IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT ABOUT LOGGING IN ×
  • WELCOME GUEST

It looks as if you are viewing PalmTalk as an unregistered Guest.

Please consider registering so as to take better advantage of our vast knowledge base and friendly community.  By registering you will gain access to many features - among them are our powerful Search feature, the ability to Private Message other Users, and be able to post and/or answer questions from all over the world. It is completely free, no “catches,” and you will have complete control over how you wish to use this site.

PalmTalk is sponsored by the International Palm Society. - an organization dedicated to learning everything about and enjoying palm trees (and their companion plants) while conserving endangered palm species and habitat worldwide. Please take the time to know us all better and register.

guest Renda04.jpg

South Florida Palm Society Spring Sale

tew

Anyone know the date for 2011 at Montgomery? Looking to make transportation arrangements from up North!

Tom

Baltimore, Maryland

Anyone know the date for 2011 at Montgomery? Looking to make transportation arrangements from up North!

Tom - we have a S. Fla. Palm Society BOD meeting this monday evening. I will get a confirmed date for you and post it here.

Ron.

Coral Gables, FL 8 miles North of Fairchild USDA Zone 10B

George Sparkman is correct on the dates. The "preview" date is unofficial as vendors are setting up their booths on that date. No palms will be sold until March 19th.

There are also excellent palm tours provided by the Montgomery Botanical Center Staff on golf carts for a nominal donation (@ $5.00). This is a must as Montgomery is larger than the 88 acre Fairchild Tropical Botanical Gardens. For those who are traveling from out of town, this is an good opportunity to also visit Fairchild which is just a cuople of miles north of Montgomery. :D

Coral Gables, FL 8 miles North of Fairchild USDA Zone 10B

Thank you both for the info. I have attended this sale for the past couple years, toured the garden and then driven over to Fairchild. It's a great weekend! Hope to meet you while i'm there!

Tom

Baltimore, Maryland

• 3 weeks later...

I am going !

Tommy

MBC is an awesome place--I volunteer there all the time. I'm looking forward to the palm show in March; I have a copernicia rigida and neovietchia storckii on order! Anyone have a joey magnifica, they are bringin? I have a rediculous buyer!

What time does the sale start on Saturday? (I didn't see it on the SFPS web site)

Thanks...

Tim

Sarasota, Florida USA (zone 9B) - 1 acre with approx. 91 types of palms & many other plants/trees

My two favorite palms are Teddy Bears and Zombies... zombieteddybear2-compressed.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks...

Sarasota, Florida USA (zone 9B) - 1 acre with approx. 91 types of palms & many other plants/trees

My two favorite palms are Teddy Bears and Zombies... zombieteddybear2-compressed.jpg

George Sparkman is correct on the dates. The "preview" date is unofficial as vendors are setting up their booths on that date. No palms will be sold until March 19th.

There are also excellent palm tours provided by the Montgomery Botanical Center Staff on golf carts for a nominal donation (@ $5.00). This is a must as Montgomery is larger than the 88 acre Fairchild Tropical Botanical Gardens. For those who are traveling from out of town, this is an good opportunity to also visit Fairchild which is just a cuople of miles north of Montgomery. :D

MBC has 120 acres--they rent space to fairchild.

Any walking tours of the garden this year?

I'll be working during the event. staff kinda frowns on the "walking tours"--it's a big place and they don't want members getting lost, or roaming around without supervision...

Edited by Mandrew968

The tours of the MBC plant collections for the $5 donation will be tram tours by the staff and will be run on a continual basis throughout the weekend. Once a cart is filled it goes out on the tour.

Linda Talbott

South Florida Palm Society

My Webpage

The tours of the MBC plant collections for the $5 donation will be tram tours by the staff and will be run on a continual basis throughout the weekend. Once a cart is filled it goes out on the tour.

And well worth it! Hope we have some buyers.

Searle Brothers Nursery Inc.

and The Rainforest Collection.

Southwest Ranches,Fl.

Does anyone have a link to the vendors list (if such link exists)? Usually one of you gracious south Florida folks posts one on this forum before the sale.

I'm hoping to make it to the sale this year. I may even take the tram tour.

Jason

Gainesville, Florida

tank

Does anyone have a link to the vendors list (if such link exists)? Usually one of you gracious south Florida folks posts one on this forum before the sale.

I'm hoping to make it to the sale this year. I may even take the tram tour.

The vendor list may be late this year or not appear, details are sketchy as of late. If a booklet or list comes in the mail, I will post the vendor list and relative information here. If I get a booklet this coming Friday before the sale, I can put it online but it will be late. I might try to take a few photos in each booth and post them here, as some sort of 'visible list' but it will also be here late on Friday.

It is worth the trip not only for the palm sale, but for the tour of Montgomery. This is one of a few times the Center will be open to the public.

Ryan

South Florida

Thanks Jody, Those are some of the best vendors in the World! I bet there will be some very rare and special palms there. There will also be some of the best deals on specimen landscape ready material.

Anyone that would like to tour with us is welcome. We will start at 10:45 and look at every booth trying to find the gems and deals.

Parking will be at Guliver, a private school. No smoking in the parking lot if you know what I mean. No overnight either. While in the garden please no adult beverages. Ask for directions to the after party for that.

I DIG PALMS

Call me anytime to chat about transplanting palms.

305-345-8918

https://www.facebook...KenJohnsonPalms

I just learned that there is going to be a get-together for SFPS members and vendors in the sale area at MBC this Friday evening at 6:30 p.m. Light food and refreshments will be provided by the society and anyone who wishes to bring something to share.

Jody

Does anyone have contact info for the following vendors. I'd like to purchase some things from them:

Steve Stern

Ellis Brown

Claude Roatta

Longview, Texas :: Record Low: -5F, Feb. 16, 2021 :: Borderline 8A/8B :: '06-'07: 18F / '07-'08: 21F / '08-'09: 21F / '09-'10: 14F / '10-'11: 15F / '11-'12: 24F / '12-'13: 23F / '13-'14: 15F / '14-'15: 20F / '15-'16: 27F / '16-'17: 15F / '17-'18: 8F / '18-'19: 23F / '19-'20: 19F / '20-'21: -5F / '21-'22: 20F / '22-'23: 6F

Double Post. Sorry.

Longview, Texas :: Record Low: -5F, Feb. 16, 2021 :: Borderline 8A/8B :: '06-'07: 18F / '07-'08: 21F / '08-'09: 21F / '09-'10: 14F / '10-'11: 15F / '11-'12: 24F / '12-'13: 23F / '13-'14: 15F / '14-'15: 20F / '15-'16: 27F / '16-'17: 15F / '17-'18: 8F / '18-'19: 23F / '19-'20: 19F / '20-'21: -5F / '21-'22: 20F / '22-'23: 6F

I jsut got back from the sale--

I dropped a bundle (for me at least) $500

I got a blooming size Lytocareum from Jeff Searle and

large Guiahias frm Steve Stern

fantastic experience