IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT ABOUT LOGGING IN ×
  • WELCOME GUEST

It looks as if you are viewing PalmTalk as an unregistered Guest.

Please consider registering so as to take better advantage of our vast knowledge base and friendly community.  By registering you will gain access to many features - among them are our powerful Search feature, the ability to Private Message other Users, and be able to post and/or answer questions from all over the world. It is completely free, no “catches,” and you will have complete control over how you wish to use this site.

PalmTalk is sponsored by the International Palm Society. - an organization dedicated to learning everything about and enjoying palm trees (and their companion plants) while conserving endangered palm species and habitat worldwide. Please take the time to know us all better and register.

guest Renda04.jpg

Anthocephalus cadamba

ixigena

Anthocephalus cadamba or "Jabon" in Indonesian. The leaf looks like Ficus Dammaropsis that can reach 60-80cm length and 40-60cm width.

The leaf thinner than Ficus damaropsis, just very difficult to get FD seeds or plant even the plant from Papua which still in Indonesia.

The use of this specie is for logging soft wood industries, for plywood, pulp and building material.

Very fast growing. 12-20cm per month depend on soil and climate condition. Need a lots of water and sun.

Origin: Java Island, Indonesia.

Popular as forest industry start on year 2000.

This was 1st month after from 30cm seedling. I bought less than 50 cents/ seedling.

Quite attractive as ornamental plants in palm garden

post-1960-086321400 1292824819_thumb.jpg

This was 4th month after

post-1960-068532600 1292824933_thumb.jpg

This was 6th month after. My daughter Naomi for a scale

post-1960-035375300 1292825305_thumb.jpg

This was 6th month after. My self for a scale

post-1960-089025500 1292825411_thumb.jpg

Best Regards,

Hendriks

Edited by ixigena

Very Tropical!

Zone 10a at best after 2007 AND 2013, on SW facing hill, 1 1/2 miles from coast in Oceanside, CA. 30-98 degrees, and 45-80deg. about 95% of the time.

"The great workman of nature is time."   ,  "Genius is nothing but a great aptitude for patience."

-George-Louis Leclerc de Buffon-

I do some experiments and learning in my garden with palms so you don't have to experience the pain! Look at my old threads to find various observations and tips!

Hendriks,

Do they sell seeds too? Please??

Regards, Ari :)

Dear Ari,

They do sell the seeds also. I will find out the seller for you. And it is not expensive. I think in Bogor area. Would it difficult to mail the seeds to you without phytosanitary certificate?

Here after 8-9 months

My daughter Naomi for a scale. I took out the branch up to 8 meters. Because the rules of the paddy's farmer here not to branching big tree that blocking the sun and small birds could build the nest. Often thousands of small birds like sparrows and wren become a pest that attacking the rice grain when time close to harvest time.

post-1960-099692200 1292846299_thumb.jpg

Edited by ixigena

no.... Australia doesn't need phyto certificate. I just have to check whether the seeds on the list. I will pm you. Thanks Hendriks :) :).

Ari & Scott

Darwin, NT, Australia

-12°32'53" 131°10'20"

Thanks for the pictures Hendriks! Cool plant.

Matt Bradford

"Manambe Lavaka"

Spring Valley, CA (8.5 miles inland from San Diego Bay)

10B on the hill (635 ft. elevation)

9B in the canyon (520 ft. elevation)

Hendriks, I sent you an email. I hope your email still the same??

Ari & Scott

Darwin, NT, Australia

-12°32'53" 131°10'20"

Hendriks, I sent you an email. I hope your email still the same??

Dear Ari and Peter,

I sent you a PM, just be patient OK?!

Cheers!! Hendriks

I am very patient.... don't worry. You should ask me how many years I have to wait till I can get Amherstia nobilis :winkie:

Ari & Scott

Darwin, NT, Australia

-12°32'53" 131°10'20"