IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT ABOUT LOGGING IN ×
  • WELCOME GUEST

It looks as if you are viewing PalmTalk as an unregistered Guest.

Please consider registering so as to take better advantage of our vast knowledge base and friendly community.  By registering you will gain access to many features - among them are our powerful Search feature, the ability to Private Message other Users, and be able to post and/or answer questions from all over the world. It is completely free, no “catches,” and you will have complete control over how you wish to use this site.

PalmTalk is sponsored by the International Palm Society. - an organization dedicated to learning everything about and enjoying palm trees (and their companion plants) while conserving endangered palm species and habitat worldwide. Please take the time to know us all better and register.

guest Renda04.jpg

Wholesale Palm Nursery in Rainbow/Fallbrook, CA

JasonD

There's an open house sale this weekend (10/22 & 10/23/2011) at East West Trees, located at 2417 Rainbow Valley Blvd, in Rainbow Valley, Fallbrook, California. East West Trees is a wholesale palm grower and prices will be wholesale. Wear your boots. We are Palm Society members and welcome members and Palm Talk participants.

The hours will be from 7:30am to 3pm on Saturday, October 22, and 9am to 12pm (possibly later), on Sunday, October 23.

I'm attaching an available species list. Lots of palms, succulents, and other subtropicals.

EWT_Availability.pdf

You can also see photos of our facility at flickr.com/ewtrees. A small number of species on this list (such as Ceroxylon species) are only at our San Francisco facility, Flora Grubb Gardens. There is no sale this weekend at Flora Grubb Gardens.

From points south (San Diego, Oceanside, Escondido):

Take I-15 north and get off at exit 51, toward Mission Rd., Fallbrook.

Turn right toward Old Highway 395, then turn left onto Old 395/frontage road.

Turn right onto Rainbow Valley Blvd. You will pass our specimen yard on the right but keep going. Stay with Rainbow Valley Blvd. as it veers left about a mile after your turn from Old Hwy 395.

Look for lots of boxed palms and the East West Trees banner on the fence on the left. Take the left turn slowly and proceed to the trailer office.

From points north (Temecula, Riverside, Los Angeles, San Bernardino):

Take I-15 south past Murrieta & Temecula.

Take exit 54 and turn left at the stop sign, crossing the freeway on Rainbow Valley Blvd West.

Continue to a "T" intersection and turn right on Rainbow Valley Blvd. Look for East West Trees banner on the right and turn into the driveway with care.

Continue straight to the trailer office.

Contacts on site: Peter Doljanin 951-515-8627, Bill Remmer 951-377-3532, or Court Blackburn 760-419-3071.

Thanks very much.

-Jason Dewees

Jason Dewees

Inner Sunset District

San Francisco, California

Sunset zone 17

USDA zone 10a

21 inches / 530mm annual rainfall, mostly October to April

Humidity averages 60 to 85 percent year-round.

Summer: 67F/55F | 19C/12C

Winter: 56F/44F | 13C/6C

40-year extremes: 96F/26F | 35.5C/-3.8C

• 2 months later...

Jason's original post may have been ambiguous to some; the Fallbrook facility is primarily wholesale production. His post was to invite the public for THAT weekend last October.

San Francisco, California

• 3 weeks later...

wow, i had posted a couple of replies to this topic a few weeks ago and they have been deleted.

Mod Edit: As you have already done, the place to share your experiences with a grower is in the Grower Ratings, not in their sales notice.

"I'm not crazy. It's not knowing what I don't know that drives me insane"

Patrick

pfancy01@gmail.com