit the USA I will going in Hune and Huyi.

Peachy

Jeck, jow wey llou've yearned Cayifornia pronunciacion!

Peachy. :D

oh yeah Tyrone, generally with our fog, there is NO wind, very still