IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT ABOUT LOGGING IN ×
  • WELCOME GUEST

It looks as if you are viewing PalmTalk as an unregistered Guest.

Please consider registering so as to take better advantage of our vast knowledge base and friendly community.  By registering you will gain access to many features - among them are our powerful Search feature, the ability to Private Message other Users, and be able to post and/or answer questions from all over the world. It is completely free, no “catches,” and you will have complete control over how you wish to use this site.

PalmTalk is sponsored by the International Palm Society. - an organization dedicated to learning everything about and enjoying palm trees (and their companion plants) while conserving endangered palm species and habitat worldwide. Please take the time to know us all better and register.

guest Renda04.jpg

ipad

CardiffPalmNut

Anybody else using an ipad to browse or post?? I have never been able to post photos, but up until a few days ago I could post comments and send Pm's, that no longer works? Anybody else?

Aloha!

Always looking for "Palms of Paradise"

Cardiff by the Sea 10b 1/2

1/2 mile from the Blue Pacific

Nothing has changed on this end. I can't think of any reason why you shouldn't be able to post. Is it restricted to PalmTalk - try posting to other forums? Are you sure you are logged in?

But upgrading and configuring for the new mobile apps is something that I had in mind when talking about the measures needed for making improvements with the platform.

Thanks to those of you who help make this a fun and friendly forum.

Seems to be to palm talk only Dean, when I tap on the "comments box" it jumps out and kills Safari. I tried rolling back to an older ios but same thing. iSO 5 is supposed to be out tomorrow, I will try again after that update and let you know. On another note - I really think that being able to post from smart phones and tablets will drive more traffic to PT and some good "on the fly" content as well. When will you know of the "support level" that the BOD is going to provide to PT enhancements? You know for some of the PT-attics, a paid enhancement for mobile might be an option? If there is anything I can do to help, please let me know.

Mahalo,

Bill

Aloha!

Bill,

I'm posting from my iPhone right now. So must be something on your end.

Posting photos and other mobile upgrades is dependent on the mobile OS and on the forum software developers. There are some options available, but I don't see any reason to do the research until I know if it would be a viable option.

animated-volcano-image-0010.gif.71ccc48bfc1ec622a0adca187eabaaa4.gif

Kona, on The Big Island
Hawaii - Land of Volcanoes

YES! I am having this problem too. The only way I can post now from my iPad is to switch from full site to ip board mobil. It used to work up until Saturday . As far as posting pics I have never been able to do that on my iPad or iPhone...but I am having the problem of using the full site mode and when I post it kills safari. I thought I was the only one.

"it's not dead it's sleeping"

Santee ca, zone10a/9b

18 miles from the ocean

avg. winter 68/40.avg summer 88/64.records 113/25

Have you guys tried another browser? Have you cleared your cache lately?

Posting photos will never be possible on IPad/Phone until the OS allows browsing to a folder for attachments. Or Invision writes another uploading method that will recognize the iOS. And they may have already done so. If I get the go ahead for the requested upgrades, we'll see.

On iPad I can only use safari. I just cleared my cookies, history, and caches then did a hard reset on my iPad. Still no luck posting in full site mode only can I post in mobil mode. As of last week I was posting fine in full site mode. I wonder if apple did something with safari or maybe mr. Cardiffpalmnut and I are both doing something wrong. Seems odd that both of us are having the same issue though..

Santee ca, zone10a/9b

18 miles from the ocean

iPad crashes in ip board but when I use my iPhone in full site mode I can post fine. Maybe it's just an iPad problem?

Santee ca, zone10a/9b

18 miles from the ocean

I posting with Classic Blue!

Just finished uploading iOS 5

Aloha!

I'm back baby. Update to iOS 5 fixed it.

Santee ca, zone10a/9b

18 miles from the ocean

Its the only way to Fly

Aloha!

• 4 months later...

can't post photos With my iPad 2 , It has the update, is anyone else experiencing this?

I just got my hands on an iPad 2, and can confirm that the feature to attach files is not functional. Invision (the designers of this forum software) released an app for iPhones and iPads 2 weeks ago. And then it had to be taken down after numerous issues surfaced.

It appears as if making all of the various mobile platforms fully integrated and operational will be a difficult task for the developers. The Apple mobile platform is different than Android. And the Windows Phone and Blackberry are different as well. They do not interface with the forum software in the exact same manner as the "standard" browsers. In addition, there are different versions of the Android OS for different phones. And each time Apple or Android releases a new version, it may or may not require a patch to the forum software. It appears that there are other issues with all of the different screen resolutions on the new tablets and smart phones as well.

Never the less, Invision is working on an Android app and have promised a re-release of the Apple app shortly. They do not anticipate a Blackberry app, and are on the fence about a Windows app. I will update and notify everyone when any workable solutions for mobile functionality become available.

1331677991' post=517803]

1331441590' post=517274]

can't post photos With my iPad 2 , It has the update, is anyone else experiencing this?

I just got my hands on an iPad 2, and can confirm that the feature to attach files is not functional. Invision (the designers of this forum software) released an app for iPhones and iPads 2 weeks ago. And then it had to be taken down after numerous issues surfaced.

It appears as if making all of the various mobile platforms fully integrated and operational will be a difficult task for the developers. The Apple mobile platform is different than Android. And the Windows Phone and Blackberry are different as well. They do not interface with the forum software in the exact same manner as the "standard" browsers. In addition, there are different versions of the Android OS for different phones. And each time Apple or Android releases a new version, it may or may not require a patch to the forum software. It appears that there are other issues with all of the different screen resolutions on the new tablets and smart phones as well.

Never the less, Invision is working on an Android app and have promised a re-release of the Apple app shortly. They do not anticipate a Blackberry app, and are on the fence about a Windows app. I will update and notify everyone when any workable solutions for mobile functionality become available.

Thanks for the info, and hope they can fix it soon!