• WELCOME GUEST

It looks as if you are viewing PalmTalk as an unregistered Guest.

Please consider registering so as to take better advantage of our vast knowledge base and friendly community.  By registering you will gain access to many features - among them are our powerful Search feature, the ability to Private Message other Users, and be able to post and/or answer questions from all over the world. It is completely free, no “catches,” and you will have complete control over how you wish to use this site.

PalmTalk is sponsored by the International Palm Society. - an organization dedicated to learning everything about and enjoying palm trees (and their companion plants) while conserving endangered palm species and habitat worldwide. Please take the time to know us all better and register.

guest Renda04.jpg

FREEEEEEE XBUTYAGRUS SEED. FREEEEE

ErikSJI

I would like to do a little promotion. So I am giving my xbutyagrus F1 seed away. This offer is only good to certified nurseries or growers. This offer is also good for overseas nurseries as well.

Why am I doing this?

1. I would like to send these to certified growers and nurseries who are experienced so I can average out there germination rates for this hybrid.

2. I would like to show you that you will get all Butyagrus from this seed. No Butias No guessing game.

3. And of course I would like your future business.

The catch.

You have to be interested in selling this hybrid or other butia hybrids at your nursery.

You have to report your germination rates.

You have to show your photos of the process in this thread.

The first ones to respond get 100 F1 xbutyagrus seed while supplies last.

Let the germination games begin.

I would like to do a little promotion. So I am giving my xbutyagrus F1 seed away. This offer is only good to certified nurseries or growers. This offer is also good for overseas nurseries as well.

Why am I doing this?

1. I would like to send these to certified growers and nurseries who are experienced so I can average out there germination rates for this hybrid.

2. I would like to show you that you will get all Butyagrus from this seed. No Butias No guessing game.

The catch.

You have to be interested in selling this hybrid or other butia hybrids at your nursery.

I'm in, Thanks, Ed

MOSQUITO LAGOON

Oak_Hill.gif

I'm in, as well - and as per your previous post, I'm sending you my info / nursery name.

Thanks! This is exciting - and will take pics from day one!

I'm in, as well - and as per your previous post, I'm sending you my info / nursery name.

Thanks! This is exciting - and will take pics from day one!

Sorry Santoury I need certified nurseries in zone 8 and above where the palms have a chance of survival after they are germinated. I should have made that clear. My apologies.

Thank you for the clarification. I am certified, but obviously am not in Zone 8. Not to mention that Palms certainly do survive indoors after they germinate.

I have no nursery, but i take excelent care of all my seeds and seedlings! :winkie:

From reading your posts Rafael I have no doubt you would take excellent care of the seedlings. Maybe you can contact a nursery in your area and tell them of the promotion and do the testing for them.

I have no nursery, but i take excelent care of all my seeds and seedlings! :winkie:

From reading your posts Rafael I have no doubt you would take excellent care of the seedlings. Maybe you can contact a nursery in your area and tell them of the promotion and do the testing for them.

Thanks Ed, for kind words and suggestion, i will try to contact the nursery. :)

I am a certified nursery in Loxahatchee and can meet all of your qualifications.

Betty

There is always enough room for another palm!

I am a certified nursery in Loxahatchee and can meet all of your qualifications.

:greenthumb: Shipping your seeds out on Monday. Please keep me updated on this thread with germination rates and photos. Thank you.

Erik

I'd be happy to take you up on your offer. Thank you, David

David I am honored. You had asked me for a sample years ago and I was unwilling at the time.

Please message me with your address and keep us updated on germination rates and photos.

I will ship your seeds out on Monday.

Thank you

Erik

This is looking good. So far I have 2 from Florida, 1 from California, 1 from Texas, 1 from Thailand, 1 from New Zealand, and hopefully Peachy will post from Australia. I would like some more people from overseas to join in...

How about someone from Hawaii. I want to see a few of these there. Lets see how they do.

Nice gesture and nice promotion!

:greenthumb:

Thank you. I am hoping the xbutyagrus does well in Croatia as well.

Erik I do not have a nursery, but one of my best friends have a nursery,

we have become friends because I was always in the nursery!

• Upvote 1

GIUSEPPE

Why am I doing this?

The catch.

Ti ho inviato PM fammi sapere ciao Nico

Nice gesture and nice promotion!

Thank you. I am hoping the xbutyagrus does well in Croatia as well.

I ll keep U updated.

Erik I do not have a nursery, but one of my best friends have a nursery,

we have become friends because I was always in the nursery!

Send me his information....

According to Moderator he says he will be shutting this post down? Maybe you can ask him why. I will post the message he sent me. As well as my reply. I guess the good ole boy club or those that sell snake oil are not in agreement to me giving my product away for photos and germination rates even though I am a paying member.

If this post gets lost please message me for your free seed and we can continue your germination results in another thread..

According to Moderator he says he will be shutting this post down? Maybe you can ask him why. I will post the message he sent me. As well as my reply. I guess the good ole boy club or those that sell snake oil are not in agreement to me giving my product away for photos and germination rates even though I am a paying member.

If this post gets lost please message me for your free seed and we can continue your germination results in another thread..

Please quote the section in my PM to you (note the "P" stands for "private"), that says I will be shutting this topic down. I did suggest it would be better placed in the Trade section, since it wasn't really free. But "shut it down?" - No. As you even said there was a "catch." You expected something in return - a trade.

Before I did anything more, I had asked you two questions in my PM, and was waiting for your answers (privately) before acting on any of the complaints I have been receiving about you. But based on your PM reply, and your reaction here, you are not interested in working this out privately and reasonably. Please correct me if I am wrong.

Thanks to those of you who help make this a fun and friendly forum.

Please quote the section in my PM to you (note the "P" stands for "private"), that says I will be shutting this topic down. I did suggest it would be better placed in the Trade section, since it wasn't really free. As you even said there was a "catch." You expected something in return - a trade.

Before I did anything more, I had asked you two questions in my PM, and was waiting for your answers (privately) before acting on any of the complaints I have been receiving about you. But based on your PM reply, and your reaction here, you are not interested in working this out privately and reasonably. Please correct me if I am wrong.

Sweet. I noticed how quickly that got back to you. After I posted in chat. Thanks buddy. Catch.. Wow I need photos and germination rates. That is not much of a catch so it can still clearly be placed under free. Private? Absolutely not when I have people messaging you telling me I am doing something wrong. I would prefer these people come out and say it. This is Palmtalk. I prefer having it out in the open Mod. As I am violating no Rules.

Sweet. I noticed how quickly that got back to you. After I posted in chat. Thanks buddy. Catch.. Wow I need photos and germination rates. That is not much of a catch so it can still clearly be placed under free. Private? Absolutely not when I have people messaging you telling me I am doing something wrong. I would prefer these people come out and say it. This is Palmtalk. I prefer having it out in the open Mod. As I am violating no Rules.

Sorry,

I have no idea what you are talking about. But I'll ask some of the guys in Chat.

You are not making many points here. The only rule you have officially broken is posting items for sale, trade, or free in the Main Forum. I contacted you with hope for some cooperation in finding out if the accusations that you were breaking any additional rules, such as the prohibition against third party advertising, were true. But the only accusation I can confirm so far is that you do come across as an overbearing promotional hothead.

I think its time for you to take a deep breath and decide whether you want to fit in around here, or join the Stumpheads.

• Upvote 1

I think that Erik is not doing anything wrong, every person is free to buy wherever he wants,

also other people of this Foruno hybridizing trees to sell

is post pictures in this forum ( Butia x jubaea) x Syagrus, Butia x parajubaea .......

PALM MOD : but the final decision is your

• Upvote 1

GIUSEPPE

I am not saying that what Erik is offering is not fair, but the Palm Moderator is right in that Erik does want information and data, in return for his 'promotion'. Erik's seeds are free just like Tony Robbin's instructional videos are free--all you have to do is give away your email address(so they can, in turn, give it away to people who pay for them, so they can send you tons of junk mail). Erik, this is technically a trade. If I had a proper nursery, and you were not offering a hybrid with "Queen" in it, then I would be iterested as well, knowing that my part in this deal would be to give you accurate information as far as what you have asked for. That would be me completing my part in the deal. Just because the trade is not made simultaeniously, doesn't make it free.

I recall, also, the part where he wants us to be "willing to sell them" down the line - this just makes me think of trying to snag long-term buyers. It could be just me, but if they really are free, then post them in the free section. If you want photos, fine - but that's all you should really be asking for, otherwise too much is left to interpretation.

Nice work, Mod.

Sorry,

I have no idea what you are talking about. But I'll ask some of the guys in Chat.

You are not making many points here. The only rule you have officially broken is posting items for sale, trade, or free in the Main Forum. I contacted you with hope for some cooperation in finding out if the accusations that you were breaking any additional rules, such as the prohibition against third party advertising, were true. But the only accusation I can confirm so far is that you do come across as an overbearing promotional hothead.

I think its time for you to take a deep breath and decide whether you want to fit in around here, or join the Stumpheads.

The only Stumpheads here are the ones complaining about me giving away free seed. I am even paying for shipping. All I am requesting in return is there germination rates and some photos. And to observe this seed is true. I have all ready shipped many seeds to none nursery people as well and have asked the same from them. Asking for germination rates in return is not a promotional thing. It is an ethical thing. As I am sure will see later on some germination rates are going to be horrible how would that be promoting me? I am sure most seed companies would be out of business if you read the true germination rates on seed reviews.

If you think I am an overbearing promotional hot head for giving away my seed. So be it. However I think the unfounded accusations are inappropriate and maybe you should be addressing those who emailed you and tell them to pay more attention to there own business instead of concerning themselves about mine.

I recall, also, the part where he wants us to be "willing to sell them" down the line - this just makes me think of trying to snag long-term buyers. It could be just me, but if they really are free, then post them in the free section. If you want photos, fine - but that's all you should really be asking for, otherwise too much is left to interpretation.

Nice work, Mod.

Yes return business would be a nice thing. Nothing to interpret there.

The point here is not, nor has it ever been, if Erik can give away free seed. Anyone can give away free items, IPS Member or not.

The point is that he is not permitted to do so in the main "Discussing Palms" forum - so I deleted that topic when he placed a second duplicate offer there.

And another point is that the rules for the Freebie section clearly state in bold type "Under no circumstances will any schemes to make money be tolerated." It appears to me that the conditions he attached to his offer could be considered as a roundabout way to benefit monetarily. In fact he freely admits, in his own words, that one of the reasons for his offer is that he "would like your future business." And, "return business would be a nice thing." This is not what the "Freebie" or "Discussing Palms" sections were set up for.

So the issue isn't 'what' was posted, but 'where' it was posted. And despite what Erik has said, nothing was ever mentioned about deleting his offer, only moving it to the Trade section - since it was not truly a free offer, with no "schemes" attached. It came with conditions and an ulterior motive to promote and to benefit monetarily. So I thought it was more appropriate for it to be moved to the Trade section. I never imagined it would make him so upset.

But it will not attract as much attention in "Trades" as it would have with an all caps "FREEEEEEEEEEEEE FREEEEEEEEEEEE" plastered across both the Freebie and Discussing Palms forums. So IMO, his true motive in posting this "free" offer, in that manner, was to promote his product. And again - the Freebie and Discussing Palms section were not set up as places for blatant self promotion. We have a place for that.

The point here is not, nor has it ever been, if Erik can give away free seed. Anyone can give away free items, IPS Member or not.

The point is that he is not permitted to do so in the main "Discussing Palms" forum - so I deleted that topic when he placed a second duplicate offer there.

And another point is that the rules for the Freebie section clearly state in bold type "Under no circumstances will any schemes to make money be tolerated." It appears to me that the conditions he attached to his offer could be considered as a roundabout way to benefit monetarily. In fact he freely admits, in his own words, that one of the reasons for his offer is that he "would like your future business." And, "return business would be a nice thing." This is not what the "Freebie" or "Discussing Palms" sections were set up for.

So the issue isn't 'what' was posted, but 'where' it was posted. And despite what Erik has said, nothing was ever mentioned about deleting his offer, only moving it to the Trade section - since it was not truly a free offer, with no "schemes" attached. It came with conditions and an ulterior motive to promote and to benefit monetarily. So I thought it was more appropriate for it to be moved to the Trade section. I never imagined it would make him so upset.

But it will not attract as much attention in "Trades" as it would have with an all caps "FREEEEEEEEEEEEE FREEEEEEEEEEEE" plastered across both the Freebie and Discussing Palms forums. So IMO, his true motive in posting this "free" offer, in that manner, was to promote his product. And again - the Freebie and Discussing Palms section were not set up as places for blatant self promotion. We have a place for that.

So your job would have been to just move the thread. That simple. FREEEEEEEE SEEED PEOPLE. Every post I see from now on in the Main forum that is promoting themselves to sell at a later date I expect you move that thread to trade. If you know they are the seller of such merhcandise that they are taking photos of to promote themselves for money regardless if it is a later date I expect it to be in here.

Actually that would probably have to go in the trade section as well for free seedlings as I would want to know how they are doing and feedback and such. So I guess they would not be free. However I may do that in the future and put them in the trade section and per the MODS request.

Ok. So this Free seed offers has caused a lot of concern. Because of certain stipulations it has been moved to the trade section. Because people complained that I asked for photos, germination rates, and your future business this was a mistake on my part apparently and is now considered a trade. I am sorry for my actions or what I may have said in public.

Now I have removed all stipulations. I do not need your photos, your germination rates etc. Now I request the Mod to return my post to the freebie section. Or I can start a new one if that is what he would request. I am getting great response and would like to see as many states, and countries involved as possible.

3 years ago when I came on this board I said I would make Hybrid palms affordable and that is just what I am doing.

For those of you that paid for seed just recently I will send you more so there is no hard feelings however this promotion was for nurseries and yes it was intended to promote Mule Palm Nursery and Yes this is the first time I even plugged the nursery name in this thread.

I am open to discussion as well and comments from old timers on how I can get better.

Best Regards

Erik

Ok. So this Free seed offers has caused a lot of concern. Because of certain stipulations it has been moved to the trade section. Because people complained that I asked for photos, germination rates, and your future business this was a mistake on my part apparently and is now considered a trade. I am sorry for my actions or what I may have said in public.

Now I have removed all stipulations. I do not need your photos, your germination rates etc. Now I request the Mod to return my post to the freebie section. Or I can start a new one if that is what he would request. I am getting great response and would like to see as many states, and countries involved as possible.

3 years ago when I came on this board I said I would make Hybrid palms affordable and that is just what I am doing.

For those of you that paid for seed just recently I will send you more so there is no hard feelings however this promotion was for nurseries and yes it was intended to promote Mule Palm Nursery and Yes this is the first time I even plugged the nursery name in this thread.

I am open to discussion as well and comments from old timers on how I can get better.

Best Regards

Erik

Erik,

Apparently after all of the PMs between us, you still don't get it. I did not initially approach you privately because of the stipulations in your free seed offer. It's not that big of a deal. That was only one of several guidelines and policies that you were beginning to abuse.

These included posting an offer in the main Discussing Palms section. It also included possible infringement of our no third party promotion rule. And as I explained, members were tiring of what were being perceived as increasing promotional references in posts when the opportunity presented itself. And with some recent comments and friction developing between you and other hybridizers, I tried to explain to you privately that we would appreciate it if you dialed the constant sales routine back a bit.

At the same time, I also cautioned any other parties to refrain from any public confrontations as well. But then, when you chose to escalate the matter by publicly spreading misleading information regarding what I was requesting of you, the total picture of a developing problem with you came into focus. I had been down that road before and recognized the sign posts. So that is where things are at this point. The fact that there were stipulations and conditions attached to your free seed offer is only a small piece of a bigger puzzle. The truth is, that without the contributing circumstances, I probably wouldn't of had much of an issue with your seed offer in the first place. We are not that rigid around here.

Start a new topic if you have free seeds, and remember the main Freebie rule - "Under no circumstances will any schemes to make money be tolerated."

And there is no need to carry on any more, and continue to profess how unfair all of this is. If you do, I will delete it and close this thread.

Best Regards

Erik

Erik,

Apparently after all of the PMs between us, you still don't get it. I did not initially approach you privately because of the stipulations in your free seed offer. It's not that big of a deal. That was only one of several guidelines and policies that you were beginning to abuse.

These included posting an offer in the main Discussing Palms section. It also included possible infringement of our no third party promotion rule. And as I explained, members were tiring of what were being perceived as increasing promotional references in posts when the opportunity presented itself. And with some recent comments and friction developing between you and other hybridizers, I tried to explain to you privately that we would appreciate it if you dialed the constant sales routine back a bit.

At the same time, I also cautioned any other parties to refrain from any public confrontations as well. But then, when you chose to escalate the matter by publicly spreading misleading information regarding what I was requesting of you, the total picture of a developing problem with you came into focus. I had been down that road before and recognized the sign posts. So that is where things are at this point. The fact that there were stipulations and conditions attached to your free seed offer is only a small piece of a bigger puzzle. The truth is, that without the contributing circumstances, I probably wouldn't of had much of an issue with your seed offer in the first place. We are not that rigid around here.

Start a new topic if you have free seeds, and remember the main Freebie rule - "Under no circumstances will any schemes to make money be tolerated."

And there is no need to carry on any more, and continue to profess how unfair all of this is. If you do, I will delete it and close this thread.

Thank you Mod.