RarePalmSeeds

IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT

The IPS has issued the expected revised "Terms of Service" - Effective Immediately - Please read more in an explanatory topic HERE.

NEW "TERMS OF SERVICE"

Photo

Freeze data forum

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Nigel

Nigel

• FORUM MEMBER
  • 1,620 posts

Posted 16 March 2011 - 05:03 AM

I was trying to find some data on the freeze data forum and it was very difficult to navigate or find what I wanted, yet there is a mine of information there.
If there was some way to organise this info into alphapbetical order it would be a goldmine, and i suspect more people would add info.
As it is people seem to post the same plant over and over rathe rthan accumulating info.
Resident in Bristol UK.
Webshop for hardy palms and hybrid seeds www.hardy-palms.co.uk

PalmTalk Advertising

#2 tinman10101

tinman10101

• FORUM MEMBER
  • 166 posts

Posted 16 March 2011 - 05:23 AM

Nigel

There is a way to sort the freeze damage data by alphabetical listing. You have to scroll to the bottom of the page until you see "Click here to show filter options".

It will then expand and then you can sort it with the configurations I have attached below and then click "Go".

Hope this helps.

Cheers!

Tin

Attached Thumbnails

• filter banner.jpg
  • sorting banner.jpg

"delectare et movere"

#3 Nigel

Nigel

• FORUM MEMBER
  • 1,620 posts

Posted 16 March 2011 - 06:29 AM

Ahhhhhhhhhh thats good. I suspect most people dont realise they can do this due to number of duplicated posts.
Resident in Bristol UK.
Webshop for hardy palms and hybrid seeds www.hardy-palms.co.uk

#4 PALM MOD

PALM MOD

• Administrator
  • 2,652 posts

Posted 16 March 2011 - 11:54 AM

As Tin has said, and as it states in one of the "IMPORTANT" topics titled "Alphabetical Sorting," and pinned to the top of the page in the Freeze Data Forum:

"Please be aware that the options for sorting are always available on all the forums at the bottom of the page. You can sort topics in any number of ways.
Alphabetically by topic, topic starter, last poster, etc. Or chronologically by last post, topic start date, etc. Check it out.
"

One of the upgrades must have removed the default setting to alphabetical in that forum. I will check to see if that option is still available.

As a note: please pay more attention to the "IMPORTANT" notices at the beginning of each forum. I am not singling out Nigel. This is a regular occurrence. Believe it or not, sometimes they are IMPORTANT.
Thanks to those of you who help make this a fun and friendly forum.

#5 PALM MOD

PALM MOD

• Administrator
  • 2,652 posts

Posted 16 March 2011 - 02:10 PM

I have reset the default sort option to alphabetical. It is still possible to change if desired to "most recent" or the other options.
Thanks to those of you who help make this a fun and friendly forum.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users