• Announcements

• COMING PALMTALK CHANGES - PLEASE READ   02/14/2017

In the coming week (probably beginning this weekend), several major changes will be occurring with PalmTalk. The result will be short periods of complete closure, or of limited viewing (that is, no posting - but viewing still possible). These changes are major and unexpected complications are always a possibility. So, please be patient and bear with us. For those interested, the first phase will be a migration of the entire site to a new more powerful server. After this is completed, a major upgrade to the newest version of the forum software will then be attempted. It is hoped that these improvements, along with some new configurations of various parameters made possible with the new server capabilities, will result in an elimination of some error messages and glitches which have been plaguing various tasks and viewing recently. As with any upgrade there will probably be some new and/or changed features, or ways of viewing and/or using the forum. I anticipate these will be minor, and as always if there is anything confusing or needing explanation, we will set up a topic to discuss them.

Free Seeds

9 posts in this topic

I have a couple hundred ripe seeds that I will give away (25 each) first come first serve, if your not local PM and send a postage paid envelope.

Aloha,

Bill :D:winkie:

Any seeds left Bill?

Mike V.

mvergini@socal.rr.com

Any seeds left Bill?

Mike V.

mvergini@socal.rr.com

Mike - I still have a hundred or so

Any seeds left Bill?

Mike V.

mvergini@socal.rr.com

Bill, I need to mail you an envelope. I need your address. You can send me a pm @ mvergini@socal.rr.com if you wish.

FYI, I purchased a nice H. Belmo from you a while ago that's doing great in the ground here in the San Fernando Valley.

Thanks.

Mike

Any seeds left Bill?

Mike V.

mvergini@socal.rr.com

Bill, I need to mail you an envelope. I need your address. You can send me a pm @ mvergini@socal.rr.com if you wish.

FYI, I purchased a nice H. Belmo from you a while ago that's doing great in the ground here in the San Fernando Valley.

Thanks.

Mike-

Would love to see a pic of the Belmo, mine is finally seeding. Send the envelop to Palms of Paradise POB 1097 Cardiff CA 92007

Mike

Thanks Bill. I'll mail the envelope.

I love this Belmo. It has a nice recurved leaf. I cut the bottom of the pot and planted it last spring. It's under 50% shade and it still burned from A.M. sun every time I have a +100 degree heat wave. I know it looks like crap compared to yours but it's growing well now and it opened 3 new leaves this summer, all much smaller that the older leaves. (see crown shot). I have canopy planted nearby and plan to slowly acclimate it to more sun. Where I am at that will take years! I will cut the container away next spring and I'm sure the leaves will be larger and more recurved with time.

post-1893-069870500 1285114851_thumb.jpg

Mike

post-1893-096432600 1285114832_thumb.jpg

I love this Belmo. It has a nice recurved leaf. I cut the bottom of the pot and planted it last spring. It's under 50% shade and it still burned from A.M. sun every time I have a +100 degree heat wave. I know it looks like crap compared to yours but it's growing well now and it opened 3 new leaves this summer, all much smaller that the older leaves. (see crown shot). I have canopy planted nearby and plan to slowly acclimate it to more sun. Where I am at that will take years! I will cut the container away next spring and I'm sure the leaves will be larger and more recurved with time.

Mike

I got the seeds the other day. Looks like I got the whole lot. Thanks Bill.

Mike

Mike

The Belmo looks like its fitting in, it just takes time, like so many of them do.

Aloha Bill,

Any seeds left?