• Announcements

• IPS BIENNIAL - SARAWAK / SINGAPORE JUNE 12-19   01/23/2016

STILL TIME TO REGISTER!!
      Don't miss this opportunity to hike through natural forest areas of Borneo to see palms in habitat led by expert guides. Experience the culture and cuisine of this exotic Southeast Asian country with fellow IPS travelers.
      In Singapore you'll experience the world's largest covered garden, Gardens by the Bay, and tour the venerable Singapore Botanic Garden. 
      You must be an IPS member to register, so sign up today. For more information click HERE (For more info of past biennials and member experiences see the BIENNIAL FORUM on Palmtalk.)   One of the exotic palms of Borneo
    • NEW FORUM - PALMS IN POTS   01/23/2016

CHECK IT OUT BELOW I think it is self explanatory - it's right below the COLD HARDY PALMS FORUM.

videos

8 posts in this topic

Is it possible to upload videos or parts of them (from a video camera) of scenery such as waterfalls?

i think they would have to be very small..

probably better to post on you tube or the like then link it..

Yes, better to use a You Tube like service, and then use the "Insert media" icon when posting.

Bill - should I You Tube some of you? :bemused::interesting::floor:

Having some trouble embedding youtube videos. I take it the "insert media" icon Dean is referring to now labelled "Special BBCode"? I'm able to copy the code into the URL box and it appears in the "editor box". Problem is when I "preview post" it is again in the "editor box" but not displayed in the "preview box". It also does not appear in the finished post is when it is finally submitted. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.

Having some trouble embedding youtube videos. I take it the "insert media" icon Dean is referring to now labelled "Special BBCode"? I'm able to copy the code into the URL box and it appears in the "editor box". Problem is when I "preview post" it is again in the "editor box" but not displayed in the "preview box". It also does not appear in the finished post is when it is finally submitted. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.

Please be more specific. Are you using the Media option under Special BB Code? if so, what are you entering in the Dimensions Box and the Media URL box? You should be copying the link, not the embed code. And what service are you using - YouTube, Vimeo???

Yes, I'm using the Media option under Special BB Code. Is there another way? It's a Youtube video. Nothing in the Dimensions Box( says for Flash only), and pasting the embed code into URL box. I think you answered it, as I've been pasting the embed code and not the link. Is this correct?