IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT ABOUT LOGGING IN ×
  • WELCOME GUEST

It looks as if you are viewing PalmTalk as an unregistered Guest.

Please consider registering so as to take better advantage of our vast knowledge base and friendly community.  By registering you will gain access to many features - among them are our powerful Search feature, the ability to Private Message other Users, and be able to post and/or answer questions from all over the world. It is completely free, no “catches,” and you will have complete control over how you wish to use this site.

PalmTalk is sponsored by the International Palm Society. - an organization dedicated to learning everything about and enjoying palm trees (and their companion plants) while conserving endangered palm species and habitat worldwide. Please take the time to know us all better and register.

guest Renda04.jpg

separate geographical posts in "PALM EXCHANGE".

Mandrew968

Often, I search the palm exchange section. Many times I see people are let down by finding that what they want is on the opposite coast! Maybe this is too complex, but maybe not... How about a section for Southern California, a section for posting just in South Florida, and international add section, and an all encompassing one. This would not only make shopping and selling easier, but also not such a let-down. :)

so you want to isolate us all even more?

i dont like it. i dont like it one bit.

188139_119813644697723_7698206_n.jpg

the "prince of snarkness."

still "warning-free."

san diego,california,left coast.

Nice Avatar Paul!!!

Zone 10a at best after 2007 AND 2013, on SW facing hill, 1 1/2 miles from coast in Oceanside, CA. 30-98 degrees, and 45-80deg. about 95% of the time.

"The great workman of nature is time."   ,  "Genius is nothing but a great aptitude for patience."

-George-Louis Leclerc de Buffon-

I do some experiments and learning in my garden with palms so you don't have to experience the pain! Look at my old threads to find various observations and tips!

Oh Yeah. I kinda like seeing the palms I can't get too far from me. Makes me start thinking how I can do it anyway... :)

Zone 10a at best after 2007 AND 2013, on SW facing hill, 1 1/2 miles from coast in Oceanside, CA. 30-98 degrees, and 45-80deg. about 95% of the time.

"The great workman of nature is time."   ,  "Genius is nothing but a great aptitude for patience."

-George-Louis Leclerc de Buffon-

I do some experiments and learning in my garden with palms so you don't have to experience the pain! Look at my old threads to find various observations and tips!

you can still look at the adds, you will just know where the sellers are located before you do. Craigslist does this, why can't we?

There aren't that many new ads - so I think it would only make sense for sellers to post "no shipping" - it's nice to keep updated on current pricing ranges, etc, even if you cannot / don't want to buy the plant, as well as see the photos. I don't see anything wrong with how it is now.

There aren't that many new ads - so I think it would only make sense for sellers to post "no shipping" - it's nice to keep updated on current pricing ranges, etc, even if you cannot / don't want to buy the plant, as well as see the photos. I don't see anything wrong with how it is now.

Jude, it's not about "anything wrong with how it is", it's about improving the site, and what are you even talking about with keeping updated on price ranges? This wouldn't keep you from viewing anything. Besides, California prices have nothing to do with South Florida prices, or even boston palm prices--if there is such a thing. All I'm talking about is a more precise forum to place one's adds in.

What I meant was, instead of seeing all the ads in one place, we will now have to click on each geographical range, to see those ads - I, for one, am a fan of fewer steps / hoops, to get access to (X) But of course, that is just me.

I, too, am all for improving this site, so if the powers that be, deem this an improvement, then so be it.

Nice Avatar Paul!!!

thank you BS man. :)

WOW!!! how many points is bizzie worth???

"it's not dead it's sleeping"

Santee ca, zone10a/9b

18 miles from the ocean

avg. winter 68/40.avg summer 88/64.records 113/25

I could possibly see one section for items that can be shipped, and one for local pickup only - with sellers posting their location in the area already provided. But how many "topics" would you want - by city, by state, by country, by continent - So. Florida, No. Florida, Brisbane, Darwin, Spain, Portugal??? Is it really that much of a inconvenience to read the ad?

Maybe Bill, the For Sale Moderator, can chime in.

Thanks to those of you who help make this a fun and friendly forum.

How could you forget Hawaii? :lol:

Leilani Estates, 25 mls/40 km south of Hilo, Big Island of Hawai'i. Elevation 880 ft/270 m. Average rainfall 140 inches/3550 mm

I could possibly see one section for items that can be shipped, and one for local pickup only - with sellers posting their location in the area already provided. But how many "topics" would you want - by city, by state, by country, by continent - So. Florida, No. Florida, Brisbane, Darwin, Spain, Portugal??? Is it really that much of a inconvenience to read the ad?

I can understand how this could get complicated, but it doesn't have to be--for me craigslist is more user-friendly. I was just thinking maybe we could adopt a system that's similar to that one. Shipping and no shipping sections is at least a start.

Well, separating it into "Shipping and No Shipping" sounds like a sneaky way to tell everyone who is lazy, and who isn't (packing/shipping) - Ha Ha!

I want it broken down by zip code :D

-Randy

"If you need me, I'll be outside" -Randy Wiesner Palm Beach County, Florida Zone 10Bish

• 3 weeks later...

Doesn't seem broken now, all you really have to do is look where the posting party is.

Aloha!

Always looking for "Palms of Paradise"

Cardiff by the Sea 10b 1/2

1/2 mile from the Blue Pacific

I would like someone to look at the for sale forum, decide what I want, buy it for me, and then I'll plant it....or maybe I'll have them plant it too. You know what, I'm just gonna move out and they can have my life.

Matt Bradford

"Manambe Lavaka"

Spring Valley, CA (8.5 miles inland from San Diego Bay)

10B on the hill (635 ft. elevation)

9B in the canyon (520 ft. elevation)

Doesn't seem broken now, all you really have to do is look where the posting party is.

Or the seller can supply the info in the Topic Title or Topic Description if they wish to be "user friendly."

Keep in mind this is Forum Software, not intended for commerce. We make due with it as is - as a courtesy and a help to IPS members wishing to sell. To adopt a platform like Craig's list would mean developing an entirely different platform. Setting up Craig's List probably cost tens of thousands of dollars - not to mention the maintenance and supervision/moderating.

Thanks to those of you who help make this a fun and friendly forum.