• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 PiousPalms

PiousPalms

Moe'uhane Oihana mahi ai

• IPS MEMBER
  • 5,060 posts

Posted 17 August 2010 - 11:50 AM

Let's say I want to search for a specific palm using its binomial... For example Dypsis rivularis.

I don't want a list of every time either search words have been used; all of the dypsis threads or a slew of Ravanea threads pertaining to rivularis... I am specifically targeting "Dypsis rivularis" Is there a way to accomplish this? Like using quotes around the nomenclature or a plus symbol between the two parts of the name?

Any ideas?

B)

William DeBoe

Aloha mai no, aloha aku; o ka huhu ka mea e ola 'ole ai.

When love is given, love should be returned; anger is the thing that gives no life.

PalmTalk Advertising

#2 Succulentum

Succulentum

• IPS MEMBER
  • 255 posts

Posted 17 August 2010 - 10:23 PM

Let's say I want to search for a specific palm using its binomial... For example Dypsis rivularis.

I don't want a list of every time either search words have been used; all of the dypsis threads or a slew of Ravanea threads pertaining to rivularis... I am specifically targeting "Dypsis rivularis" Is there a way to accomplish this? Like using quotes around the nomenclature or a plus symbol between the two parts of the name?

Any ideas?

B)

Hi Bill,
perhaps i don't understand really the question but if it is in PT search, I ofen do that :

"Dypsis rivularis" with double quotes. and then for your exemple PT return 18 results.
and then when I'm in the thread I make a ctrl F/ctrl C in Firefox to find directly the post.
not all the threads have the search words highlighted in the header, but the couple of words are there.
the good thing is with posts with multi pages we go directly on the first page with the couple words but we can also get multiple results for the same thread.
hope it helps.

search.jpg

jean-bernard
Jean-bernard
crazy sower
city : Nantes, France,

#3 Kathryn

Kathryn

• IPS DIRECTOR
  • 1,827 posts

Posted 02 September 2010 - 09:18 AM

Now if we could just get people to spell correctly.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users