Status comments

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 carver

carver

• IPS MEMBER
  • 324 posts

Posted 30 January 2011 - 01:33 PM

Every time I try to look at a status comment, it's like the page just refreshes and doesn't let me look at or add a comment. Any suggestions as to why?

PalmTalk Advertising

#2 Xenon

Xenon

• FORUM MEMBER
  • 1,154 posts

Posted 30 January 2011 - 01:50 PM

I have the same problem...Posted Image
:) Jonathan

Jonathan

Katy, TX (Zone 9a)

#3 _Keith

_Keith

• IPS MEMBER
  • 8,645 posts

Posted 30 January 2011 - 02:02 PM

Same here.

In my post I sometimes express "MY" opinion.   Please do not feel insulted if your opinion differs from my opinion.  That is fine.  You get to have one, I get to have one.  Its kind of like they teach you in Kindergarten, but we don't even have to share.  Any data in this post is provided 'as is' and in no event shall I be liable for any damages, including, without limitation, damages resulting from accuracy or lack thereof, insult, or lost profits or revenue, claims by third parties or for other similar costs, or any special, incidental, or consequential damages arising out of my opinion or the use of this data. The accuracy or reliability of the data is not guaranteed or warranted in any way and I disclaim liability of any kind whatsoever, including, without limitation, liability for quality, performance, merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose arising out of the use, or inability to use my data.  Other terms may apply.

#4 buccaneers37

buccaneers37

• IPS MEMBER
  • 343 posts

Posted 30 January 2011 - 04:49 PM

Ditto.
52% 9B / 42% 10A / 6% "Other"

Posted Image

#5 Moose

Moose

• IPS MEMBER
  • 4,923 posts

Posted 30 January 2011 - 05:30 PM

:blink:
Coral Gables, FL 8 miles North of Fairchild USDA Zone 10B

#6 pogobob

pogobob

• IPS MEMBER
  • 1,382 posts

Posted 30 January 2011 - 08:29 PM

It seems to me that this problem started with the advertisement pictures we now have to see all the time! Please don't make us stare at adds... :(
Robert de Jong
San Clemente, CA

Willowbrook Nursery

#7 Rafael

Rafael

• IPS MEMBER
  • 1,780 posts

Posted 31 January 2011 - 02:45 AM

Besides that kind of refreshing problem, i have another one. Unintencionally i have erased the status bar, and now i dont know how to see it again.
Furadouro, coastline, zone 9b. Ovar, zone 10a.
PORTUGAL
http://www.palmtalk....showtopic=20668
http://www.palmtalk....ar-january2012/

#8 dalmatiansoap

dalmatiansoap

• FORUM MEMBER
  • 1,014 posts

Posted 31 January 2011 - 03:13 AM

Click the "x" in up right corner (where status bar was)

Edited by dalmatiansoap, 31 January 2011 - 03:15 AM.

Mission: Kerriodoxa elegans

#9 Rafael

Rafael

• IPS MEMBER
  • 1,780 posts

Posted 31 January 2011 - 03:21 AM

Thanks a lot Ante!
I was afraid of clicking there, i thought i could erase the main bar... :D
Furadouro, coastline, zone 9b. Ovar, zone 10a.
PORTUGAL
http://www.palmtalk....showtopic=20668
http://www.palmtalk....ar-january2012/

#10 buccaneers37

buccaneers37

• IPS MEMBER
  • 343 posts

Posted 31 January 2011 - 07:10 PM

still not able to leave or see status comments. Has this cleared up for anyone????
52% 9B / 42% 10A / 6% "Other"

Posted Image

#11 John in Andalucia

John in Andalucia

• FORUM MEMBER
  • 3,713 posts

Posted 01 February 2011 - 04:09 AM

Same here. Can't open or add comments since the IPS merchandise widget was installed. I am on a Linux OS with Google Chrome and Firefox.

#12 BS Man about Palms

BS Man about Palms

This TVR is trapped in my garage by PALMS!

• IPS MEMBER
  • 16,515 posts

Posted 01 February 2011 - 08:31 AM

Ditto on this..but I noticed if you click on that person's profile, you can comment from their homepage..more work, but a way around it..
Zone 10a at best after 2007 AND 2013, on SW facing hill, 1 1/2 miles from coast in Oceanside, CA. 30-98 degrees, and 45-80deg. about 95% of the time.

"The great workman of nature is time."
"Genius is nothing but a great aptitude for patience."
-George-Louis Leclerc de Buffon-

#13 paulgila

paulgila

pohonkelapa

• IPS MEMBER
  • 13,102 posts

Posted 01 February 2011 - 10:56 AM

that thing is not working like it used to.
the "prince of snarkness."

still "warning-free."

san diego,california,left coast.

#14 Trópico

Trópico

• IPS MEMBER
  • 2,185 posts

Posted 01 February 2011 - 12:34 PM

Ditto on this..but I noticed if you click on that person's profile, you can comment from their homepage..more work, but a way around it..

You can also click on the link all the way at the bottom "view all updates --->" which brings up a list of all the users with their status and other user's comments. Here you can reply like you used to.
Frank

Zone 9b pine flatlands
humid/hot summers; dry/cool winters
with yearly freezes

#15 _Keith

_Keith

• IPS MEMBER
  • 8,645 posts

Posted 03 February 2011 - 06:32 PM

Not only can I not look at comments, I cannot enter a status either.

In my post I sometimes express "MY" opinion.   Please do not feel insulted if your opinion differs from my opinion.  That is fine.  You get to have one, I get to have one.  Its kind of like they teach you in Kindergarten, but we don't even have to share.  Any data in this post is provided 'as is' and in no event shall I be liable for any damages, including, without limitation, damages resulting from accuracy or lack thereof, insult, or lost profits or revenue, claims by third parties or for other similar costs, or any special, incidental, or consequential damages arising out of my opinion or the use of this data. The accuracy or reliability of the data is not guaranteed or warranted in any way and I disclaim liability of any kind whatsoever, including, without limitation, liability for quality, performance, merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose arising out of the use, or inability to use my data.  Other terms may apply.

#16 PALM MOD

PALM MOD

• Administrator
  • 2,684 posts

Posted 03 February 2011 - 06:52 PM

Keith,

Thanks for your recent report to alert me to this. Believe it or not, at times an occasional topic may escape my attention.

Apparently the java script used to create the widget Bill sent to me is conflicting with the Forum software. I have deleted it for now, Please let me know if the problems persist.
Thanks to those of you who help make this a fun and friendly forum.

#17 _Keith

_Keith

• IPS MEMBER
  • 8,645 posts

Posted 03 February 2011 - 07:06 PM

Keith,

Thanks for your recent report to alert me to this. Believe it or not, at times an occasional topic may escape my attention.

Apparently the java script used to create the widget Bill sent to me is conflicting with the Forum software. I have deleted it for now, Please let me know if the problems persist.

Dean,

That resolved both issues. Thx.

Keith

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users