IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT ABOUT LOGGING IN ×
  • WELCOME GUEST

It looks as if you are viewing PalmTalk as an unregistered Guest.

Please consider registering so as to take better advantage of our vast knowledge base and friendly community.  By registering you will gain access to many features - among them are our powerful Search feature, the ability to Private Message other Users, and be able to post and/or answer questions from all over the world. It is completely free, no “catches,” and you will have complete control over how you wish to use this site.

PalmTalk is sponsored by the International Palm Society. - an organization dedicated to learning everything about and enjoying palm trees (and their companion plants) while conserving endangered palm species and habitat worldwide. Please take the time to know us all better and register.

guest Renda04.jpg

Ever Been To Jimbo's

bubba

My oldest son recently got married and we started his Bachelor party at an out of the ordinary place called Jimbo's:

P1030238.jpg

You can meet about anybody at Jimbo's from Federal Judges to fugitives and models. You enter around the magic bus to the greeting of the well fed and happy feral cats and dogs:

P1030237.jpg

Great foliage and characters. Ernest Hemingway signed the back of an old piece of wood somewhere on premises:

P1030241.jpg

It has character of it's own and I would recommend it as a place off the beaten path.

What you look for is what is looking

The Jimbos where I live is a tad different.

Coastal San Diego, California

Z10b

Dry summer subtropical/Mediterranean

warm summer/mild winter

Bubba - I have been there many times. They filmed scenes from Miami Vice there often. Seen many a photo shoot there as well. The City of Miami hates Jimbo's because he has squatters rights. It is near a sewage plant that made the location unsavory in the old days. When they developed Fisher Island, (Oprah and Rosie O'Donnel have homes there) corrective measures was undertaken to control the odor. Jimbo's is sitting on some very expensive island waterfront property south of Fisher Island and south east of South Beach.

This place reminds me of the Florida Keys back in the 1960's.

Coral Gables, FL 8 miles North of Fairchild USDA Zone 10B

Bubba - did you try Jimbo's smoked fish.?Sometimes he has 8 different species for sale. You bring Jimbo your fish and he will smoke it for you. He takes half the fish for his services. You have a 50 lbs. King Mackeral -you get back about 20 lbs. of smoked kingfish with no effort! :greenthumb:

Moose, I did have the smoked fish and it was great. Thank you for the details on this spot because it still is old Florida. As Jimbo reminded us, Key Biscayne is the first Key.

Bill, I am not sure I can give very good directions. It is down a dirt road in Key Biscayne.

Moose, I did have the smoked fish and it was great. Thank you for the details on this spot because it still is old Florida. As Jimbo reminded us, Key Biscayne is the first Key.

Bill, I am not sure I can give very good directions. It is down a dirt road in Key Biscayne.

Bubba - I am sure Jimbo had his signature cigar in his mouth. Technically, this is Virginia Key, the next bridge over bear cut is Key Biscayne, Richard Nixon's old haunt. during his presidency. :D

• 1 year later...

Bubba,

Wow, great ambience! And with a sewage plant next door, what more could one possibly ask for? :lol:

Bo-Göran

Leilani Estates, 25 mls/40 km south of Hilo, Big Island of Hawai'i. Elevation 880 ft/270 m. Average rainfall 140 inches/3550 mm

• 1 year later...

Moose, Any news on this spot since Jimbo's passing? It had a great sense of place with his presence.