user name

15 posts in this topic

I would like to change my user name to something a more practical for me. Can I do this from within my current account, or must/can I register under a new account?

Go to "my settings" in the top right and you'll see something like "change display name"

I think only IPS members can change their display name :/.

:) Jonathan

Edited by Xenon

I like obabylive...it has panache....

I just realised its obabylive not babyolive....eeek !!

Peachy

Thanks for the feedback and comments everyone. Guess I'll reconsider the change, or re-up my membership to IPS after letting it expire yrs backlaugh.gif .

There are several extra perks that IPS Members get here, and the ability to change your name is one of them.

Thanks for the feedback and comments everyone. Guess I'll reconsider the change, or re-up my membership to IPS after letting it expire yrs backlaugh.gif .

Obenia - come back to your IPS family. blush.gif

I would like to change my user name to something a more practical for me. Can I do this from within my current account, or must/can I register under a new account?

I also would like to change my user name but registration won't let me anyone know why? I would like to use my real name.

Thanks anyone.

Cal Sloan

I also would like to change my user name but registration won't let me anyone know why? I would like to use my real name.

Thanks anyone.

Cal Sloan

I would like to change my user name and use my real name. Registration won't let me, anyone know why?

Thanks, cal sloan

I would like to change my user name and use my real name. Registration won't let me, anyone know why?

Thanks, cal sloan

You need to be an IPS Member to be able to change your username.

On this point, I remember that the system did not let me register myself as just 'Kumar' when I registered in April, citing that the name was already taken. While going through the member list one day I found nobody by that name. Why the denial then ?

On this point, I remember that the system did not let me register myself as just 'Kumar' when I registered in April, citing that the name was already taken. While going through the member list one day I found nobody by that name. Why the denial then ?

No idea. Maybe you became confused between the login name and the display name. Or maybe you tried registering twice using the same email address. I went ahead and changed your display name to Kumar, and it let me without a problem. If you want it changed back, let me know. If you keep it, be aware that your login name has remained what it always has been.

No idea. Maybe you became confused between the login name and the display name. Or maybe you tried registering twice using the same email address. I went ahead and changed your display name to Kumar, and it let me without a problem. If you want it changed back, let me know. If you keep it, be aware that your login name has remained what it always has been.

Thank you. I am grateful.