IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT ABOUT LOGGING IN ×
  • WELCOME GUEST

It looks as if you are viewing PalmTalk as an unregistered Guest.

Please consider registering so as to take better advantage of our vast knowledge base and friendly community.  By registering you will gain access to many features - among them are our powerful Search feature, the ability to Private Message other Users, and be able to post and/or answer questions from all over the world. It is completely free, no “catches,” and you will have complete control over how you wish to use this site.

PalmTalk is sponsored by the International Palm Society. - an organization dedicated to learning everything about and enjoying palm trees (and their companion plants) while conserving endangered palm species and habitat worldwide. Please take the time to know us all better and register.

guest Renda04.jpg

Spain looks like California! (google street view link)

samirbouag

yes i was right!

My link

lol!

Yes it does, and visa versa.

Gotta love technology!

I bet we have more Spanish speakers !

:mrlooney:

Edited by Jeff in Modesto

Modesto, CA USDA 9b

July/August average 95f/63f

Dec/Jan average 55f/39f

Average lowest winter temp 27f

Record low temp 18f

Record high temp 113f

also Southern Italy seems to California, throughout southern Europe seems to california,similar climate.

BONJOUR!!

yeah i agree!

Even in the french riviera we have suburbs called "La Californie" but we keep our own architectural style, whereas in spain they use a architectural armericain style ! and even the street! look! lol in france we haven't flowers at each piece of "ground "(terre) i don't remeber the word sorry!! lol ! everything is perfect!

and look at the hills,it's looks like californian's hills, the vegetation!

the only think we haven't on this pic, is the Hollywood sign, which reigns over this city of spain! lol

L'architecture americano-mediterranee, construite en Espagne, n'est-ce pas un espece de <<simulacrum>>, l'idee de Jean Baudrillard?

Jason Dewees

Inner Sunset District

San Francisco, California

Sunset zone 17

USDA zone 10a

21 inches / 530mm annual rainfall, mostly October to April

Humidity averages 60 to 85 percent year-round.

Summer: 67F/55F | 19C/12C

Winter: 56F/44F | 13C/6C

40-year extremes: 96F/26F | 35.5C/-3.8C

L'architecture americano-mediterranee, construite en Espagne, n'est-ce pas un espece de <<simulacrum>>, l'idee de Jean Baudrillard?

Salut!

alors la, bonne question! lol :D

un simulacrum c'est une "photocopie" le reflet de quelque chose, une similitude.

Donc par ta phrase, tu voudrais dire que l’idéologue,sociologue,Jean Baudillard pense que l'architecture Americano-Méditerranéenne construite en Espagne n'est qu'un reflet,une similitude de quelque chose! oui mais de quoi?

whaouuuu on est en train de philosophé! lol

j'ai pas tres bien compris le sens de ta phrase! :huh::)

Hello!

then, good question! lol: D

a simulacrum is a "photocopy" a reflection of something, a similarity.

So for your sentence, you would like to say that the ideologist, sociologist, Jean Baudillard think Americano-Mediterranean architecture built in Spain is only a reflection, a likeness of something! yes but what?

whaouuuu! we're doing philosophy! lol

I don't quite understand the meaning of your sentence! :s

there is alot of spanish style architecture in socal due to the spanish missions that were founded here in the 1700s,but in genereal

our architecture is a mish-mash of styles in which its hard to find 2 housing tracts or even 2 blocks with the same look,in some

places.

the "prince of snarkness."

still "warning-free."

san diego,california,left coast.

I have had the good fortune of spending a couple of weeks in the Marbella area back in 2000, and would agree that in many ways it greatly resembles parts of southern California. This section of southern Spain, and continuing on to Gibralter has some fantastic gardens, homes, marinas, etc. The biggest difference I noticed, was that the Mediterranean sea is much calmer than the Pacific Ocean, and gardens and plantings and nature right at the shore line in places like Marbella, in particular, do not seem to show as much signs of salt spray damage from high wind storms, so it is a much lusher look right next to the sea. I also got the impression that in general the temperatures are balmier year round(especially at night) in Marbella than most of coastal California, as the Mediterranean sea warms up more, and there isn't the constant wind off the ocean, or regular fog. Lovely climate, but I was only there in late spring/early summer, so I didn't really experience the brunt of the heat they get there. Walking around Marbella in the downtown area with pedestrian streets and lovely landscaping contrasted against all the period details of stucco, tile, iron work, etc seemed much more pervasive and natural in the setting. So often here in southern California it can seem like a movie lot backdrop, and there isn't the historical context. I also got the distinct impression that the most beautiful areas where very expensive, and money accounted for a lot of the good looks. Maybe I was just romanticizing what I saw, but I can definitely see why Marbella is one of the Saudi Royal Family's preferred summer get aways when it just gets too damn hot in Riyadh...

• 2 weeks later...