Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Stark Differences within Micro-Climates

11 posts in this topic

Today was an excellent example of how micro-climates produce radically different conditions. The immediate coastline of Los Angeles was shrouded in low fog all day yet inland a short distance it was sunny and somewhat hot. Maximum temps today: Getty Center [89F\ 31.6C] and Santa Monica Pier [59F\ 15C]; that's a difference of 30 degrees in less than 3 miles! :wacko: Cold water well offshore create these remarkable contrasts between the beaches and just a few miles inland.

92F\ 33.3C at my house 20 miles inland.

Oh, yeah, in California, it's like, well, gnarly . . .

More or less a fog bank at my house all day. When heard a report of Sun inland, I was actually a bit sceptical it was so thick at times...

I experienced this last year the day BS man and Matty B and i went to Gary levines place on a very warm sunny afternoon it was at least 90 f (32c) at Garys and at Torrey pines golf course right on the coast at La Jolla it was overcast and 68f 19 c ! :mrlooney:

not sure if I heard of a big storm in south san diego with hail?

That happens a lot here, too.

not sure if I heard of a big storm in south san diego with hail?

Bill, there is a low spinning off Baja that may move north into California tomorrow; maybe a little thundershower!

Dense fog again this morning including the LA Basin; too shallow to reach foothills\ valleys.

That is some serious coastal variation. Wild winds with it?

Tyrone

I experienced this last year the day BS man and Matty B and i went to Gary levines place on a very warm sunny afternoon it was at least 90 f (32c) at Garys and at Torrey pines golf course right on the coast at La Jolla it was overcast and 68f 19 c ! :mrlooney:

I found out the place I always called La Jolla is pronounced La Hoya, like the plant. San Jose is pronounced San hoesay so when I visit the USA I will going in Hune and Huyi.

Peachy

Jeck, jow wey llou've yearned Cayifornia pronunciacion!

Peachy. :D

oh yeah Tyrone, generally with our fog, there is NO wind, very still