IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT ABOUT LOGGING IN ×
  • WELCOME GUEST

It looks as if you are viewing PalmTalk as an unregistered Guest.

Please consider registering so as to take better advantage of our vast knowledge base and friendly community.  By registering you will gain access to many features - among them are our powerful Search feature, the ability to Private Message other Users, and be able to post and/or answer questions from all over the world. It is completely free, no “catches,” and you will have complete control over how you wish to use this site.

PalmTalk is sponsored by the International Palm Society. - an organization dedicated to learning everything about and enjoying palm trees (and their companion plants) while conserving endangered palm species and habitat worldwide. Please take the time to know us all better and register.

guest Renda04.jpg

Costa Rica Palm Society Meeting at Wilson Botanical Garden

Jeff in St Pete

The next meeting of the Costa Rica Palm Society will be held at Wilson Botanical Garden (Las Cruces) on Saturday April 9, 2011. Wilson Botanical Garden was known at one time as having the second largest palm collection in the world. This is a great opportunity for our members to see many species of mature palms from all around the world.

Cabinas are available for rent at the garden and the rate includes accommodations, 3 meals per day, 1/2 day guided tour, and all taxes. For more information, please contact Jeff Anderson through the Costa Rica Palm Society website www.costaricapalms.org

Formerly Jeff in Costa Rica

Jeff, glad to here your going down there. Margie & I spent 2.5 days there. Very special place that is very laid back, until the dinner bell rings. The ladies cooking the food in the mess hall are fantastic! All locally grown & very fresh. Really enjoyed the meals & the views. Wide variety of Palms & tropical plants. Cycad garden is somewhat limited. San Vito, the local town, is a full of friendly people, unfortunately almost no English spoken there. I guess that is why they are so friendly, away from the tourist trade. Wilson was the highlight of our trip. Sounds like a good meeting.

Mike, thanks for the info! I'm really looking forward to my first Wilson visit. I'm sure I will have lots of photos to post afterwards. :)

looking forward to the pix,also! :drool:

the "prince of snarkness."

still "warning-free."

san diego,california,left coast.

• 2 weeks later...

Jeff, we can't thank you enough for such a wonderful gathering. The place, the people and the host :winkie: were perfect!!!!

Patricia

looking forward to the pix,also! :drool:

Post it fast... Jeff, unlike some people :rolleyes:

Ari & Scott

Darwin, NT, Australia

-12°32'53" 131°10'20"

ari if i had posted all the pix right away you'd be done looking at them now & have nothing to look forward to :winkie:

the "prince of snarkness."

still "warning-free."

san diego,california,left coast.

Hi Patricia! Sorry for the delayed response, but when I returned home I did not have internet. I am still trying to get it fixed - I'm sitting at Cafe Milagro right now. It was a pleasure meeting you last weekend! I had the BEST time and I can't wait to go back again. I was very pleased with the turnout - 23 people came and some of them drove as far as 7 hours (as you know!) to get there. Thanks for posting the photos!

Ari, As soon as my internet is working again, I will have a lot of photos to post. I took over 500 pics... :blink:

Jeff, about the Internet service...such is life in the tropics! (especially in the countryside tropics, the real tropics ;) ) That keeps happening to me too. Looking forward for your pics!

Patricia

Patricia, I know what you mean. I just accept it when the internet is not working. Not much you can do about it. :rolleyes:

I posted my photos in the Travel Log section