• WELCOME GUEST

It looks as if you are viewing PalmTalk as an unregistered Guest.

Please consider registering so as to take better advantage of our vast knowledge base and friendly community.  By registering you will gain access to many features - among them are our powerful Search feature, the ability to Private Message other Users, and be able to post and/or answer questions from all over the world. It is completely free, no “catches,” and you will have complete control over how you wish to use this site.

PalmTalk is sponsored by the International Palm Society. - an organization dedicated to learning everything about and enjoying palm trees (and their companion plants) while conserving endangered palm species and habitat worldwide. Please take the time to know us all better and register.

guest Renda04.jpg

Ortanique

PalmatierMeg

Does anyone know if Ortanique is still in the seed business - at least on the internet? Their seed list appears not updated for almost a year. It would be a shame if we've lost another source of palm and cycad seeds.

• Upvote 1

Meg

Palms of Victory I shall wear

Cape Coral (It's Just Paradise)
Florida
Zone 10A on the Isabelle Canal
Elevation: 15 feet

I'd like to be under the sea in an octopus' garden in the shade.

Send them an email on thier "contact us" page.

Now I know why I do not collect Cycads....Man they are expensive.

Ed Mijares

Whittier, Ca

Psyco Palm Collector Wheeler Dealer

Zone 10a?

They took a large sum of money from me a couple of weeks ago, and will not answer my three or four e-mails, Ed

MOSQUITO LAGOON

Oak_Hill.gif

Meg,

I'm trying to get a response from them.

Bo-Göran

Leilani Estates, 25 mls/40 km south of Hilo, Big Island of Hawai'i. Elevation 880 ft/270 m. Average rainfall 140 inches/3550 mm

They took a large sum of money from me a couple of weeks ago, and will not answer my three or four e-mails, Ed

Uh-oh, that's not good. Thanks for the info, Ed. Hope you work things out with them. If you paid by CC, go for a refund.

Meg

Florida

the problem is that us in Europe buy seeds in Europe !, many seeds that are shipped from the USA are stopped by customs, it takes time and even money for the release of seeds bought out by the European Union

GIUSEPPE

Ed, that is not unusual for ortanique. I haven't dealt with them in a year or so but in my experiences they rarely return emails in a timely manner if at all. I live within a couple of hours from them and for some reason it always takes 3-4 weeks to get my seeds. I try and buy elswhere when I can based on their service.

Chad

Meg,

I'm trying to get a response from them.

Bo-Göran

Thanks, Bo. Bad enough if they are out of business, so much worse if someone is taking customer money in their name and not delivering seeds.

Meg

Florida

I was just informed a minute ago that Joseph will post a response/comment here on PalmTalk tonight. Nothing beyond that at this point.

Leilani Estates, 25 mls/40 km south of Hilo, Big Island of Hawai'i. Elevation 880 ft/270 m. Average rainfall 140 inches/3550 mm

See the IPS sub-forum for response from Ortanique.

Okay....... I read the response that says the new member seed deal is back on. Kudos.

But the website wasn't updated for nearly a year and that concerns me. I don't want to buy old palm seeds so if I see no change on the site I don't buy at all.

Meg

Florida

I'll alert Joseph to this thread and see if he has a response.

Our apologies for the prolonged silence. We are still in business - though our focus has been with wholesaling. Given the economic climate of the last 2 years - retailing has not been a very viable option. We have been dealing with mass market varieties. Our passion still though is all the exotic stuff - which we hope to start stocking as the economy turns around. If you have had a delay in getting a reply from us in the last few weeks - please bear with us - we are coping with a death in the family - and should be back online fully in a week or two. The process of grieving takes more time than one is prepared for - though it should have no bearing on how one's business is conducted. Unfortunately when you run a small business that does happen.

We can always be reached via the same communication channels you are used to.

joseph

www.ortanique.com

SF Bay Area, CA

My condolences Joseph. Fare thee well until your return.

Zone 10a at best after 2007 AND 2013, on SW facing hill, 1 1/2 miles from coast in Oceanside, CA. 30-98 degrees, and 45-80deg. about 95% of the time.

"The great workman of nature is time."   ,  "Genius is nothing but a great aptitude for patience."

-George-Louis Leclerc de Buffon-

I do some experiments and learning in my garden with palms so you don't have to experience the pain! Look at my old threads to find various observations and tips!