IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT ABOUT LOGGING IN ×
  • WELCOME GUEST

It looks as if you are viewing PalmTalk as an unregistered Guest.

Please consider registering so as to take better advantage of our vast knowledge base and friendly community.  By registering you will gain access to many features - among them are our powerful Search feature, the ability to Private Message other Users, and be able to post and/or answer questions from all over the world. It is completely free, no “catches,” and you will have complete control over how you wish to use this site.

PalmTalk is sponsored by the International Palm Society. - an organization dedicated to learning everything about and enjoying palm trees (and their companion plants) while conserving endangered palm species and habitat worldwide. Please take the time to know us all better and register.

guest Renda04.jpg

More Caryota Urens Seed

Kumar

I'm off to Calcutta for a week this Saturday which means I get to clean up the fruiting mess that our caryota urens has been making for the last few weeks. If anyone wants any caryota seed, let me know; I've already sent out heaps so I wouldn't normally bring back any (more so in this humid weather) but if you have a caryota fetish that can't wait, let me know and assuming the infructescence has not been cut down, I will collect some for you.

I wonder whether any of the seed that I have sent to PT members germinated? It's been two months, so results should be clear.

PS - Photos of the mother tree are here - http://www.palmtalk.org/forum/index.php?showtopic=28205

Edited by Kumar

Kumar

Bombay, India

Sea Level | Average Temperature Range 23 - 32 deg. celsius | Annual rainfall 3400.0 mm

Calcutta, India

Sea Level | Average Temperature Range 19 - 33 deg. celsius | Annual rainfall 1600.0 mm

I'm off to Calcutta for a week this Saturday which means I get to clean up the fruiting mess that our caryota urens has been making for the last few weeks. If anyone wants any caryota seed, let me know; I've already sent out heaps so I wouldn't normally bring back any (more so in this humid weather) but if you have a caryota fetish that can't wait, let me know and assuming the infructescence has not been cut down, I will collect some for you.

I wonder whether any of the seed that I have sent to PT members germinated? It's been two months, so results should be clear.

PS - Photos of the mother tree are here - http://www.palmtalk.org/forum/index.php?showtopic=28205

I will take some, my island needs more fishtail palms!

yes Kumar 5 seeds are in germination, the ones you sent to my friend

again thanks

GIUSEPPE

yes Kumar 5 seeds are in germination, the ones you sent to my friend

again thanks

Oh yes - to Gregorio. It is good to hear that - although that is still only a 15-20% success rate ? I feel ashamed now for having doubted its fertility. :winkie:

Kumar

Bombay, India

Sea Level | Average Temperature Range 23 - 32 deg. celsius | Annual rainfall 3400.0 mm

Calcutta, India

Sea Level | Average Temperature Range 19 - 33 deg. celsius | Annual rainfall 1600.0 mm

Kumar,

4 Caryota seeds have germinated so far .... also 3 of the Royal seeds . The royals seem to be growing quick. The fronds/ 1st leaves have almost opened.:winkie:

Kumar,

4 Caryota seeds have germinated so far .... also 3 of the Royal seeds . The royals seem to be growing quick. The fronds/ 1st leaves have almost opened.:winkie:

Glad to hear that. For some reason, i'm having acute difficulty germinating my own caryota seeds whereas the ones that fall to the ground do so effortlessly ! The royals are indeed very fast. I will photograph two volunteers from my garden tomorrow.

Kumar

Bombay, India

Calcutta, India

ciao kumar ai ancora dei semi da distribuire io li prenderei molto volentieri anche di altre piante se la cosa ti interessa fammelo sapere cosi ti do l'indirizzo ciao Nico

ciao kumar ai ancora dei semi da distribuire io li prenderei molto volentieri anche di altre piante se la cosa ti interessa fammelo sapere cosi ti do l'indirizzo ciao Nico

This is my first attempt with Google Translate -

Ciao Nico - I semi Caryota appaiono un po 'acerbo, ma se maturano prima di tornare a Bombay, poi mi metterò un po' per voi.

Kumar

Bombay, India

Calcutta, India

Ciao Nico - I semi Caryota appaiono un po 'acerbo, ma se maturano prima di tornare a Bombay, poi mi metterò un po' per voi.

buon giorno kumar grazie per l'interessamento la traduzione è perfetta.Se ai la disponibilità di semi di altre palme li

accetto molto volentieri grazie.

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

buon giorno kumar grazie per l'interessamento la traduzione è perfetta.Se ai la disponibilità di semi di altre palme li

accetto molto volentieri grazie.

ciao Kumar ti ho inviato una PM con indirizzo saluti nico