IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT ABOUT LOGGING IN ×
  • WELCOME GUEST

It looks as if you are viewing PalmTalk as an unregistered Guest.

Please consider registering so as to take better advantage of our vast knowledge base and friendly community.  By registering you will gain access to many features - among them are our powerful Search feature, the ability to Private Message other Users, and be able to post and/or answer questions from all over the world. It is completely free, no “catches,” and you will have complete control over how you wish to use this site.

PalmTalk is sponsored by the International Palm Society. - an organization dedicated to learning everything about and enjoying palm trees (and their companion plants) while conserving endangered palm species and habitat worldwide. Please take the time to know us all better and register.

guest Renda04.jpg

possum pie anyone?

palmazon

22 hours ago, weldertom said:

I'm really surprised at the vitriol toward possums here.

I have them in my yard. 

They are great insect eaters..... 

They also relish rodents.

Naples (inland), FL - technically 10a but more like 9b in the winter :hmm:

5 hours ago, rprimbs said:

possum_poster.jpg.166e308c2e84308e2e8077

Ahhhh...this never gets old! :lol:

Naples (inland), FL - technically 10a but more like 9b in the winter :hmm:

21 hours ago, Dave-Vero said:

In my suburban corner of Florida, there's moles (control mole crickets), rabbits (eat something, seemingly mostly the grass, possibly a few bromeliads), raccoons, possums.  Whatever the possums are eating, it's probably to the good.  

For those that choose to exterminate , I would like to say it is very easy to re-locate a possum .....either by catching in a cage or simply grabbing them by the tail and putting them in a box...They are not harmful- rarely bite, and not generally known to carry rabies or other infectious disease. Now- getting the courage up to grab that fuzzy critter- thats another thread altogether! 

Melbourne Beach, Florida on the barrier island -two blocks from the Atlantic Ocean and 6 homes from the Indian River Lagoon

42 minutes ago, Missi said:

Ahhhh...this never gets old! :lol:

HA HA HA H A That is awesome!

Melbourne Beach, Florida on the barrier island -two blocks from the Atlantic Ocean and 6 homes from the Indian River Lagoon

On ‎1‎/‎10‎/‎2007‎ ‎8‎:‎55‎:‎57‎, Jeff Searle said:

(palmazon @ Jan. 09 2007,23:15)

3/4 profile

possum.jpg

rat w/fangs

My over-sized "rat" friend. I have had a few in this same situation,looking out of one of my traps here at the nursery. I then prefer to tell people when they asked,what did you do with him? And my reply.....Oh, I took him for a swim. :angry:

Jeff

Luca Brassi is swimming with the fishes :innocent:

Coral Gables, FL 8 miles North of Fairchild USDA Zone 10B