IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT ABOUT LOGGING IN ×
  • WELCOME GUEST

It looks as if you are viewing PalmTalk as an unregistered Guest.

Please consider registering so as to take better advantage of our vast knowledge base and friendly community.  By registering you will gain access to many features - among them are our powerful Search feature, the ability to Private Message other Users, and be able to post and/or answer questions from all over the world. It is completely free, no “catches,” and you will have complete control over how you wish to use this site.

PalmTalk is sponsored by the International Palm Society. - an organization dedicated to learning everything about and enjoying palm trees (and their companion plants) while conserving endangered palm species and habitat worldwide. Please take the time to know us all better and register.

guest Renda04.jpg

Floribunda palms

edbrown_III

I placed an order several months ago with Jeff Marcus--- this is a bit of a testimonial to his good operations for the local buyers. ----

Its easy to praise good service but the real proof of good service is when things go a wrye.

The order involved some rare C. tuerkheimmi which are very fragile and summer is hot and unforgiving in FL. UPS totally botched the order mixed up it up with another order thatn they coluld deliver. Before I even realized things were screwed up I got a panicked phone class from Jeff. He called me three times to make certain it was right--- He also called UPs countless times to ensure they kept it in the office where it was air conditioned. The temperature in Jax suddenly went up to over 100F

I was waitng for delivery and the call as they had my cell. they never called but delivered the package out in the sun while i was waiting for it in the house and didnt hear the truck it sat for about 20 min. but I retrieved it. I was pretty unset and bit terse with Jeff --- but he had done everything above and beyond to ensure survival of the very important package.

I looked at the potted up order this morning --- all the Cham tuerkheimii's are flourishing as well as the rest of the order.

His conscienciousness saved the day --- I wasnt a big client just a small piddler that buys a few hunderd dollars of plants every odd year ---but his conscientous ensured the order got there and was in great condition.

Best regards

Ed

Jeff and Suchin are an asset to this hobby and business... :)

Zone 10a at best after 2007 AND 2013, on SW facing hill, 1 1/2 miles from coast in Oceanside, CA. 30-98 degrees, and 45-80deg. about 95% of the time.

"The great workman of nature is time."   ,  "Genius is nothing but a great aptitude for patience."

-George-Louis Leclerc de Buffon-

I do some experiments and learning in my garden with palms so you don't have to experience the pain! Look at my old threads to find various observations and tips!

• 2 weeks later...

Jeff and Suchin are an asset to this hobby and business... :)

DITTO!

Aloha!

Always looking for "Palms of Paradise"

Cardiff by the Sea 10b 1/2

1/2 mile from the Blue Pacific

I place an order with Jeff every year. One year there was a cold front moving through memphis so he held shipping the plants until the front had moved through. Not only does he grow top notch plants but he makes sure they have every chance possible of making it to their destination. There is no doubt that he is passionate about his plants. Service is what will set him apart in this tough economy.

With a tin cup for a chalice

Fill it up with good red wine,

And I'm-a chewin' on a honeysuckle vine.

• 10 months later...

I placed a small order with Jeff. The service, including the turn around time, preparation of plants for shipment, the quality of palms, and personal service were all outstanding. So DITTO!

• 2 months later...