IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT ABOUT LOGGING IN ×
  • WELCOME GUEST

It looks as if you are viewing PalmTalk as an unregistered Guest.

Please consider registering so as to take better advantage of our vast knowledge base and friendly community.  By registering you will gain access to many features - among them are our powerful Search feature, the ability to Private Message other Users, and be able to post and/or answer questions from all over the world. It is completely free, no “catches,” and you will have complete control over how you wish to use this site.

PalmTalk is sponsored by the International Palm Society. - an organization dedicated to learning everything about and enjoying palm trees (and their companion plants) while conserving endangered palm species and habitat worldwide. Please take the time to know us all better and register.

guest Renda04.jpg

Palm Beach Palm & Cycad Society Spring Sale Palm and Cycad Sale

MAPU 1

The Palm Beach Palm Society will be having its annual "Spring Sale" on April 9 & 10.

We will be at a new location. The Mounts Botanical Garden, at 559 N. Military Trail,West Palm Beach 33415.

The hours are 9AM to 4PM on Saturday and 9AM to 3PM on Sunday.

for Information 561-386-7812.

Dale F. Holton

The Palm Beach Palm Society will be having its annual "Spring Sale" on April 9 & 10.

We will be at a new location. The Mounts Botanical Garden, at 559 N. Military Trail,West Palm Beach 33415.

The hours are 9AM to 4PM on Saturday and 9AM to 3PM on Sunday.

for Information 561-386-7812.

Dale,

Why was the sale moved?

Searle Brothers Nursery Inc.

and The Rainforest Collection.

Southwest Ranches,Fl.

Hi Jeff

The sale was moved for a couple of reasons.

The county park was costing us too much, and also they required us to have a licensed security guard.

The Mounts is where started many years ago.and they want us back.

In return we have to donate some plants to them. A much better deal.

Dale

Dale F. Holton

• 2 weeks later...

I think that the new location will be great. Even beter that Mounts will be getting more palms!!! :D

Palm Beach Palm and Cycad Society Member (IPS Affiliate)

North Palm Beach

The old location was excellent, but my visit to Mounts a couple of years ago gave me the impression that they're thriving. Much of Mounts had the look of having been revamped fairly recently. Very nice plants on display.

Fla. climate center: 100-119 days>85 F
USDA 1990 hardiness zone 9B
Current USDA hardiness zone 10a
4 km inland from Indian River; 27º N (equivalent to Brisbane)

Central Orlando's urban heat island may be warmer than us

Mounts is thriving, but to have a larger variety of palms is always a good thing (in my opinion)! I’m glad that the sale will be there, easier to find and more centrally located.

Palm Beach Palm and Cycad Society Member (IPS Affiliate)

North Palm Beach

Only a week and a half until the Palm Beach Palm and Cycad Sale at its new location, the Mounts Botanical Garden in West Palm Beach. Lots of palms and cycads, books, T-shirts, free admission, parking and information. April 9 and 10. Hope to see you there.

Betty

There is always enough room for another palm!

Come see us this weekend at Mounts Botanical Garden. Lots of vendors with lots of varieties!

• 2 weeks later...

How was the sale, did anybody show up?

Southwest Ranches,Fl.

Hi Jeff, sorry to be so slow responding. We had another sale this past weekend and everyone was really busy. The sale was good. People did show up on Sat. and Sun. It was a record breaking hot day so most came early. We did better than our previous sale at the other site althought the economy is a factor. Not like the good old days at Fairchild.

Betty

Thanks Betty, great to hear about the good turn out. Maybe selling at the Mounts will prove to be a better venue.The economy is certainly taking a toll on all sales.

Jeff

Southwest Ranches,Fl.

• 3 months later...

Hope that you can make it. It's always nice seeing you. I would move it where you suggested but I have no idea how.

Betty