• WELCOME GUEST

It looks as if you are viewing PalmTalk as an unregistered Guest.

Please consider registering so as to take better advantage of our vast knowledge base and friendly community.  By registering you will gain access to many features - among them are our powerful Search feature, the ability to Private Message other Users, and be able to post and/or answer questions from all over the world. It is completely free, no “catches,” and you will have complete control over how you wish to use this site.

PalmTalk is sponsored by the International Palm Society. - an organization dedicated to learning everything about and enjoying palm trees (and their companion plants) while conserving endangered palm species and habitat worldwide. Please take the time to know us all better and register.

guest Renda04.jpg

NEW "FREEBIE" FORUM NOTICE

PALM MOD

This is a new forum for all members (any registered user) to use if they have palm/plant related items that they wish to give away. This is mainly envisioned for the free distribution of seed, but can also include palms, such as excess seedlings, all the way up to in-ground giants. It could also include materials such as pots, soil, or shade structures needing removal.

Under no circumstances will any schemes to make money be tolerated. In addition, be certain that live plant material that you may be shipping or receiving complies with any regulations pertaining to inter-state or inter-continental agricultural trade.

• Like 1

Thanks to those of you who help make this a fun and friendly forum.

Ah, good!

Time for the freebie jeebies . . . .

Let's keep our forum fun and friendly.

Any data in this post is provided 'as is' and in no event shall I be liable for any damages, including, without limitation, damages resulting from accuracy or lack thereof, insult, or lost profits or revenue, claims by third parties or for other similar costs, or any special, incidental, or consequential damages arising out of my opinion or the use of this data. The accuracy or reliability of the data is not guaranteed or warranted in any way and I disclaim liability of any kind whatsoever, including, without limitation, liability for quality, performance, merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose arising out of the use, or inability to use my data. Other terms may apply.

Under no circumstances will any schemes to make money be tolerated. In addition, be certain that live plant material that you may be shipping or receiving complies with any regulations pertaining to inter-state or inter-continental agricultural trade.

Excellent forum addition!

James

• 3 months later...

What a great addition to PT. The ideal forum for poverty stricken matrons like me. :rolleyes:

Peachy.

(a poor widow from the slums who has to wear rags, no shoes and eats from dumpsters)

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

I came. I saw. I purchased

27.35 south.

Warm subtropical, with occasional frosts.

• 1 month later...

Erik,

I would like some "free" mule palm tree seed! Who wouldn't? Unfortunately yours comes with a cost most of us can't afford.

Apparently you believe that palm tree growers that are palm tree collectors and traders can not take pics and e-mail you germination rates.

For some reason you believe that only nursery owners can do that! Maybe you should rethink what your information goal is and inclued more people

and more places in your survey.

How could it hurt your survey to offer free seed to everyone! Why favor nursuries anyways. You stated you are doing this to get future business.

Get future business from everyone!

My two cents,

Randy

• Upvote 1

test

Erik,

I would like some "free" mule palm tree seed! Who wouldn't? Unfortunately yours comes with a cost most of us can't afford.

Apparently you believe that palm tree growers that are palm tree collectors and traders can not take pics and e-mail you germination rates.

For some reason you believe that only nursery owners can do that! Maybe you should rethink what your information goal is and inclued more people

How could it hurt your survey to offer free seed to everyone! Why favor nursuries anyways. You stated you are doing this to get future business.

My two cents,

Randy

Yeah, but what happens when it comes time to keep up your end of the bargain, Randy? When you make a gentleman's agreement with someone on Palmtalk, you expect them to keep up their end of the deal. I know that's hard for some people... my two cents

Erik,

My two cents,

Randy

Randy I have all ready sent out 500 seeds to non nursery members who are going to post as well. Now I am trying to get some professionals as well who are in the nursery business to get a true germination rate on these seeds. It is not much to ask.

• 3 years later...

I'm always down for some free seed!!

• Upvote 1

Carlsbad, California Zone 10 B on the hill (402 ft. elevation)

Sunset zone 24

• 8 months later...

I love this freebie section allows me to save a lot of palms from chainsaws and get them to happy owners. Thinking about starting a palm rescue lol

• Upvote 1

I love this freebie section allows me to save a lot of palms from chainsaws and get them to happy owners. Thinking about starting a palm rescue lol

PalmTalk accepts donations. :)

(Top right, Donate Button)

• Upvote 1

Thanks to those of you who help make this a fun and friendly forum.

• 3 years later...

Could it be suggested that the country of poster be visible as there are a lot of different international members where collection is the only option. E.g, I am in U.K...or maybe a ‘Country’ filter in Palm Talk program? 

• 1 year later...

I live in Ocklawaha, FL zone 9a and would like to get some coconut palm seedlings. I have read that. Dwarf Malayan could survive this zone but I believe in pushing the limit with careful planting location etc so any coconut palm species I would be interested in . I will pay shipping and cost of seedling if needed . 
thanks
Cathy Anderson