• Announcements

• IPS BIENNIAL - SARAWAK / SINGAPORE JUNE 12-19   01/23/2016

STILL TIME TO REGISTER!!
      Don't miss this opportunity to hike through natural forest areas of Borneo to see palms in habitat led by expert guides. Experience the culture and cuisine of this exotic Southeast Asian country with fellow IPS travelers.
      In Singapore you'll experience the world's largest covered garden, Gardens by the Bay, and tour the venerable Singapore Botanic Garden. 
      You must be an IPS member to register, so sign up today. For more information click HERE (For more info of past biennials and member experiences see the BIENNIAL FORUM on Palmtalk.)   One of the exotic palms of Borneo
    • NEW FORUM - PALMS IN POTS   01/23/2016

CHECK IT OUT BELOW I think it is self explanatory - it's right below the COLD HARDY PALMS FORUM.

Free Seeds

9 posts in this topic

I have a couple hundred ripe seeds that I will give away (25 each) first come first serve, if your not local PM and send a postage paid envelope.

Aloha,

Bill :D:winkie:

Any seeds left Bill?

Mike V.

mvergini@socal.rr.com

Any seeds left Bill?

Mike V.

mvergini@socal.rr.com

Mike - I still have a hundred or so

Any seeds left Bill?

Mike V.

mvergini@socal.rr.com

Bill, I need to mail you an envelope. I need your address. You can send me a pm @ mvergini@socal.rr.com if you wish.

FYI, I purchased a nice H. Belmo from you a while ago that's doing great in the ground here in the San Fernando Valley.

Thanks.

Mike

Any seeds left Bill?

Mike V.

mvergini@socal.rr.com

Bill, I need to mail you an envelope. I need your address. You can send me a pm @ mvergini@socal.rr.com if you wish.

FYI, I purchased a nice H. Belmo from you a while ago that's doing great in the ground here in the San Fernando Valley.

Thanks.

Mike-

Would love to see a pic of the Belmo, mine is finally seeding. Send the envelop to Palms of Paradise POB 1097 Cardiff CA 92007

Mike

Thanks Bill. I'll mail the envelope.

I love this Belmo. It has a nice recurved leaf. I cut the bottom of the pot and planted it last spring. It's under 50% shade and it still burned from A.M. sun every time I have a +100 degree heat wave. I know it looks like crap compared to yours but it's growing well now and it opened 3 new leaves this summer, all much smaller that the older leaves. (see crown shot). I have canopy planted nearby and plan to slowly acclimate it to more sun. Where I am at that will take years! I will cut the container away next spring and I'm sure the leaves will be larger and more recurved with time.

post-1893-069870500 1285114851_thumb.jpg

Mike

post-1893-096432600 1285114832_thumb.jpg

I love this Belmo. It has a nice recurved leaf. I cut the bottom of the pot and planted it last spring. It's under 50% shade and it still burned from A.M. sun every time I have a +100 degree heat wave. I know it looks like crap compared to yours but it's growing well now and it opened 3 new leaves this summer, all much smaller that the older leaves. (see crown shot). I have canopy planted nearby and plan to slowly acclimate it to more sun. Where I am at that will take years! I will cut the container away next spring and I'm sure the leaves will be larger and more recurved with time.

Mike

I got the seeds the other day. Looks like I got the whole lot. Thanks Bill.

Mike

Mike

The Belmo looks like its fitting in, it just takes time, like so many of them do.

Aloha Bill,

Any seeds left?