IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT ABOUT LOGGING IN ×
  • WELCOME GUEST

It looks as if you are viewing PalmTalk as an unregistered Guest.

Please consider registering so as to take better advantage of our vast knowledge base and friendly community.  By registering you will gain access to many features - among them are our powerful Search feature, the ability to Private Message other Users, and be able to post and/or answer questions from all over the world. It is completely free, no “catches,” and you will have complete control over how you wish to use this site.

PalmTalk is sponsored by the International Palm Society. - an organization dedicated to learning everything about and enjoying palm trees (and their companion plants) while conserving endangered palm species and habitat worldwide. Please take the time to know us all better and register.

guest Renda04.jpg

WAS ANYONE STILL USING "CLASSIC BLUE?"

PALM MOD

I assume "Classic Blue " is the current format that I'm looking at on my PC right now.

If so, then there is nothing wrong with this format. I still get the dates, times and everyone's avatars etc.

However, on my Iphone, when I view the forum it is obviously now in your new format which is a right royal pain in the proverbial.

As I can't :-

1. Get any times or dates of posting.

2. Loose all the Avatars.

3. And most IMPORTANTLY I can't read the next as it is way toooo small and cannot Zoom in and expand the text when viewing from the Iphone, unless I go to bottom of page and click on the "Veiw Full Version" link.

Then everything goes back to normal.

Hope this feed back helps you. Dean .

Best regards Andy.

I have the same difficulties viewing the site on my iPhone. Many sites have a mobile setting that's for smart phone access. I think Ari mentioned that she found a setting that worked well, but I don't know what it is. I'll ask her about next time I'm on FB.

There are three available skins - Classic Blue, IP.Board, and IP.Board Mobile (All in the pull down box in the lower left hand corner)

The default for new users should be IP.Board. The Classic Blue, as mentioned, is broken now - with times, search feature, and some other things not functioning well.

And most smart phones log in to the IP.Board Mobile skin automatically. I know my iPhone does. This skin gets rid of all the "fluff" and allows users to just get to the "meat" of the topics, posts, etc. without the graphics and extras that may slow down a mobile connection.

I might add that for those users that pay by bandwidth, or have quotas, they can save by using the mobile skin, as less data is transferred.

Thanks to those of you who help make this a fun and friendly forum.

I assume "Classic Blue " is the current format that I'm looking at on my PC right now.

If so, then there is nothing wrong with this format. I still get the dates, times and everyone's avatars etc.

However, on my Iphone, when I view the forum it is obviously now in your new format which is a right royal pain in the proverbial.

As I can't :-

1. Get any times or dates of posting.

2. Loose all the Avatars.

3. And most IMPORTANTLY I can't read the next as it is way toooo small and cannot Zoom in and expand the text when viewing from the Iphone, unless I go to bottom of page and click on the "Veiw Full Version" link.

Then everything goes back to normal.

Hope this feed back helps you. Dean .

Best regards Andy.

I have the same difficulties viewing the site on my iPhone. Many sites have a mobile setting that's for smart phone access. I think Ari mentioned that she found a setting that worked well, but I don't know what it is. I'll ask her about next time I'm on FB.

There are three available skins - Classic Blue, IP.Board, and IP.Board Mobile (All in the pull down box in the lower left hand corner)

The default for new users should be IP.Board. The Classic Blue, as mentioned, is broken now - with times, search feature, and some other things not functioning well.

And most smart phones log in to the IP.Board Mobile skin automatically. I know my iPhone does. This skin gets rid of all the "fluff" and allows users to just get to the "meat" of the topics, posts, etc. without the graphics and extras that may slow down a mobile connection.

I might add that for those users that pay by bandwidth, or have quotas, they can save by using the mobile skin, as less data is transferred.

I use the IP.Board Mobile. The main problem is that the text is really small and I can't expand it. Please let me know if I'm missing something.

Dean - There is a message at the bottom of the page "get the free IP.Board App for iPhone now". It has a rating of 3 out of 5. I don't like to download unnecessary apps. Is this something I should try?

I have not seen that. Maybe that is something new with the new upgrade. Let me check it out first on my iPhone. In the past I didn't have to do anything at all. I would just visit PalmTalk, sign in, and everything was automatically in the Mobile Skin. The software was able to recognize the browser as a mobile device and use the less demanding format. Until I can check it out, try manually changing your skin from the drop down skin menu. I can't imagine why an app would be needed.

Thanks to those of you who help make this a fun and friendly forum.

Okay - I take it all back - tried to do a search in classic blue and it could not find threads with common words like weevil; switched to IP.Board and searches found threads for the same words. :( (I guess this emoticon will have to do for a whiny old dog) - gmp

Okay - I take it all back - tried to do a search in classic blue and it could not find threads with common words like weevil; switched to IP.Board and searches found threads for the same words. :( (I guess this emoticon will have to do for a whiny old dog) - gmp

Plus the advanced search is operable in the IP skin. And in Classic Blue, all the times and dates of the posts are lost in some menus as well.

animated-volcano-image-0010.gif.71ccc48bfc1ec622a0adca187eabaaa4.gif

Kona, on The Big Island
Hawaii - Land of Volcanoes

We need "I.P. Board-Vision Impaired" then it will be awesome!

Zone 10a at best after 2007 AND 2013, on SW facing hill, 1 1/2 miles from coast in Oceanside, CA. 30-98 degrees, and 45-80deg. about 95% of the time.

"The great workman of nature is time."   ,  "Genius is nothing but a great aptitude for patience."

-George-Louis Leclerc de Buffon-

I do some experiments and learning in my garden with palms so you don't have to experience the pain! Look at my old threads to find various observations and tips!

The search of weevil word in "classic blue" returned 74 , BUT the default page displayed is looking in "Help" section and not "forum" click on forum and get your results.

post-552-037664600 1286347715_thumb.jpg post-552-048319000 1286347713_thumb.jpg

a old "classic Blue" fan

Jean-bernard

crazy sower

city : Nantes, France,