• Announcements

• IPS BIENNIAL - SARAWAK / SINGAPORE JUNE 12-19   01/23/2016

STILL TIME TO REGISTER!!
      Don't miss this opportunity to hike through natural forest areas of Borneo to see palms in habitat led by expert guides. Experience the culture and cuisine of this exotic Southeast Asian country with fellow IPS travelers.
      In Singapore you'll experience the world's largest covered garden, Gardens by the Bay, and tour the venerable Singapore Botanic Garden. 
      You must be an IPS member to register, so sign up today. For more information click HERE (For more info of past biennials and member experiences see the BIENNIAL FORUM on Palmtalk.)   One of the exotic palms of Borneo
    • NEW FORUM - PALMS IN POTS   01/23/2016

CHECK IT OUT BELOW I think it is self explanatory - it's right below the COLD HARDY PALMS FORUM.

Worst Flooding in Thailand

9 posts in this topic

I felt drawn to look at every photo. The people look so calm and accepting of the desperate situation. I hope the waters will recede soon and they can begin to recover.

It is really the worst flooding in many years. Bangkok is now on the verge of being under water in any minute. We are still fighting so the water will not come into the city. sad.gif

This year must be the year for flooding.... first Australia, now Thailand. I hope the rain will stop and the water recedes soon :(

Regards, Ari

I heard about it on the news but I just cant watch any of it. I'm still slightly traumatized after watching my own house go under water in january. The poor of Bangkok live in such rickety looking houses I fear the death toll will be high. All we can do is pray and hope that they will be alright.

Peachy

I know something like this has to be very traumatic for anyone to go through, but I can't help but notice how calm if not resilient these people seem. Picture #32 that shows several people apparently enjoying a television program while sitting in their flooded home just blows me away.

i just saw a story on this in the local newspaper & it said the center of the city is dry & eerily quiet.

Bangkok's old airport, Don Muang, which is used for limited domestic flights have been closed for several days now. Here's a YouTube video showing what the airport looks like. Bad news, but good that they got the new airport up and running!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v2_D-hezg7k

There should be absolutely no problems from the flooding in Bangkok late last year. I spent 5 days in the city at the end of February 2012 and so no evidence of the flooding or any disruptions.