IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT ABOUT LOGGING IN ×
  • WELCOME GUEST

It looks as if you are viewing PalmTalk as an unregistered Guest.

Please consider registering so as to take better advantage of our vast knowledge base and friendly community.  By registering you will gain access to many features - among them are our powerful Search feature, the ability to Private Message other Users, and be able to post and/or answer questions from all over the world. It is completely free, no “catches,” and you will have complete control over how you wish to use this site.

PalmTalk is sponsored by the International Palm Society. - an organization dedicated to learning everything about and enjoying palm trees (and their companion plants) while conserving endangered palm species and habitat worldwide. Please take the time to know us all better and register.

guest Renda04.jpg

Apology to Ed

Nick L

Hello Ed,

I have made a horrible mistake by misjudging you and if you will allow me I will try and explain why and apologize for my behavior regarding the mad fox seeds.

I had made a post in Randy's Mad Fox thread and it was deleted. The content of the post included a quote from your for sale thread indicating you had received the seeds and were ready to ship them out, and that I would soon be a recipient of 50 of your seeds, nothing more than innocent exuberance.

The post was deleted without explanation and I became quite upset of the censorship. After several failed attempts in the thread to get an explanation as to why my post was deleted the whole thread was removed. This morning two (days later) I finally received a PM from a mod with explanation as to why my first post was deleted. The explanation was assumptive, malicious, contained personal attracts and then finally stated reason for deletion, it was because of mention of payment procedure (PayPal) in your quote and was ultimately decided it was out of context in this thread. What!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Never in my wildest days could I have imagined that because your request for PayPal address and one moderators assumption that I was peddling seeds for you would be the reason for the deletion, less, brief explanation.

Now your thinking what has this got to do with me………

Ed, I erroneously concluded that you were responsible for my post being deleted. I concluded this only because your "quote" had contained the time stamp that very closely mirrored the time stamps of Randy and Matt's post announcing the arrival of their seeds. Seemed obvious at the time but no big deal, until after my post was deleted, this deletion was the only reason for the escalation of the issue.

No reflection on you Ed but, because I have been burned so many times on

"Fresh seed deals" I became overly cautious and jumped to the wrong conclusion about our deal. I'm truly sorry and hope you can forgive me and try to understand. I believe that censorship is warranted at times, but to be singled out in the way of this procedure with capitulation, the deletion is unwarranted and without merit.

I don't know about you Ed, but I have seen from time to time others and regulars post's deleted or edited by the mods and most always take a few seconds and include a few words of explanation at the time as to why and include it back into the post. (unless of course it was because of gross content) I got no explanation for two days!

Regards

Nick

________________________________________________________________________________

Nick L

Nice coastal influence at 32 43'26.88"N 116 59'01.52"W elev. 829

I have been corresponding with both of you resently.

I think we have new tech woking against us at times!

We all know how to talk and listen verbally with our mouth and ears. Typing IS different. Thing get misconstrude much easier with the typed words. I have seen this happen many times.

Your both good people

My two cents, Randy

test

Moderating is not easy, and far from an exact science. And none of you will ever understand all the reasons why certain things are done the way they are. I have learned to handle all the accusations and complaints that come my way. Already, this week alone, I have been directly or indirectly accused of supporting homophobes, of protecting racists, and of moderating with favoritism. It's an interesting phenomena what "buttons" some of you have that inadvertently get pushed at times. In all cases when someone gets one of their buttons pushed, I urge them to privately contact me and give me enough time to provide a thoughtful response to whatever it is that "pushed their button."

In some cases, people feel a need to drag things out in public. Sometimes this happens before an explanation is received, and sometimes after. In Nick's case, he felt the need to do so both before and after receiving an explanation. i only want to assure anyone reading this that all good faith efforts were pursued to provide Nick an explanation for what was really a very minor occurrence in the grand scheme of things. I simply deleted a post I deemed to be inappropriate. And apparently a response to his public insinuations of favoritism with comments such as "Mods, was my post deleted due to a little favoritism or just exposing it?" weren't quick enough for him. So he then decided to continue with more public comments which I also deemed off topic (and deleted) in the thread in which they appeared.

And he is still continuing here. I have provided him a lengthy private explanation, and restored the original thread minus his inappropriate and off topic comments. So I have nothing more to say other than the Moderators here can't read every post that is made on PalmTalk shortly after it is posted - and can't provide a detailed explanation for every minor action. So if you feel you have been treated unfairly, please PM me privately for an explanation before taking things public. Doing so will not only provide a means to rectify any disagreement in private, it will also assure that I receive, read, and can address your concerns quickly.

Thanks to those of you who help make this a fun and friendly forum.

Thanks for the input Dean.

________________________________________________________________________________

Nick L

Ok I am going to stick my neck out on the chopping block!

Nick ,

Our moderators work really hard for us! How much do we pay them for there time and diligents? NOTHING!

Sometimes Nick there going to do things we may or maynot agree with. We have to have rules or we have no forum!

When we don't agree with the moderators decision were just outta luck and move on.

Once again,

My two cents

test

Ok I am going to stick my neck out on the chopping block!

Nick ,

Our moderators work really hard for us! How much do we pay them for there time and diligents? NOTHING!

Sometimes Nick there going to do things we may or maynot agree with. We have to have rules or we have no forum!

When we don't agree with the moderators decision were just outta luck and move on.

Once again,

My two cents

Randy, careful, at this rate it wont be long until yer “pennyless’:winkie:

Nick L

All my "buttons" popped off long ago :lol:

Thanks Bob. :blink:

Nick L