IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT ABOUT LOGGING IN ×
  • WELCOME GUEST

It looks as if you are viewing PalmTalk as an unregistered Guest.

Please consider registering so as to take better advantage of our vast knowledge base and friendly community.  By registering you will gain access to many features - among them are our powerful Search feature, the ability to Private Message other Users, and be able to post and/or answer questions from all over the world. It is completely free, no “catches,” and you will have complete control over how you wish to use this site.

PalmTalk is sponsored by the International Palm Society. - an organization dedicated to learning everything about and enjoying palm trees (and their companion plants) while conserving endangered palm species and habitat worldwide. Please take the time to know us all better and register.

guest Renda04.jpg

Jungle Music mail order

Darold Petty

I dropped out of the bidding at the Darian meeting for a Dypsis, and soon afterward had a severe case of bidder's remorse.

I telephoned Phil Bergman at 10:00 AM on Tuesday to inquire if he had this species. "Yes, and we can mail-order it to you" was the response. Phil sent me a Dypsis in the 5-gallon pot, not bare-rooted. The package arrived at my home on Thursday at 2:00 PM, just 52 hours after our conversation. The palm was in perfect condition and was exactly as he had described it. Thanks Phil !!! :lol:

San Francisco, California

Which one Darold?

They are not all alike as some think. :lol:

Zone 10a at best after 2007 AND 2013, on SW facing hill, 1 1/2 miles from coast in Oceanside, CA. 30-98 degrees, and 45-80deg. about 95% of the time.

"The great workman of nature is time."   ,  "Genius is nothing but a great aptitude for patience."

-George-Louis Leclerc de Buffon-

I do some experiments and learning in my garden with palms so you don't have to experience the pain! Look at my old threads to find various observations and tips!

I dropped out of the bidding at the Darian meeting for a Dypsis, and soon afterward had a severe case of bidder's remorse.

I telephoned Phil Bergman at 10:00 AM on Tuesday to inquire if he had this species. "Yes, and we can mail-order it to you" was the response. Phil sent me a Dypsis in the 5-gallon pot, not bare-rooted. The package arrived at my home on Thursday at 2:00 PM, just 52 hours after our conversation. The palm was in perfect condition and was exactly as he had described it. Thanks Phil !!! :lol:

It's all about service. And they certainly know how to give it.

Jeff

Searle Brothers Nursery Inc.

and The Rainforest Collection.

Southwest Ranches,Fl.

Hi Bill, the palm was Dypsis onilahensis 'droopy leaf'. Sorry we didn't get to talk more during the meeting.

San Francisco, California

Hi Bill, the palm was Dypsis onilahensis 'droopy leaf'. Sorry we didn't get to talk more during the meeting.

Yes, very true. If I wasn't as busy "guiding" I would have visited more. But I had a great time and felt privileged to be allowed to help. Glad you were there.

Zone 10a at best after 2007 AND 2013, on SW facing hill, 1 1/2 miles from coast in Oceanside, CA. 30-98 degrees, and 45-80deg. about 95% of the time.

"The great workman of nature is time."   ,  "Genius is nothing but a great aptitude for patience."

-George-Louis Leclerc de Buffon-

I do some experiments and learning in my garden with palms so you don't have to experience the pain! Look at my old threads to find various observations and tips!

Darold and others,

Thank you for you kind comments. I appreciate it.

For those in the Southern States like Florida, Mississippi, Arkansas, etc., remember that your states require a Phytosanitary Permit issued by an agriculture inspector from the state of the shipping nursery. This is for any plant material from any nursery outside of your state; required by law, no exceptions. We are a CA Certified Nursery but still must get you the phtyo. So, it takes an extra day to ship to you guys because I have to call out an Ag inspector to look at the plants and give me the phyto to accompany the shipment. If a phyto is not required for your state, I usually ship to you the same day. For Texas, we are on a special compliance program and can ship the same day. Northern California requires that the shipping nursery is on the Glassy Wing Sharp Shooter Program, which we are. So, no delay to Nor Cal. But, an inspector may wish to inspect plants once they are received in Northern California if they are species susceptible to Pierce Disease (GWSS). Dypsis onilahensis is an exempt species from the Pierce Disease list.

In summary, we ship very quickly as Darold said and try our best to give good service.

Phil

• Upvote 1

Jungle Music Palms and Cycads, established 1977 and located in Encinitas, CA, 20 miles north of San Diego on the Coast.  Phone:  619 2914605 Link to Phil's Email phil.bergman@junglemusic.net Website: www.junglemusic.net Link to Jungle Music Palms and Cycads

• 4 years later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Phil and his team are great. I ordered an eriospatha, c. Alba, and trithinax a. Asks they arrived in perfect condition. I even recieve a follow up call months after the purchase. A+ group