• WELCOME GUEST

It looks as if you are viewing PalmTalk as an unregistered Guest.

Please consider registering so as to take better advantage of our vast knowledge base and friendly community.  By registering you will gain access to many features - among them are our powerful Search feature, the ability to Private Message other Users, and be able to post and/or answer questions from all over the world. It is completely free, no “catches,” and you will have complete control over how you wish to use this site.

PalmTalk is sponsored by the International Palm Society. - an organization dedicated to learning everything about and enjoying palm trees (and their companion plants) while conserving endangered palm species and habitat worldwide. Please take the time to know us all better and register.

guest Renda04.jpg

FREEEEEEE XBUTYAGRUS SEED. FREEEEE

ErikSJI

Send me a message with your information Santoury. Not to happy that they will be stuck in a garage most of there life and not be able to grow in its proper zone. They really do not make good indoor palms.

Sent you a PM - You know what - it's great that you really care about these, and want them to do well - so I'm open to suggestions you may have for improving my conditions for these seeds. Best, Jude

Sent you a PM - You know what - it's great that you really care about these, and want them to do well - so I'm open to suggestions you may have for improving my conditions for these seeds. Best, Jude

what do you do with your palms once they get to big for your plant room? mules get very big fairly fast, under uv lights no doubt they will be slower. but im just curious what the paln of action will be? i know you sell plants but i would imagine in the north east the demand for large palm trees would be next to zero.

"it's not dead it's sleeping"

Santee ca, zone10a/9b

18 miles from the ocean

avg. winter 68/40.avg summer 88/64.records 113/25

My suggestion would be to move to Zone 8A or above. They are borderline at zone 8A even.

Germinating these with bottom heat between 87F to 97F. Usually they take 3 months by this method. If you use the baggy method or no heat you could be waiting up to 6 months. Do not throw away your seeds. I have had them germinate up to 3 years out.

When they are seedlings do not overwater. They like to go dry in between watering.

Best Regards

Erik

PM sent

All right Nevada. We have a few large Mule Palms that came from us growing in Las Vegas.

I have no nursery, but i take excelent care of all my seeds and seedlings! :winkie:

Rafael send me your info. Your the last batch I am going to send out for free.

Thanks.

Erik

All right thank you everyone that is participating. By the way this is the first time on this thread that I am going to plug this. Enjoy your seed from Mule Palm Nursery. Mark Lynn and I worked hard on these all summer.

So here are some of the states and countries that were involved and would love to see your progress on them and look forward to seeing these palms in your area.

Oregon

California

Arizona

Nevada

Mass.

Florida

Georgia

Louisiana

Texas

Italy

Spain

Croatia

U.K.

Ireland

France

Netherlands

Fiji

Israel

I am sure I am missing a few. Enjoy. This Free seed offer has ended.

Best Regards

Erik

There was no specified time limit on the offer so it will need to go on forever. Please send free seed to friend on north pole. Shipping is about $321 USD.

Len

Vista, CA (Zone 10a)

Shadowridge Area

"Show me your garden and I shall tell you what you are."

-- Alfred Austin

Sorry forgot about New Zealand, Australia, and Georgia.

We are packaging everything up now. Some have will be receiving there seeds soon. Others will be about a week.

Thank you

There was no specified time limit on the offer so it will need to go on forever. Please send free seed to friend on north pole. Shipping is about $321 USD.

Ohhhhh chilly. We have another batch coming in a few weeks. It may be better just to send them with the fruit on them so they have something to eat there at the North Pole.

Or you can wait for Santoury's to germinate as they will all ready be hardened off in the nice cool garage in MA. And he can ship them to the North Pole.

I have no nursery, but i take excelent care of all my seeds and seedlings! :winkie:

Rafael send me your info. Your the last batch I am going to send out for free.

Thanks.

Erik

PM sent!

Thanks Erik!

Erik I do not have a nursery, but one of my best friends have a nursery,

we have become friends because I was always in the nursery!

Send me his information....

Erik please: you remember my friend

• Upvote 1

GIUSEPPE

Yes I have his information. He will be taken care of.

Yes I have his information. He will be taken care of.

ok thank Erik

• Upvote 1

GIUSEPPE

• 2 weeks later...

Or you can wait for Santoury's to germinate as they will all ready be hardened off in the nice cool garage in MA. And he can ship them to the North Pole.

:violin::floor:

Ok. I have the first group out. Just harvested some more August 25th and I am ready for some more orders for some free Xbutyagrus seed. If I do not get back with you in a few days on this post you can leave a message here or contact me directly at sales@mulepalm.com

I would really like to see some members from Louisiana, Mississippi, Georgia, Texas, Las Vegas, Arizona.

Your welcome Jeff. I still have more if anyone else is interested. Please keep me posted if you have not received your seeds yet.

Thanks

Hi,

Haven't gotten mine yet. That was only 8 days ago - so it may be a couple days yet.

Thanks!

I had not sent yours out yet Jude. Thanks for reminding me.

Kitty. I got your message and will be sending yours out soon. Rafael I will check on your shipment.

Kitty. I got your message and will be sending yours out soon. Rafael I will check on your shipment.

please Erik you control also my ,thanks

• Upvote 1

GIUSEPPE

Erik,

Thanks so much!

Palmmermaid

Kitty Philips

West Palm Beach, FL

Ok then Erik! Thank you very much!

• 2 weeks later...

Rafeal, Jude. You should be getting your seeds within the next week. I have been out of town on for the last week. I apologize for the delay.

Best Regards

Erik

please Erik you control also my ,thanks

• Upvote 1

GIUSEPPE

Erik,

Got my vacuum packed seeds and they are in the pots ready to sprout.

Thanks so much for sending them.

Palmmermaid

Kitty Philips

West Palm Beach, FL

Erik,

Got my vacuum packed seeds and they are in the pots ready to sprout.

Thanks so much for sending them.

Happy Germinating.

Hey there

Got them - thank you very much! I'm very impressed with your packaging and vacuum sealing - top notch.

I'll certainly post any progress!

Just wondering the specifics of the parentage?

Best, Jude