IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT ABOUT LOGGING IN ×
  • WELCOME GUEST

It looks as if you are viewing PalmTalk as an unregistered Guest.

Please consider registering so as to take better advantage of our vast knowledge base and friendly community.  By registering you will gain access to many features - among them are our powerful Search feature, the ability to Private Message other Users, and be able to post and/or answer questions from all over the world. It is completely free, no “catches,” and you will have complete control over how you wish to use this site.

PalmTalk is sponsored by the International Palm Society. - an organization dedicated to learning everything about and enjoying palm trees (and their companion plants) while conserving endangered palm species and habitat worldwide. Please take the time to know us all better and register.

guest Renda04.jpg

Palm Beach Palm and Cycad Society Picnic

pdleft

The Palm Beach Palm and Cycad Society is inviting all palm & cycad enthusists to our annual picnic at Ruth's wonderful botanical homesite in Lantana. The picnic will be September 17. This would be a good time to get together with your fellow palmophiles and catch up on all of the news. We would like to invite all societies and since PACSOF doesn't seem to be planning anything soon, it would be a good time for us all to get together. The garden will open 9-10, lunch(covered dish) will be at 12:00 with our wonderful,amazing, gigantic auction around 1:00. We ask those who attend to bring a covered dish if possible and a donation for the auction, all types of plants are acceptable. Amazing bargins have been had at our past auctions and I can't wait for the next one. If you have any questions, email me at pdleft@bellsouth.net. More directions will follow.

Betty

There is always enough room for another palm!

If all of our Palm & Cycad friends from around the state were to come ,It

would be like a mini Palm Fest!!!!!!

Dale F. Holton

Hi Betty,

It sounds like a lot of fun and I will check my calendar to see if I can com.

You should put this announcement in the main discussion forum because I think it is important enough and a garden that does not get enough exposure. They are have a PRA on the west coast, we should announce this for us east coasters.

Geraldo

So many species,

so little time.

Coconut Creek, Florida

Zone 10b (Zone 11 except for once evey 10 or 20 years)

Last Freeze: 2011,50 Miles North of Fairchilds

This is my favorite event of the year, good people, good food, great garden and amazing auction.

Palm Beach Palm and Cycad Society Member (IPS Affiliate)

North Palm Beach

Here are some pictures from previous picnics

post-4967-024201300 1313520608_thumb.jpg

group tour

post-4967-061450200 1313520671_thumb.jpg

plant auction

post-4967-078158300 1313520685_thumb.jpg

Lunch

post-4967-028907000 1313520735_thumb.jpg

North Palm Beach

• 2 weeks later...

what is the address in Latana?

Best regards

Ed

Ed,

This is the information including the address, hope to see you there. I look forward all year for this event; it’s truly a great time!

I hope that everyone is making plans to join us at Ruth Sallenbach's fabulous garden in 2 weeks. The date will be September 17. Here are a few updates. The gate will be open at 8:30. Dale will lead a tour of the garden at 9:30. Lunch will be at 12:00 and the auction will start at 1:00. Bring a potluck dish and any type of plant for the auction. Plan on bringing a chair if you can. All members and non-members are welcome. The address is 6285 South Military Trail. (on the west side of Military Trail between Lantana Rd. and Hypoluxo Rd.) Call if you get lost. 561-722-8106 Come join us for the fun!

North Palm Beach

Sorry about that, I copied and pasted from another thread. Dale you always keep me on my toes. :D

North Palm Beach

Best regards

Ed

Nice meeting you all a the garden

Best regards

Ed

Ed,

It was nice meeting you. Did you get a chance to go by Dales place to see his collection?

Tom

North Palm Beach

Best regards

Ed

Nice meeting you all a the garden

Best regards

Ed

Sure did -- thanks for pushing me as I am a bit shy--- I enjoyed the good fellow ship and hospitality that you all provided -- I hoep to see you soon best wishes Ed

Ed,

It was nice meeting you. Did you get a chance to go by Dales place to see his collection?

Tom

• 2 weeks later...

This is an incredible Palm spot and great event.Only issue is trying to keep up with Palm Master, Dale Holton, on his tour!

What you look for is what is looking