Bluebell Nursery

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Just1MorePalm

Just1MorePalm

• FORUM MEMBER
  • 274 posts

Posted 21 February 2011 - 10:29 AM

I've been buying palms from Bluebell Nursery for a while now and I thought this is a good time to let out my secret...Some of the SoCal members know about Bluebell but many don't...Its been around for many years but is not mentioned much...Sorta like a secret spot...The selection of rare palms is limited, but what they do offer is large and cheap...

Bluebell Nursery Is owned and operated by long time members of the PSSC and have very well grown palms...If you are in the market for a Rhopalostylis baueri, Rhopalostylis sapida or Dypsis baronii you must visit them to compare size and price...I'm confident you will get a larger plant for less money from Bluebell...They also have other palms for sale as well...those are just three of the the palms that I know you will not pass up if you are shopping...

Nurserymen purchase plants from Bluebell and resell at 3x the price...So do others on this forum, Do yourself a favor and visit them and spread the word...Sorry current Bluebell customers if I'm letting out your secret...

I am not affiliated with Bluebell Nursery in any way...Happy Growing!

PalmTalk Advertising

#2 paulgila

paulgila

pohonkelapa

• IPS MEMBER
  • 13,157 posts

Posted 21 February 2011 - 11:27 AM

where is it?
the "prince of snarkness."

still "warning-free."

san diego,california,left coast.

#3 Just1MorePalm

Just1MorePalm

• FORUM MEMBER
  • 274 posts

Posted 21 February 2011 - 11:37 AM

where is it?

Bluebell is located in Anaheim...

#4 Darold Petty

Darold Petty

• IPS MEMBER
  • 1,173 posts

Posted 20 September 2011 - 07:26 AM

Ditto the previous comments. Bluebell Nursery is a home-based business operated by Jack and Arline Passerello. They have what seems to be 2 acres of palms on a 1/2 acre lot! They prefer to sell only larger pot sizes, 15 gallon and 20 gallon. The location is 5 minutes off the I-5 freeway at Magnolia exit in Anaheim.
Telephone first for an appointment. 714-828-1024
2474 West Orange Avenue
Anaheim, CA 92804
arlinenjack@aol.com
San Francisco, California

#5 Brahea Axel

Brahea Axel

• StumpHead
  • 5,154 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 11:35 AM

Bluebell Nursery specializes in large grown specimens of palms that they grow themselves from seed. Everything matures outdoors, some under shade cloth, some out in the open. I picked up the most beautiful 20 gallon chambeyronia macrocarpa I've ever seen, a large 20 gallon multi-trunked dypsis baronii and two large dypsis decipiens for very reasonable prices. 

This is definitely one of the best kept secret nursery, if I hadn't seen it listed here, i would have just been tempted to quietly not tell anyone, but that is selfish, so here it is. Arline is really easy going and very enthusiastic about what she does. This appears to be their home, you can see how they dedicated their life is to their passion. it's not a small yard either, they have a whole acre in the middle of Anaheim. if you are looking for large grown specimens of various palms, this is a must stop. 

They have all the required licenses and have the red ant tag for the agricultural inspections. Their plants passed with flying colors, no bugs, nothing on them, healthy as a horse.

Here is a picture of the dypsis baronii I got, what a great head start! Can't beat the price too, it's a lot less than you think!

20130318_174015_zpsa5d04c6f.jpg

And here is a shot of their nursery:

20130317_115921_zps8ed933a6.jpg

Read About my palms here: http://www.cloudforest.com/cafe/northern-california-palms/
Sawubona! Palms aren't much fun unless there are others to share them with.
36°N/550f elev. Santa Cruz Mountains Sunset 16, Koppen Csb
Upper garden steep sloped thermal belt, Lower garden frost prone
My Wunderground Station in lower garden: KCASANTA178

#6 KennyRE317

KennyRE317

• FORUM MEMBER
  • 1,226 posts

Posted 12 June 2013 - 07:50 PM

ah, I stopped by a few weeks to a month ago and Arline was as helpful as can be, was nice to walk around and see some of the palms you don't see a lot of in most of the nurseries in the area.  i'll definitely be going back sometime soon to pickup a few things since it's always nice to get a bit of instant gratification, especially in a completely bare yard

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users