Difficulty Accessing Chat

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 bubba

bubba

• IPS MEMBER
  • 4,836 posts

Posted 09 July 2011 - 08:03 AM

I have had some difficulty getting into Chat. I have a new computer at my house.Is this a problem others have had? Any ideas on what I am doing wrong?
"Be kind, for everyone you encounter is fighting a great battle."
Philo

PalmTalk Advertising

#2 PALM MOD

PALM MOD

• Administrator
  • 2,677 posts

Posted 09 July 2011 - 12:09 PM

I have had some difficulty getting into Chat. I have a new computer at my house.Is this a problem others have had? Any ideas on what I am doing wrong?

Not enough info. How long have you been trying? Did you see others using it when you tried? What type of computer, OS, Browser, what is the error message, etc?

But no, no trouble for me. I just tried. And I see others using it. There are times when it is not going to be accessible. It is still somewhat of a new feature, undergoing development, and it is run on a remote server that we have no access to. So there have been times where it has been inaccessible for brief periods. We just have to go with the flow.
Thanks to those of you who help make this a fun and friendly forum.

#3 Ken Johnson

Ken Johnson

• IPS DIRECTOR
  • 3,971 posts

Posted 09 July 2011 - 03:35 PM

Yes Bub, there are times when people have problems but it is often resolved by singing off and then back on again. However there may be a delay in time to sign back on so try again after a few minutes or even as many as five minutes.

The other night I saw you on Private chat and it showed you signed in the main room. We will have the hot tub on every night so join us for a drink.
I DIG PALMS
Call me anytime to chat about transplanting palms.
305-345-8918
https://www.facebook...KenJohnsonPalms

#4 Jason in Orlando

Jason in Orlando

• IPS MEMBER
  • 576 posts

Posted 05 October 2011 - 12:32 AM

I'm having trouble with accessing chat too. I'm using Windows Vista and Internet Explorer 7. My latest problem was at 0430 EDT. I keep getting this message when I click the "Accept" button:

[#CSTART-0] There was an error connecting with the chat room. Please notify an administrator

Thanks for looking into this.

Jason
Skell's Bells

Inland Central Florida, 28N, 81W. Humid-subtropical climate with occasional frosts and freezes. Zone 9b.

#5 PALM MOD

PALM MOD

• Administrator
  • 2,677 posts

Posted 08 October 2011 - 01:04 AM

Chat has intermittent troubles that are beyond our control. They should only last a while until the server on which it is hosted resolves their problems. If it lasts more than several hours, then the problem is most likely on your end and a log off and on, trying another browser, emptying cache, or re-booting are all potential things to try.
Thanks to those of you who help make this a fun and friendly forum.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users